Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I'd look at it the same way. If it suits let him go back on loan and let them cover his wages for the rest of the season in the hope that he can be sold for a few million in the summer after a good 6 months. Worst case scenario, you can give him a free transfer in the summer (as opposed to now) if there's no takers for £5-6m.

It's a shame really that we already have 2 loans in the team, otherwise I'd have been inclined to propose a loan swap with Auba and a cheeky proposal to take Raphinha for 6 months, given he's struggling there and they're extremely unlikely to command anywhere near the fee they paid out for him in the summer without a spike in form.

Nice idea. Has Zakaria done enough to warrant us offering to convert his loan to a permanent deal? That would clear space for a loan. Juve would be tempted I'm sure but could too early to make the call on Zak.

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Nice idea. Has Zakaria done enough to warrant us offering to convert his loan to a permanent deal? That would clear space for a loan. Juve would be tempted I'm sure but could too early to make the call on Zak.

Personally, I'd be inclined to wait for now and give it longer. I really like him, I mentioned the other day that he has a similarity to Mikel in the way he lets the ball across his body and blocks players off with his frame. It makes him extremely press resistant and gives him that extra second or two on the ball. He definitely offers a physical presence when he plays that the squad as a whole lacks. 

I would just like to see more first. It's a really small sample size we're going on for now, and its taken him time to gain that fitness and confidence. If he stays fit and plays the bulk of the rest of the season to a high standard, then I think he's a definite possibility to buy permanently. 

The only way I'd consider taking a punt now is if we could negotiate Juventus down significantly and see if they'd take £10-15m for him now to make it permanent. Given the legal issues around them and that he's surplus to requirements, maybe something could be done there. Will be ironic if we managed to screw them down on the fee seeing as the Italian clubs seem to be the masters of pleading poverty and haggling for a bargain.

7 minutes ago, Superblue said:

What is City's buy back on him?

I genuinely don't see a situation where we can entice them this window. We're short of players as it is currently so trying to package a couple into a deal I don't think will work. Gallagher is maybe the most desirable to them but why would he go there when they're struggling to stay up. He'd at worst I think be looking at a stable mid table club if he were to move on (maybe he'd be more suitable for Brighton if we went for one of their midfielders). 

I may be wrong, but I think Premier League rules prevent us loaning a player out to another Prem club when we've acquired them that window which rules out the likes of Fofana.

I still think out best opportunity is to see if Southampton go down and try for him in the summer. There will of course be the risk of City wanting him back but he has a choice not to join them. He left for a reason in the first place permanently, probably because he saw no route to the first team. If we're also in for him in the summer, he may view us as the more attractive proposition on the basis of being more likely to play regularly. It's the same reason I could see an attempt to buy back Livramento in the future being more difficult than it may seem because he'll know that so long as Reece is fit then he's first choice.

Yes, all makes sense. Including re Tino as I've pointed out previously.

Just checked to refresh my memory and City's clause is reported to be £40m. Southampton seem to like that number. 🙂

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes, all makes sense. Including re Tino as I've pointed out previously.

Just checked to refresh my memory and City's clause is reported to be £40m. Southampton seem to like that number. 🙂

I assume they may not be able to action it for at least a year, possibly two.

If it can be activated in the summer then at least I think it acts as a solid basis for a maximum point of negotiation. Southampton wouldn't really be able to ask for more if City could feasibly buy him for £40m and sell him on for a higher price if someone is willing to pay it. I also think if City did want him back, then it makes sense for Southampton to just be willing to accept offers from other clubs too and give the player the opportunity to decide for himself.

Still a lot of money, but he looks like he has huge upside and potential and £40m, whilst not cheap, feels fairly reasonable if he were to have a strong second half to the season.

Chelsea are in talks with AC Milan over cancelling Tiemoue Bakayoko's loan and are willing to let the £35M transfer flop leave on a FREE... with the midfielder last playing for the Blues back in 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11625605/Chelsea-talks-AC-Milan-cancelling-Tiemoue-Bakayokos-loan.html

10 hours ago, Strike said:

If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

Not only we took their deadwood after they fucked us all summer, we agreed to pay for it and gave him huge salary.

Since the champions league final, no decision of the club make sense to me.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Too much negatively around here for a club that is 7 games away from winning CL. 

each decade there are 160 slots that can make that claim

432 slots in my lifetime so far

all you need do is make it out of the group stage to get there

it's hardly a massive achievement for a quarter of a century plus power club like ours (starting in 1996/97 and up until now, when the trophies started to really pour in from then on, 27 and counting in that time period, and should be WELL over 30, perhaps 35 if we could fucking win domestic cup finals (CS, and lately, shockingly bad in the League Cup and FA cup finals) plus not have choked in Moscow 2008 (3 more trophies likely there alone, CL, SC, and FWCC) and also not choked at the 2012 FWCC (unless Real somehow cock up this year, we will be the only UEFA team to have lost the FWCC since the first 3 went to vastly better (for them in terms of having top players not fleeing to Europe) Brasilian teams, UEFA teams in the last 16 will be 15 wins, 1 LOSS, us, in 2012), and finally nicked just one of the SCs we lost in 2012, 2013, 2019 (especially 2019)

In regards to the FWCC, the only solace I take is that us losing in 2012 was not the worst UEFA result

in the very first one, in 2000, there were two UEFA teams and neither even made it to the final

Real Madrid went on to lose the 3rd place game as well, and Manure was even worse, they crashed out at the group stage

the next two FWCCs (2005 and 2006) were also won by Brasilian teams, São Paulo (great side, top 3 for sure Brasilian (and not just Brasilian, all of SA) team ever in the entire comp, they beat Pool despite missing 4 top players) and then the next year, Internacional (Porto Allegre) beat Barca.

