Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think about a midfield partnership of Kova + Enzo. How are you getting the ball off them? Or if we’re playing 4-3-3 and having Kova, Enzo, and Jorginho on the pitch all at once. Just total control of midfield.

Enzo, Kovacic, and Mount will probably be utilised the most on European nights. 

Are we thinking Nkunku at CF?

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think about a midfield partnership of Kova + Enzo. How are you getting the ball off them? Or if we’re playing 4-3-3 and having Kova, Enzo, and Jorginho on the pitch all at once. Just total control of midfield.

Very similar to what we saw at the WC final

If anything happens with Jorginho’s or Kante’s supposed new contract offers and they decide to leave we should absolutely go in for Mac Allister to reunite him with Potter and (hopefully) Enzo. He and Mount as the most advanced of a 3 man midfield would be incredible.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

And you want to destroy all of that with Rice 😀

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm guessing Benfica sorted the deal out before our new ownership got their feet under the table.

Also the "10m to 100m plus" narrative is a bit misleading, Benfica got him so cheap because the Argentine peso is totally fucked, Palmeiras got 70m for Endrick and Brazil don't exactly have a strong economy, under normal circumstances Enzo would have cost around that to even get from River.

Interesting point.

But Enzo had been so highly rated and hyped before? About Endrick, I have known for years, it was breaking news everywhere when he signed for Real. About Enzo, I only heard this autumn when he made some breakthrough performances for Benfica in CL. But of course it’s maybe me only.

I remember one of the big concerns about Potter being manager was whether we would have sufficient pulling power.

Well so far Nkunku and Enzo have been convinced to join (even if we fail to agree with Benfica he wants to come) and Gvardiol considering and that's with our UCL position next season in doubt.

Think it's fair to say that worry is over. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I remember one of the big concerns about Potter being manager was whether we would have sufficient pulling power.

Well so far Nkunku and Enzo have been convinced to join (even if we fail to agree with Benfica he wants to come) and Gvardiol considering and that's with our UCL position next season in doubt.

Add Benoit...

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Gvardiol is sadly completely off the table with Badiashile coming in. Both are basically the same age and profile, both left footed CB’s. And we also still have Colwill who fit that same description. So we must surely have been told behind the scenes that Gvardiol has his sights set elsewhere next summer. Hopefully that’s Real Madrid and not one of our rivals. Would really sting if we see him playing in the PL whilst we have the far inferior player.

But on your overall point you’re right. Chelsea, much like United over the past few years when they’ve been down, can still attract top players regardless of position and manager. 

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah fair point. And I think the argument was weak to start with. Almost any player will want to come and play for Chelsea. We are still one of the best clubs in Europe and offer high wages. Why would any player not already in a top club not want to come and play here?  IF you're not a striker that is. I can see why strikers would have doubts about a move when it's widely known it's though to make it here as an attacking player.

Edited by Simon1991

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Gvardiol is sadly completely off the table with Badiashile coming in. Both are basically the same age and profile, both left footed CB’s. And we also still have Colwill who fit that same description. So we must surely have been told behind the scenes that Gvardiol has his sights set elsewhere next summer. Hopefully that’s Real Madrid and not one of our rivals. Would really sting if we see him playing in the PL whilst we have the far inferior player.

But on your overall point you’re right. Chelsea, much like United over the past few years when they’ve been down, can still attract top players regardless of position and manager. 

Tbh i genuinely believe Colwill has Gvardiol level potential so i'm not too gutted about this one.

If we somehow let Enzo slip through the net however, it would be up there with Moscow in my eyes, that's how much of a gamechanging signing i believe he'll be.