Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, didi007 said:

It beggars belief people still think these same players who also won the Champions league and Super cup are suddenly bad players? With the right coaching these players are some of the best in the PL.

erm, did you see the way we were playing with the same manager and the same players since we won those?

we have been crushed with injuries as well

let's also drill down

this was the CL Final-winning team:

in BOLD BLACK are gone from the club (plus CHO, who is on loan)

in Bold RED are players injured a tonne since

in Bold BLUE are players who should stay (as should Reece and Chilwell) Of these the most contentious on here are only 2, Havertz and Mount, and both have been poor, under multiple managers at times

in BOLD GREEN need to GO (Kante, listed in Bold Red already, IF he accepts OUR deal, then fine, he stays, as we will not get shit for him) Kepa perhaps as a backup, but I would rather sell him

there is NO legit debate on the greens, they are all done with us as a way forward, poor players now, Jorginho is a fucking mess, the ONLY player on the planet (no bullshit) who made him acceptable was prime Kante and Wee Baldy is well spent as a day-to-day force

GK

16 Senegal Édouard Mendy
CB 28 Spain César Azpilicueta (c)
CB 6 Brazil Thiago Silva   downward-facing red arrow 39'
CB 2 Germany Antonio Rüdiger Yellow card 57'
RB 24 England Reece James
LB 21 England Ben Chilwell
CM 5 Italy Jorginho
CM 7 France N'Golo Kanté
AM 29 Germany Kai Havertz
AM 19 England Mason Mount   downward-facing red arrow 80'
CF 11 Germany Timo Werner   downward-facing red arrow 66'
Substitutes:
GK 1 Spain Kepa Arrizabalaga (back up only)
GK 13 Argentina Willy Caballero
DF 3 Spain Marcos Alonso
DF 4 Denmark Andreas Christensen   upward-facing green arrow 39'
DF 15 France Kurt Zouma
DF 33 Italy Emerson
MF 10 United States Christian Pulisic   upward-facing green arrow 66'
MF 17 Croatia Mateo Kovačić   upward-facing green arrow 80'
MF 20 England Callum Hudson-Odoi (Loan)
MF 22 Morocco Hakim Ziyech
MF 23 Scotland Billy Gilmour
FW 18 France Olivier Giroud

With the right coaching these players are some of the best in the PL.

who?

certainly none of the ones in Green (the gotta goes)

plus

Kai has struggled under every manager here

Mount has struggled now lately under Tuchel and under Potter

the others in Blue, ie the stays (Thiago and Kova), plus Reece, Chilwell, and Kante are fine when fully healthy

12 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

He's just signed for a new club... Making like 500k a day or something absolutely crazy like that 

yep, £3.5m PW, lololol

no taxes, so like £7m PW gross if in the EU

a million quid per day gross equivalent

🤣

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yep, £3.5m PW, lololol

no taxes, so like £7m PW gross if in the EU

a million quid per day gross equivalent

🤣

Yeah GL paying them wages on a loan deal 🤣🤣 kinda makes 11m for Felix look like a steel haha

Edited by YorkshireBlue

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

5 months would cost £150m just in wages (as taxes would come out, so we would have to double it up to pay him the same net)

lololol

I'd rather meet Jimmy savile as a child, than pay that for him

Atleti fans claim each Felix's goal had cost them 2.4 mil euro, hope it will come cheaper for us.

Btw, funnily enough Felix was claimed football god after 6 months in Benfica before he flopped after getting big move, so genuinely interested what he will show here. 

People not rating Mac Alister??

I'd take him over Mount in a heartbeat. Hes a far better player in my opinion. 

It's extremely worrying that we are looking to give Mount a new contract along with a permanently injured Kante.

Turning into a circus here.

16 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Atleti fans claim each Felix's goal had cost them 2.4 mil euro, hope it will come cheaper for us.

Btw, funnily enough Felix was claimed football god after 6 months in Benfica before he flopped after getting big move, so genuinely interested what he will show here. 

For sure he will get some injury or will be dropped after bad games and in the end he will cost us 1m per game just playing. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

At this point surely kalvin Phillips has to be looked at? I really wouldn't have a problem with him here.

You are clearly biased towards home-grown players. You like Mount and want Rice and Phillips here. All 3 mid table players at best. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

People not rating Mac Alister??

I'd take him over Mount in a heartbeat. Hes a far better player in my opinion. 

It's extremely worrying that we are looking to give Mount a new contract along with a permanently injured Kante.

Turning into a circus here.

Alister over Mount any day but on top of Mason staying meh.

Edited by TheHulk

Seeing quotes from Potter now saying Pulisic is out injured again for as long as a couple of months. We need to bin this crock the moment the summer window opens. Made of glass is an understatement when it comes to him. 

Get the 2 lightweight wingers Pulisic and Ziyech out and replace them with some strong, powerful athletes. 

27 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

That €2.4M figure for every goal contribution (G+A) is sensationalist, and would only be true if he left on a free transfer now which obviously won't be the case.

But assuming the loan won't be made permanent (no buy option) I really fear a few million a goal is what we're going to be paying for Felix. Total cost of the loan is around €18M including loan fee and wages so he'd have to score or assist ten goals or more to even take it under €2M per goal contribution. Considering the amount of games remaining the more likely return would be a maximum of five goals and a couple of assists which would amount to somewhere between €2M and €3M per goal involvement. That's how fucking bonkers the loan is.

The only way this deal can make any sense financially is if he somehow lightens up the whole team and we make the UCL qualification (which we won't) or we somehow fluke our way to another UCL title (which we won't). If either of those happens the deal will have been an unprecedented masterstroke but realistically the chances are very slim.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

I am curious about one thing with all those saying Enzo at 100m was way too much - What would be your midfield signing(s) ?

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

yep, everyone's a critic yet repeatedly I have asked numerous other posters who they would go for (and not just about Enzo either) in terms of players we are not linked with and/or are blowing off and................

Crickets-chirping GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'd like to think this is the whole point of the scouting and recruitment areas of the club being completely revamped.

All of these names being mentioned - Caicedo, Enzo, Mac Allister at one point were available for low fees earlier in their development and just require some time and patience to develop.

Football moves so quickly, there's no chance that 6 months ago when Benfica were signing Enzo that fast forward to now he'd be being looked at as one of the top midfielders in world football and 120m release clause sounds a "fair deal".

Any way you want to look at this, 120m is a massive risk on a player. He could become one of the top midfielders of his generation but are you prepared to gamble 120m for that? He's played in Europe for 6 months in the Portuguese league. He looks a real player but there are so many factors to consider, and it's hardly like we have a great track record of big money buys as it is. 

The key is for the likes of Vivell, Winstanley, Shields, etc to find the next ones because there will be a next one, that's how football works. It's a never ending conveyor belt and it's all about picking the right one from it at the right time. It also isn't as simple as looking at the best player we all think can be bought on the market if the fit here isn't right and that's another beauty about recruitment in sport. There's no guarantee. We may pick a player up that people don't rate at the same level as Enzo, but he ends up slotting into the side and fits like a glove for our team. Liverpool signed Wijnaldum who struggled in a relegated Newcastle side and he just fit them and elevated his game. Maybe we do the same in the summer with Lavia if Southampton went down, and he needed this season of playing more regularly to kick on and we get the benefits from that next year. I don't know, but I know that if we start shopping at the Enzo end of the market yet again, if it goes wrong, it significantly limits what we can do then moving forward.