Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

It says we need to sell defenders. Easy, sell Zouma and Andreas. We need to get rid of those 2 and keep Rudgier and Tomori. Get new CB in. 

But how much he would cost? 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think with big money moves for Havertz and possibly Rice. Btw Gimenez is not cheap either we can now for sure say that we will get some cheap LB option. Tagliafico, Telles or Gosens...

Telles or Grimaldo please..

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It says we need to sell defenders. Easy, sell Zouma and Andreas. We need to get rid of those 2 and keep Rudgier and Tomori. Get new CB in. 

His release clause is over 100m...

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Why would we keep our worst CB of the season while selling our best? 

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Oblak and now Giminez. These are of course names you love seeing the club looking at but both are basically impossible.

I do think AM have to sell a player. We are probably in a position where we can leverage them owing to the Morata money. Tbh, I cannot see Oblak unless they have completely lost the plot and agree to no paying up for Morata plus Kepa (not going to happen.) After that, I reckon Gimenez or Partey are possible. 

I think we all agree that we cannot fix all weaknesses in our squad in just one transfer window.

And this is perfectly fine. Every team has them and if you have 8 or 9 top players in starting 11 they can cover for those 2 or 3 who are not at required level. Basically you can hide your weak links.

For example, when City won the league in 17/18 season with 100 points they had Delph or Zinchenko as LB. Otamendi and Stones were also regular at CB. This is not better from what we have now at CB and LB positions.

So after Havertz we will have limited transfer budget but in ideal world we need GK, 2 CBs, LB and DM. We will not get them all. Oblak, Gimenez, Chilwell or Alaba and Rice. Not happening.

So our board and Frank need to decide what would be smartest move in this situation.

I think top CB is essential. Market is not perfect this summer for CBs but I think we should pay for Gimenez even if this means not getting Rice this summer (leave that for next year).

I like Rice but not sure he can transform our defense right away and not even sure of him as CB. For DM we still have many great options. I mean Kante-Kovacic in 4-2-3-1 is not that bad, right?

They do not offer much offensively but they dont have to when you have Kai, Puli, Timo and Hakim ahead.

Looks like LB will be cheaper option like Tagliafico, Gosens or Telles and this is also fine.

New GK is must at this point because of the state of Kepa. We do not have money for Oblak so we need to be creative here. Let Cech decide.

So with new top GK and Gimenez our weak link would be second CB (at times) but than again Rudi or Zouma may look much more solid along top CB like Gimenez and maybe full backs? But lets see who we buy for LB and how James do next season.

Again, spending fortune on Rice will fuck us in terms of getting top CB and GK so leave that for next year.

And even if Kepa next season is the one we saw in his first season here it would be fine if he is that weak link if we fix back 4 and DM.

15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do think AM have to sell a player. We are probably in a position where we can leverage them owing to the Morata money. Tbh, I cannot see Oblak unless they have completely lost the plot and agree to no paying up for Morata plus Kepa (not going to happen.) After that, I reckon Gimenez or Partey are possible. 

They all have release clauses. Oblak and Gimenez 120m euros. And Thomas around 50m but he is close to renewal.

So if it is true that AM has to sell I think we can get in situation where we can get Gimenez or Oblak for like 30% cheaper price.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They all have release clauses. Oblak and Gimenez 120m euros. And Thomas around 50m but he is close to renewal.

So if it is true that AM has to sell I think we can get in situation where we can get Gimenez or Oblak for like 30% cheaper price.

To be honest, I do not think we will buy a player from AM this year but rather that I think AM need to raise a bit if cash and Gimenez or Partey could be one of the ones that may possibly leave. I really rate Partey but I reckon the club have their sights on Rice.

29 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think we all agree that we cannot fix all weaknesses in our squad in just one transfer window.

And this is perfectly fine. Every team has them and if you have 8 or 9 top players in starting 11 they can cover for those 2 or 3 who are not at required level. Basically you can hide your weak links.

For example, when City won the league in 17/18 season with 100 points they had Delph or Zinchenko as LB. Otamendi and Stones were also regular at CB. This is not better from what we have now at CB and LB positions.

So after Havertz we will have limited transfer budget but in ideal world we need GK, 2 CBs, LB and DM. We will not get them all. Oblak, Gimenez, Chilwell or Alaba and Rice. Not happening.

