Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

52 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's a good way to form an opinion on players who are lesser known, for sure. I'm hoping this new strategy works in the long term.

I like the strategy too, so let's hope those making the call get the individual player decisions right.

Signing good players under a poor coach won't help this team grow. Even Ziyech and Pulisic are doing excellently well at the world cup but has been reduced to shit under us. How we make all attacking players look inferior in Chelsea fc baffles me. The earlier we have a proper coach the better. Fans keep on calling on the club to sign the best talented players around but call those players mediocre when things don't work to their expectation. 

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Fire sale at Juve

You mean, they are not Man City nor PSG, so suddenly a) FFP is a thing b) They may actually be in hot water for this?

Besides, they supposedly overstated player's transfer values… That's relative as hell, for example we should be jailed for pretty much every incoming transfer in recent years then.

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

You mean, they are not Man City nor PSG, so suddenly a) FFP is a thing b) They may actually be in hot water for this?

Besides, they supposedly overstated player's transfer values… That's relative as hell, for example we should be jailed for pretty much every incoming transfer in recent years then.

When the entire board quits on the same day, the writing is on the wall that they did not even try to cover their misgivings. Man City and PSG at least try to have some silly sponsor that does not exist.

When asked about RM

“Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, so who knows… maybe one day I can play there. I would like to, yes,” admitted Gvardiol when asked about the club’s apparently interested in his services.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/player-quotes/biggest-club-77m-world-cup-star-says-he-wants-to-sign-for-real-madrid-after-claims-Chelsea-could-bid/

Already talking about playing at us or ‘biggest club in the world’ Real Madrid, christ. 

Just let your football do the talking son - good talent clearly but not interested in all of these ‘oh maybe be nice to play here or play there’ comments. Especially for a young lad. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

I thought Zakaria's cameo tonight for Switzerland was very good. Came on when they were truly under pressure and he just managed to relieve a lot of that by acting as a screen in front of the defence and blocking a lot of space and opportunities which had previously been there in the middle of the pitch.

I'm still pretty baffled how he hasn't played more for us when we're currently crying out for a player of his profile in the centre of our midfield. 

We're being linked with someone like Bennacer for £40m and there's talk of Rice for £70m+, but I'd love to really find out just what we have with Zakaria this season first. With Juventus' issues and seemingly desperate to get him off their payroll anyway, I'd be looking at spinning the usual Italian trick back on them (reject the buy clause in the loan contract, and try to negotiate a cheaper deal). I'd be inclined to throw a £10m bid at them "take it or leave it" and see what happens. Although of course this is completely pointless if Potter just simply doesn't fancy him.

5 hours ago, Superblue said:

I thought Zakaria's cameo tonight for Switzerland was very good. Came on when they were truly under pressure and he just managed to relieve a lot of that by acting as a screen in front of the defence and blocking a lot of space and opportunities which had previously been there in the middle of the pitch.

I'm still pretty baffled how he hasn't played more for us when we're currently crying out for a player of his profile in the centre of our midfield. 

We're being linked with someone like Bennacer for £40m and there's talk of Rice for £70m+, but I'd love to really find out just what we have with Zakaria this season first. With Juventus' issues and seemingly desperate to get him off their payroll anyway, I'd be looking at spinning the usual Italian trick back on them (reject the buy clause in the loan contract, and try to negotiate a cheaper deal). I'd be inclined to throw a £10m bid at them "take it or leave it" and see what happens. Although of course this is completely pointless if Potter just simply doesn't fancy him.

I agree. His upside is potentially huge. He seems to be recovering quite well, long term.

11 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

When asked about RM

“Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, so who knows… maybe one day I can play there. I would like to, yes,” admitted Gvardiol when asked about the club’s apparently interested in his services.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/player-quotes/biggest-club-77m-world-cup-star-says-he-wants-to-sign-for-real-madrid-after-claims-Chelsea-could-bid/

This is not good, not at all.

Real are ageing out overall. Multiple huge retirements soon. Even a few of the ones I will list below are soon 30 or 31 (Rudiger, Cuntois, Alaba, Carvajal).

The will be buying massive new players.

Here are the only 30 (Alaba and Cuntois, not that 30 matters for a GK, and the soon rapidly in decline Carvajal, who simply must be replaced this summer or next IMHO) and unders ATM who are good to great on Real:

Thibaut Courtois   
Éder Militão 

David Alaba
Antonio Rüdiger   
Ferland Mendy (they are not satisfied)
Daniel Carvajal   (starting to age out now) 
Aurélien Tchouameni   
Federico Valverde    
Eduardo Camavinga    
Vinicius Junior    
Rodrygo  

Marco Asensio (meh and supposedly being sold) 

2, 3 years from now or so, only the 8 (counting Mendy and a GK) in bold will still be there and not at nearing or actually ageing out levels. Pretty crazy.

6 hours ago, Superblue said:

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I agree. His upside is potentially huge. He seems to be recovering quite well, long term.

Our favourite theory about GP not playing Zakaria because the club wants shot of him in January and therefore wanted to preserve the possibility of him going on a new loan after Christmas hasn't panned out, but I still feel there must be some non-football factors influencing the manager's decisions re Denis's. Hard to make sense of it otherwise.

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

This is not good, not at all.

Real are ageing out overall. Multiple huge retirements soon. Even a few of the ones I will list below are soon 30 or 31 (Rudiger, Cuntois, Alaba, Carvajal).

The will be buying massive new players.

Here are the only 30 (Alaba and Cuntois, not that 30 matters for a GK, and the soon rapidly in decline Carvajal, who simply must be replaced this summer or next IMHO) and unders ATM who are good to great on Real:

Thibaut Courtois   
Éder Militão 

David Alaba
Antonio Rüdiger   
Ferland Mendy (they are not satisfied)
Daniel Carvajal   (starting to age out now) 
Aurélien Tchouameni   
Federico Valverde    
Eduardo Camavinga    
Vinicius Junior    
Rodrygo  

Marco Asensio (meh and supposedly being sold) 

2, 3 years from now or so, only the 8 (counting Mendy and a GK) in bold will still be there and not at nearing or actually ageing out levels. Pretty crazy.

Ture, but the gravity of Real is what it is and everybody has to work around it.

The implications of a medical having been carried out means that, rightly or wrongly, I believe the Nkunku deal is done and has been since summer. For less convincing reasons I am hopeful that Gvardiol may also have already been wrapped up. If so then, worst case scenario, we have him for a few seasons.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ture, but the gravity of Real is what it is and everybody has to work around it.

The implications of a medical having been carried out means that, rightly or wrongly, I believe the Nkunku deal is done and has been since summer. For less convincing reasons I am hopeful that Gvardiol may also have already been wrapped up. If so then, worst case scenario, we have him for a few seasons.