Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

33 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Why cant we go for Alex Grimaldo...

overrated, small (really small, 1.71m, SEVENTEEN cm shorter than Alonso, 13 cms shorter than Theo and Gosens), poor defensively, zero Big 5 experience

plus he is injured for the last 2 months

6 CL games, zero goals, zero assists

2 EL games 1 assist

none of his assists came against quality teams, other than 1 against Shakhtar (when Benfica crashed out of the EL)

half of his assists came in 2 games, against the 2nd from the bottom (and relegated) Portimonense and then the turgid Boavista, back in 2019

his last goal was almost a full year ago

hard pass again 

I have no clue why we keep getting linked to these short, middling, Spanish fullbacks

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

overrated, small (really small, 1.71m, SEVENTEEN cm shorter than Alonso, 13 cms shorter than Theo and Gosens), poor defensively, zero Big 5 experience

plus he is injured for the last 2 months

6 CL games, zero goals, zero assists

2 EL games 1 assist

none of his assists came against quality teams, other than 1 against Shakhtar (when Benfica crashed out of the EL)

half of his assists came in 2 games, against the 2nd from the bottom (and relegated) Portimonense and then the turgid Boavista, back in 2019

his last goal was almost a full year ago

hard pass again 

I have no clue why we keep getting linked to these short, middling, Spanish fullbacks

Them let Lampard go all out for my first choice left back lord Theo Hernadez...

1 minute ago, Alabama said:

Them let Lampard go all out for my first choice left back lord Theo Hernadez...

NOW you are talking!

has been my number one now for a good while

the only LB's I would rate over him are Alphonso Davies, Alaba (who doesn't even want to play fullback anymore), Robertson, and Theo's brother Lucas (who also is now a CB, lol and whom I would play at CB if I had both brothers)

FUCKING BAYERN and fullbacks (Kimmich, who also doesn't even play at RB anymore, and is probably the best or at least 2nd best DMF on the planet), plus Pavard, who also plays CB on occasion)

Theo is big, strong, pacy, decent on both ends, young, massive upside

I would take him over Chilwell all day long (even if they were the same price, as in £40-45m)

Chilwell for £80m can fuck off, that is madness

the last player (yes, I know, we did get Kante from them) we bought from Leicester was bloody Drinkwater

call it a day dealing with them

our luck was all used up with Kante

lol

candidate for shit article of the day

Man United sealing Jadon Sancho transfer could see Chelsea miss out on £41m-rated attacker

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/07/26/man-utd-signing-sancho-could-see-chelsea-target-ikone-join-dortmund/

Manchester United sealing the transfer of Jadon Sancho could have the bonus of dealing a blow to Chelsea’s plans as well, according to reports.

The Red Devils continue to be linked with Sancho by the Times, and they claim Dortmund are looking at Lille forward Jonathan Ikone in a potential £41million deal to replace Sancho.

lolol

as if we would drop over 40m quid on Ikone , who has just 3 goals as an AMF in over 2000 minutes of shit Ligue 1 footie (and only 3 in almost 3000 minutes last year)

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

NOW you are talking!

has been my number one now for a good while

the only LB's I would rate over him are Alphonso Davies, Alaba (who doesn't even want to play fullback anymore), Robertson, and Theo's brother Lucas (who also is now a CB, lol and whom I would play at CB if I had both brothers)

FUCKING BAYERN and fullbacks (Kimmich, who also doesn't even play at RB anymore, and is probably the best or at least 2nd best DMF on the planet), plus Pavard, who also plays CB on occasion)

Theo is big, strong, pacy, decent on both ends, young, massive upside

I would take him over Chilwell all day long (even if they were the same price, as in £40-45m)

Chilwell for £80m can fuck off, that is madness

the last player (yes, I know, we did get Kante from them) we bought from Leicester was bloody Drinkwater

call it a day dealing with them

our luck was all used up with Kante

Honestly Theo under the right manager and management will sooner become a beast and one of the best left back in the world already on his way to...last rumour I saw we enquire about him and AC quoted 45m which will be a steal compared to Ben...

1 minute ago, Alabama said:

Honestly Theo under the right manager and management will sooner become a beast and one of the best left back in the world already on his way to...last rumour I saw we enquire about him and AC quoted 45m which will be a steal compared to Ben...

he is 2cms taller than Lucas too, so I wonder IF he might be a conversion possibility for CB as well

that would solve the hell out of our left footed CM yearnings

there just are so so few great left footed CB's who are actually available

not sold on Alaba as an EPL CB due to size (he is only 1.80m and not the biggest of lads, although he surely is better than what we have now for many types of games)

it is basically Romagnoli than a massive drop after him and Alaba

Evan N'Dicka    left-footed (probably the choice after those two above or a Theo conversion, but a bit of a dice role)
Pau Torres        left-footed (still not 100% convinced, and I am Spanish player jittery atm)
Dan-Axel Zagadou   left-footed (1.96m beast, but not sure on his pace)
Gabriel Magalhães     left-footed (the more I watched, the less I liked, lack of pace worries me)

Malang Sarr (is a free agent, only 21yo but has a 4 year starter for Nice already)  left-footed (only 1.82m though)

