Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

new rules have stopped that from ever getting to the old Loan Army days again

I approve of this signing

I expect him to join the development team like Chukmueka did at first. Our development team almost got relegated that's why we're signing a lot of young players, and to have for the future.

18 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I expect him to join the development team like Chukmueka did at first. Our development team almost got relegated that's why we're signing a lot of young players, and to have for the future.

he looks quite explosive, time will tell

Never heard of him before but he looks ok in the vids. Moreover, what I like about him is that he already contributed to his teams championship and cup wins, even if it is just the Norwegian league it shows he can perform under pressure.

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

This has been my argument for years. You're not going to sign everyone and players will develop at different stages but in recent years we seemingly backed away from opportunities in favour of buying "ready made" players irrespective of their increase in price. It almost felt like the club was being lazy and not prepared to put in the hard yards to scout and identify emerging talent, instead the thought process being ready made = less risk when in reality it's simply not.

A club that once had the likes of Courtois, Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne on the books, all plucked from much smaller clubs and leagues in deals similar to this one, you'd have thought trying to go back to method and actually showing the patience to see if through a secondary time might have been a reasonable idea.

Deals like this carry much less risk. If he's not ready then build a development plan for him and put those hard yards in. He either becomes part of the first team squad which will likely save us 3, 4, 5 x this fee down the road, or at the very least if he doesn't materialise to what was hoped then he can likely be moved on in the future for a few million and he's not looked at as a colossal waste of money like so many others that have come before him have.

The simple fact is if we like him but we don't get him in this move, we'll be paying £30-50m absolute bare minimum if we go back to him in a couple of years and he's showing potential at a smaller Premier League team or a team in a bigger league like France or Germany.

1 hour ago, Hashishi said:

Chukwuemeka only played two games for the PL2 squad in August a week or two after signing and has been with the first team ever since. If he hadn't gotten injured before the WC break he'd have had a few more first team opportunities for sure. 

As for D. Fofana I can't say I've ever heard of the guy, let alone see him play, but with Broja's ACL injury there's really no excuse to not have him around the first team squad from the start. Auba has not exactly been great so assuming the club won't buy another already established striker in the January window there should be some opportunities for him in the second half of the season, whether as a starter or from the bench. If he looks out of his depth at this level for now, he can then be loaned out for the 23/24 season with Nkunku (hopefully) coming in.

I definitely approve of the signing. At €10M it's a very low-risk gamble. 

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If the multi team model happens in 2023, we will be able to get a lot of these young players first team starting minutes in other leagues.

Yes although I believe the recent changes in loan rules would impact us being able to buy talent and park too many into other clubs for a year or two on loan. Isn't there a rule with regards to being able to loan a number of players to the same team at one time?

In any event, I'm guessing though where the multi club model works well is it gives us effectively first dibs on top talent at a fair value, in the same way that Salzburg and Leipzig have operated (think Sesko was being touted in the summer at £40m and then Leipzig agree a deal for next year at half the price). In return these clubs are benefitting from our scouting and recruitment experience and expertise to bring in top young talent cheap and develop them. So as an example maybe a Portuguese or French club buys a player like Fofana and develops him for a couple of years and if he reaches the level his potential expects, then we might be able to buy him for £20-25m rather than being shafted with a £40-50m price tag like seems to be the norm nowadays.

People can turn their noses up at a multi club model and question the ethics behind it, but in the current and evolving climate of football, I believe it could form part of an extremely solid business plan.

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/rafael-leao-Chelsea-transfer-lukaku-25748677?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

This is what I'm saying about Leao. He might have good attacking stats but does he track back? People laugh at us because we big up Mount's workrate but it was because of his crap workrate that fat Rom failed here. It remains to be seen if he could improve this aspect of his game, but are we willing to drop 70-100m to help teach him to track back? Unpopular opinion: I would prefer Zaha on a free rather than another multimillion flop.

Edit: An exception to this was Hazard but he was good enough to build the team around him so he wouldnt have to track back, similar to how Leao/Giroud are at Milan. Is he good enough to build our team around him though?

Edited by Hashishi

39 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/rafael-leao-Chelsea-transfer-lukaku-25748677?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

This is what I'm saying about Leao. He might have good attacking stats but does he track back? People laugh at us because we big up Mount's workrate but it was because of his crap workrate that fat Rom failed here. It remains to be seen if he could improve this aspect of his game, but are we willing to drop 70-100m to help teach him to track back? Unpopular opinion: I would prefer Zaha on a free rather than another multimillion flop.

Edit: An exception to this was Hazard but he was good enough to build the team around him so he wouldnt have to track back, similar to how Leao/Giroud are at Milan. Is he good enough to build our team around him though?

He failed here because he is a below par footballer. 

Chelsea ready to make concrete attempt to sign £67m player who Arsenal are annoyed with

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-Chelsea-ready-to-make-concrete-attempt-to-sign-67m-player-who-arsenal-are-annoyed-with/

Reports from Italy have claimed that Chelsea are ready to make a concrete attempt to Dusan Vlahovic from Juventus.

According to Corriere Dello Sport, the Blues are prepared to rival their fellow Premier League sides for the striker who has recently been seen scoring at the World Cup.