Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think we're going to bring in a LB at this point. Not if we spend big on Havertz and a keeper. If we do it won't be Chilwell. Maybe a cheap option like Gosens.

If you listen to the rumors Chelsea is basically buying an entirely new first XI! 

Havertz, new keeper, and maybe a CB. The likes of Rice and Chilwell will surely have to wait until next summer.

OH HELL NO to another season of a slowpoke LB as first choice or playing a RB at LB. I don’t care if it’s Chilwell (hoping it is just so one can enjoy the meltdown) or someone else but sign a better LB this summer!

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

OH HELL NO to another season of a slowpoke LB as first choice or playing a RB at LB. I don’t care if it’s Chilwell (hoping it is just so one can enjoy the meltdown) or someone else but sign a better LB this summer!

Ideally, yes. But how are we going to afford all this? Both Chilwell and Rice will cost Maguire money. Havertz is between 70-80m. Who knows how much a keeper is going to cost if it isn't Onana.

Unless we have a big time sale or multiple big sales I can't see it. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's Daily Mirror but...

He is way over priced and I wasn't sure about him, but he is pretty damn good coming forward. What we really need is a defensive coach to really build these player's defensive abilities.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

my 2 main complaints with Chilwell are simple

1. I REALLY rate Theo as the best remotely available left back on the planet

2. £80 (or even £60m) is madness for Chilwell

In terms of pure rating (money and situation/availability be damned), I DO rate Chilwell super high

in order

Davies
Alaba
Robertson
Theo Hernandez
Lucas Hernandez (if you play him as a LB again)
Chilwell (as Alex Sandro hits 30 in just 6 months, and fullbacks, like I have said a million times, almsot always go poof once they are above 30yo)
Alex Sandro (last year)
Jose Gaya
Telles
Digne
Ferland Mendy
Lodi
Gosens
Nicolás Tagliafico
Marcel Halstenberg

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I don't think we're going to bring in a LB at this point. Not if we spend big on Havertz and a keeper. If we do it won't be Chilwell. Maybe a cheap option like Gosens.

If you listen to the rumors Chelsea is basically buying an entirely new first XI! 

Havertz, new keeper, and maybe a CB. The likes of Rice and Chilwell will surely have to wait until next summer.

Tagliafico or Telles are both very affordable and better than Chilwell.

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

You can add Gosens and possibly Gaya (owing to Valencia's problems) to that list as well.

Isnt Gosens more of a wingback though? Im not too sure about Gaya. In that case we might consider Grimaldo or Theo too. Bottom line is our fullbacks suck for years now. Azpi is good defender and makes some sweet crosses but its clear he is not technical fb with good offensive qualities. Its final time to upgrade that area. There are so many options and if we put all our eggs in attack, I reckon it will be a frustrating season. We might have many high scoring games, but also plenty goals received. And there are teams that will shut us down thanks to the shit defence we have. That said LB wont fix defensive issues, A good GK and CB will.

23 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Isnt Gosens more of a wingback though? Im not too sure about Gaya. In that case we might consider Grimaldo or Theo too. Bottom line is our fullbacks suck for years now. Azpi is good defender and makes some sweet crosses but its clear he is not technical fb with good offensive qualities. Its final time to upgrade that area. There are so many options and if we put all our eggs in attack, I reckon it will be a frustrating season. We might have many high scoring games, but also plenty goals received. And there are teams that will shut us down thanks to the shit defence we have. That said LB wont fix defensive issues, A good GK and CB will.

Yeah, he is. However, I would take him at £27m over Chilwell. I honestly do not want to see us blow crazy money on him. If Chilwell can be had for the same price as the others' (£25-£30m) then fine, but anything above and just buy one of them instead as he isn't any better. 

As for the FB's. I am ok with the Dave/James tandem at RB. I would probably even go as far to say of all 11 starting positions, RB is bottom of the pile of concerns. For me, Dave is good enough where you will have less than 65% of the ball and James can be the attacking option for the high possession games/when we need a goal. 

Nothing against Chilwell, I actually think he is a decent full back, but nowhere even close to the rumoured amounts. If Leicester still ask for silly (and absurd) money then move on to cheaper and maybe better targets. Anything over 45M for Chilwell is already too much.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Ideally, yes. But how are we going to afford all this? Both Chilwell and Rice will cost Maguire money. Havertz is between 70-80m. Who knows how much a keeper is going to cost if it isn't Onana.

Unless we have a big time sale or multiple big sales I can't see it. 

Don't see that as an issue.

Ins -

Werner - 53m €

Ziyech - 40m €

Kai - 80m €

Chillwell - 70m €

Rice - 80m €

Onana - 30m€

Total - 350/360m€

Outs-

Morata - 57m€

Pasalic - 15m€

Nathan - 3m€

Bakayoko - 25m€

Emerson - 20m€

Jorginho - 40m€

Barkley - 30m€

Zappacosta - 10m€

Moses - 10m€

Rudiger/zouma - 40m€

Miazga, baker, brown, Blackman, kenedy, Drinkwater etc - 30m€

Total - 280m€

So that's still just a 70/80m€ outlay. We have to sell most of our loan army. Only 6 loanees over 22 out of which 1 is piazon until the end of next season. So we don't have much leeway. 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/7/28/21345738/nathan-ake-could-be-available-for-half-price-in-bournemouth-relegation-fire-sale-report

25m for Ake is a no-brainer. An upgrade on any of our current crop of CBs. A good 2nd/3rd choice LB and 3rd choice DM. Should be looking to get this done. 

4 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Max Eberl has reiterated multiple times that he can guarantee no player will be leaving Gladbach this window. The only way would be next year, in case he doesnt sign a new contract. 

But Ginter's contract expires next year?

A good offer could tempt Gladbach apparently. 

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2020/chelsea-atletico-inter-show-concrete-interest-in-matthias-ginter/

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

But Ginter's contract expires next year?

A good offer could tempt Gladbach apparently. 

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2020/chelsea-atletico-inter-show-concrete-interest-in-matthias-ginter/

Gladbach have an option for a further year. So basically 2022.