Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Not just saying this because I’m sour he’s going to Arse (since I didn’t want him anyways) but just watching footage of both Mudryk and Madueke I’m easily more impressed with Madueke. Both look like top talents but I don’t see anything “special” about Mudryk, just a solid wide player.

The concerning thing I keep seeing over and over though is that he’s injured so often just like Mr Glass Christian Pulisic.

22 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Puzzled by Madueke - doesn't look any better than CHO or the bunch of players we've already got that aren't good enough for the top end of the premier league.

Madueke is the kind of player you can take your chance with when you have a complete squad already. But no way we go for him when we are rebuilding and need impact immediately.

This guy will spend more time with the doctors than in the training ground. 

I’ll wait to hear a price before I criticize, but yeah. Seems a strange buy at this moment in time.

The two positions we are i the most dire need of right now (RB & midfield) we seem not to be prioritizing. Unless a true future superstar of a wide player was available in January like Leão and you had a chance at him I don’t know why we’re after anyone. Should just wait until we can move CP & Ziyech and see what our options are.

1 hour ago, milka said:

They are both bang average I think. Thuram looks impressive with his size and pace but he is basically the Pogba of forwards, or maybe the French Arnautovic. He does not play the game at 100% intensity consistently, he also has technical deficiencies and is far from clinical. Only this season he is on a bit of a clinical streak for the first time in his career but I hope we do not intend for him to be our main striker target. His contract runs out in summer so he will be relatively cheap and if he can be got on reasonable wages, try it by all means. I doubt he will decide to come here tho, Barca and Bayern are also sniffing around. He will also be more successful in those leagues where he can cominate defenders physically unlike in PL.

This Noni chap I have not really seen but from what I hear he is quite injury prone, wasteful and technically incomplete as well. In other words fits in perfectly.

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

just pay 100m for osimhen

zero chance Napoli sells him now

and in the summer he may cost well over £100m if he keeps playing like he is (and has)

6954f33cd928128e5af5e7137c44a641.png

full replay and also just highlights

https://soccercatch.com/matches/18546319/napoli-vs-juventus#media

I'm not necessarily advocating us signing Madueke but what he certainly does do, and I think we as a club lack massively, is carry the ball with pace and intent.

I probably appreciate Willian a lot more now then I did when he was here because since he and Hazard moved on, we lack a player capable of doing this and it regularly leaves our attack looking so cumbersome and predictable. Felix did it a couple of times yesterday and it makes a huge difference (1) to getting the ball up the pitch quickly, and (2) opening spaces up in teams to exploit. 

Chelsea need a striker. forget about every other position. 

i don't know what havertz is but it's not a striker full stop. 

a 20 a season goalscorer is what we should break the bank for. all the other dead wood (pulisic ziyek cho etc) can be shipped out & replaced over the summer. 

I've never seen a less clinical Chelsea team in my puff! 

6 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I'm not necessarily advocating us signing Madueke but what he certainly does do, and I think we as a club lack massively, is carry the ball with pace and intent.

I probably appreciate Willian a lot more now then I did when he was here because since he and Hazard moved on, we lack a player capable of doing this and it regularly leaves our attack looking so cumbersome and predictable. Felix did it a couple of times yesterday and it makes a huge difference (1) to getting the ball up the pitch quickly, and (2) opening spaces up in teams to exploit. 

the main issues with Noni Madueke that I have are simple:

1. (hopefully doesn't matter) It is another Dutch farmer's league buy.

2. (bigger) He is injured a lot.

f3baec189a69573f8735136f11ccacb0.png

never has played more that 1000 league minutes in a season

0c4ae05251a93dba50d1850b0d529ae0.png

a53a927dd52d7b7de74c7aee7f397826.png

0cb9b4ec20c4f48cfb75529f8a797829.png

38e0c5c7758c6cecf1fd1f2fe0f3bab7.png

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the main issues with Noni Madueke that I have are simple:

1. (hopefully doesn't matter) It is another Dutch farmer's league buy.

2. (bigger) He is injured a lot.

f3baec189a69573f8735136f11ccacb0.png

never has played more that 1000 league minutes in a season

0c4ae05251a93dba50d1850b0d529ae0.png

a53a927dd52d7b7de74c7aee7f397826.png

0cb9b4ec20c4f48cfb75529f8a797829.png

38e0c5c7758c6cecf1fd1f2fe0f3bab7.png

The injuries are the biggest thing for me. I don't mind him having gone an unconventional route for his development and I think he'll wind up back in the Premier League before long anyway - I'm aware that he's been highly thought of through the England age groups.

But like you've highlighted above, given the injury issues he has had, I'd much prefer keeping an eye on scouting him in the second half of this season and see if he can stay fit for the rest of the season first. Having lost Gakpo, it'll be interesting to see whether he steps up and thrives having a more prominent role and responsibility to PSV. 

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I see claims now that he is 22 not 18. That would change everything. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11625411/amp/Cameroon-born-Borussia-Dortmund-star-Youssoufa-Moukoko-caught-age-fraud-storm.html

Cameroon-born Borussia Dortmund and Germany star Youssoufa Moukoko 'caught up in age fraud storm amid claims he is 22 and not 18'… with Premier League clubs likely to back off moving for the striker this summer 

Yep, I think we should give this a pass. There's no smoke without fire and I have heard too many allegations for me to think that there is reasons to be suspicious. It is a shame this goes on as there are other players I am sure have got away with this.

8 hours ago, Stats said:

Yep, I think we should give this a pass. There's no smoke without fire and I have heard too many allegations for me to think that there is reasons to be suspicious. It is a shame this goes on as there are other players I am sure have got away with this.

2023, multi-billion dollar cashflows, cutting edge medical staff, yet people are still capable of pulling this kind of stuff off. If this is true, he is done and I guess it's a solid reason for his fresh peachy contract with BVB to be void. And it may be one of rare occurrences when it's not even his or agent's fault, given the article.

Edited by Vegetable