Ake (even shorter, 1.79m-1.80m)

and the 2 19yo's at Monaco

Strahinja Pavlovic (19yo beast, 1.94m, left footed)  
Benoît Badiashile (another 19yo left footer at Monaco, 1.92m)

Salisu was just purchased by Southampton

so thats it in terms of any quality out there who is actually available

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is 2cms taller than Lucas too, so I wonder IF he might be a conversion possibility for CB as well

that would solve the hell out of our left footed CM yearnings

there just are so so few great left footed CB's who are actually available

not sold on Alaba as an EPL CB due to size (he is only 1.80m and not the biggest of lads, although he surely is better than what we have now for many types of games)

it is basically Romagnoli than a massive drop after him and Alaba

Evan N'Dicka    left-footed (probably the choice after those two above or a Theo conversion, but a bit of a dice role)
Pau Torres        left-footed (still not 100% convinced, and I am Spanish player jittery atm)
Dan-Axel Zagadou   left-footed (1.96m beast, but not sure on his pace)
Gabriel Magalhães     left-footed (the more I watched, the less I liked, lack of pace worries me)

Malang Sarr (is a free agent, only 21yo but has a 4 year starter for Nice already)  left-footed (only 1.82m though)

Ake (even shorter, 1.79m-1.80m)

and the 2 19yo's at Monaco

Strahinja Pavlovic (19yo beast, 1.94m, left footed)  
Benoît Badiashile (another 19yo left footer at Monaco, 1.92m)

Salisu was just purchased by Southampton

so thats it in terms of any quality out there who is actually available

Yeah that's why Theo makes the most sense as other options after Rogmanoli which might not be interested in the move is a huge drop off for me...

14 hours ago, Alabama said:

Yeah that's why Theo makes the most sense as other options after Rogmanoli which might not be interested in the move is a huge drop off for me...

plus this is the last year for Alaba on my lists at all

He turns 29 right after the coming season ends

makes zero sense to buy a player (unless it is a GKer) who we only get one sub 30yo season out of

its why Koulibaly and Alex Sandro are off

and next year a shedload of other will be (1992 was just a loaded year for football players)

hell, I myself turn 30 in a little over 28 months, eeek

Rummenigge criticizes David Alaba’s agents over salary demands

Bayern Munich’s CEO delivered a thinly veiled commentary about the salary demands Pini Zahavi is making on behalf of his client David Alaba.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/7/24/21336717/karl-heinz-rummenigge-bayern-munich-criticize-david-alaba-agent-pini-zahavi-contract-extension

After the comments Karl-Heinz Rummenigge made at Leroy Sané’s official presentation, the proverbial ball is in David Alaba’s court. The Bayern Munich CEO indicated with unusual candor that Bayern has “put its cards on the table”: Alaba seemingly can take it or leave it.

Rummenigge said (SPORT1), “It’s nice that he can imagine staying in Munich. His agent told Hasan that.” But it still comes down to money, Rummenigge continued:

“It’s no secret that contract negotiations, as always, are about finances. We have laid our cards openly on the table. Now it’s up to his agent, his father, who is also involved in the talks, and at the end of the chain David himself whether he would like to spent the next few years at this club, where he has played successfully for twelve years.”

Rummenigge delivered a thinly veiled commentary on Zahavi’s efforts: “Concerning salaries at the elite level, this or that agent still seems to be of the opinion that the sun is still shining brightly on the world outside despite the coronavirus. That is not the case. But perhaps at the end of the day there will still be an opportunity to reach a compromise.”

BFW Analysis

Zahavi and George Alaba must be playing hardball to warrant such a firm and public critique from Rummenigge. Rummenigge gives the impression that Bayern will not improve whatever terms the club has already offered. That is presumably less than the €20 million or more that Alaba is supposedly demanding through his agents.

A salary on that scale would put him virtually on par with the highest-paid players at Bayern Munich: Robert Lewandowski, Manuel Neuer, and Thomas Müller. Alaba certainly will get a raise, but Bayern apparently will not be bullied into more.

snip

and off he goes from any of my lists, lolololol

£351K PW is madness

Summary:

• Deal is getting closer and closer, Chelsea is No. 1 in the race

• Playing Champions League is important to Havertz, but not necessarily a deal-breaker

• Chelsea will have to get clever with payments if they miss CL

• There is an agreement between Havertz and Chelsea

• “I’m really sure it will happen” with one question mark being Champions League

• Rudiger “flirts” a lot with Havertz 

• Real was trying to make a swap deal, Leverkusen didn’t want that

• Havertz likes the idea of playing in Chelsea’s team: Kante providing defensive support and Frank allowing him to express himself on the right

• Marina is playing a big part in the deal

• Long story short: UCL or not, if Chelsea pay what Leverkusen are asking, the deal will get done

• Expect things to move rapidly after Sunday, since Chelsea will have a clearer picture of their finances

• Even if Chelsea miss CL, Havertz sees the bright future and many CL seasons are ahead. Werner signing also helps him

• Lampard has told Werner that he will play as a Striker and not on the LW

• Marina was the one who stopped Giroud leaving in the winter as she was really close to his wife

• Zakaria is on the shortlist of Chelsea

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Bakayoko and Emerson for Theo swap. Fair deal.