After that, it was  ALL UEFA wins, except for us in 2012 (again to one of the best Brasilian teams ever in the FWCC , that Corinthians side with prime Paolo Guerrero plus a rock solid back 4)

The Palmeiras side we did beat in 2021 was a top 6 ever FWCC Brasilian side as well, along with both the winning Corinthians sides (2000, 2012), the 2005 and 2006 winning sides above, plus the finals-losing 2000 Vasco da Gama side.

Most of the years all the teams except for the UEFA one were weak, sometimes really weak.

I would rate the best non UEFA teams to make it to the final, in order of quality (now I do have to say those insane Boca Jrs teams of the late 1990s and early 2000s would have probably won one, but the FWCC was not played in 2001, 2002, 2003, or 2004, and in 2000 they were denied a spot by those two superb Brasil sides, they did win 3 of the 3 Intercontinental Cups they played in, beating Real Madrid in 2000, and Milan in 20023, losing to Bayern in 2001, and way back in 1977, they beat Borussia Mönchengladbach, after Pool refused to play in it )

so, the best non UEFA sides:

2000 Corinthians (easily the best non UEFA side ever in the FWCC, they were so fucking loaded)

2000 Vasco da Gama (Romario scored 66 goals that season!, lol)

2005 São Paulo

2012 Corinthians

2006 Internacional

2021 Palmeiras

2009 Estudiantes 

2007 Boca Juniors

2019 Flamengo

2017 Grêmio

816d8fe0bbfb539b7446e8c8e87d26f6.png

Edited by Vesper

18 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

A 3rd CL title for the only London club to win it, before Arsenal even makes a return to the CL next season..not bad. 

well, we should have 3 already, if not for Terry slipping on the shit Moscow pitch

I have to be honest

I would SO trade winning in 2008 for winning in 2012.

Of course both would be nice, but no shame in losing to a vastly superior tem in 2012 in their home stadium.

We were BEST team in 2008, and the way we lost is maddening. Bayern says the same for 2012.

Plus, Manure would NOT have a FWCC win at all (and we would have one more, as in 2008 the FWCC was SO weak, and we also would not have had the shame of losing it (FWCC) in 2012 either)

AND we would have another Super Cup as well, very little chance we would have lost to Zenit in 2008 (and we would also have one less Super Cup loss, as we got pounded in 2012, 4 to 1, by Atletico Madrid, who never lost a Super Cup, despite always being the Europa League representative)

Edited by Vesper

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lavia just bossed Citeh in MF last night, wow

stream replays

1st half Sky

https://sbchill.com/pnfaaqd5a3cj.html

2nd half Sky

https://sbchill.com/6tmpdv0w66ei.html

Didn't see it but I heard a game wrap up featuring Chris Sutton describing his performance as 'supurb'. Not helpful at all in terms of getting him this window. 🙁

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

8 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Caicedo noises starting to ramp up.

removing Enzo (sob) and Bellingham (he was a pipe dream, so not coming here, he will end up at Real, or Citeh, or, if the Glazers sell in time, maybe Manure)

the remotely available CMF/DMFs left that I rate buying:

Bruno Guimarães (hard AF pull)
Nicolò Barella (hard AF pull)

so that leaves those 6 to choose from, it really is not that complicated (other than the Enzo heartbreak)

Moisés Caicedo like a poor man's Kante but with more scoring ability
Roméo Lavia  a wee bit of Makélélé and Essien (healthy) combined, although nowhere near those levels yet
Manu Koné (most versatile on this list, can play anywhere in MF, also maybe even an emergency winger, RWB (not fullback) or even an SS
Alexis Mac Allister very versatile too, I think he is great

Martín Zubimendi (the deep lying playmaker type of the 6)
Matheus Nunes (Pool wants him BADLY)

the only AMF/No 10 I want is Arsen Zakharyan

Edited by Vesper

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

removing Enzo (sob) and Bellingham (he was a pipe dream, so not coimh, he will end up at Real, or Citeh or, if the Glazers sell in time, Manure)

the remotely available CMF/DMFs left that I rate buying:

Bruno Guimarães (hard AF pull)
Nicolò Barella (hard AF pull)

so that leaves those 6 to choose from, it really is not that complicated (other than the Enzo heartbreak)

Moisés Caicedo like a poor man's Kante but with more scoring ability
Roméo Lavia  a wee bit of Makélélé and Essien (healthy) combined, although nowhere near those levels yet
Manu Koné (most versatile on this list, can play anywhere in MF, also maybe even an emergency winger, RWB (not fullback) or even an SS
Alexis Mac Allister very versatile too, I think he is great

Martín Zubimendi (the deep lying playmaker type of the 6)
Matheus Nunes (Pool wants him BADLY)

the only AMF/No 10 I want is Arsen Zakharyan

If we'd manage to get a pair between now and the summer window, what would be your choice?

Edited by Artandur