So our board and Frank need to decide what would be smartest move in this situation.

I think top CB is essential. Market is not perfect this summer for CBs but I think we should pay for Gimenez even if this means not getting Rice this summer (leave that for next year).

I like Rice but not sure he can transform our defense right away and not even sure of him as CB. For DM we still have many great options. I mean Kante-Kovacic in 4-2-3-1 is not that bad, right?

They do not offer much offensively but they dont have to when you have Kai, Puli, Timo and Hakim ahead.

Looks like LB will be cheaper option like Tagliafico, Gosens or Telles and this is also fine.

New GK is must at this point because of the state of Kepa. We do not have money for Oblak so we need to be creative here. Let Cech decide.

So with new top GK and Gimenez our weak link would be second CB (at times) but than again Rudi or Zouma may look much more solid along top CB like Gimenez and maybe full backs? But lets see who we buy for LB and how James do next season.

Again, spending fortune on Rice will fuck us in terms of getting top CB and GK so leave that for next year.

And even if Kepa next season is the one we saw in his first season here it would be fine if he is that weak link if we fix back 4 and DM.

I agree completely. I think after Harvetz, it is going to be highly likely we are going to need to sell before we can buy again. 

Personally at GK we just need someone competent atm and it will be a massive upgrade. So, in that position we do not need to be spending crazy sums on Oblak (unless we can get some sort of crazy deal.) At this point, I would just be happy with a Ben Foster on a free if Watford get relegated, even though he isn't amazing. 

At LB, there are enough going at sub-£30m to make you think we can get something done. Telles, Gosens or even Tags (who I am not that sold on) are an improvement on Emerson. 

CB is going to be the tricky area. Not many about and a lot super over priced or questionable. Club are going to have to take a risk here i.e. Rice and hope he converts/Gimenez and hope he stays fit/P.Toress and hope he kicks on and adapts to the league/KK and hope he doesn't fall off a cliff in his early 30's/Dunk and hope he can step up to the pressure of a top 4 club/Vertongen on a free and hope he covers for a year. 

As for DMF, I think this is where Rice will actually be played if he signs. This in my opinion only happens if we sell one of Kante/Jorgi and get a minimum of £40m for Jorgi and £70m for Kante and a cheaper CB is brought.

As a result, I think GK can be solved with a free transfer/small fee (£10m'ish), LB can be solved under £30m. After that it is CB which will be anywhere from free-£80m, pick you poison. 

That means we have to raise between £30-£120m depending on what you want to do. The bottom end is very possible, the top end a stretch.

Rice, if he is to go in as a DMF, is virtually impossible without Kante being sold imo. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I agree completely. I think after Harvetz, it is going to be highly likely we are going to need to sell before we can buy again. 

Personally at GK we just need someone competent atm and it will be a massive upgrade. So, in that position we do not need to be spending crazy sums on Oblak (unless we can get some sort of crazy deal.) At this point, I would just be happy with a Ben Foster on a free if Watford get relegated, even though he isn't amazing. 

At LB, there are enough going at sub-£30m to make you think we can get something done. Telles, Gosens or even Tags (who I am not that sold on) are an improvement on Emerson. 

CB is going to be the tricky area. Not many about and a lot super over priced or questionable. Club are going to have to take a risk here i.e. Rice and hope he converts/Gimenez and hope he stays fit/P.Toress and hope he kicks on and adapts to the league/KK and hope he doesn't fall off a cliff in his early 30's/Dunk and hope he can step up to the pressure of a top 4 club/Vertongen on a free and hope he covers for a year. 

As for DMF, I think this is where Rice will actually be played if he signs. This in my opinion only happens if we sell one of Kante/Jorgi and get a minimum of £40m for Jorgi and £70m for Kante and a cheaper CB is brought.

As a result, I think GK can be solved with a free transfer/small fee (£10m'ish), LB can be solved under £30m. After that it is CB which will be anywhere from free-£80m, pick you poison. 

That means we have to raise between £30-£120m depending on what you want to do. The bottom end is very possible, the top end a stretch.

Rice, if he is to go in as a DMF, is virtually impossible without Kante being sold imo. 

After havertz if we have a budget of 120mn

This should be the purchase -

Gk - Rajkovic - 20mn

Cb - giminez - 75mn (Fair price in current environment)

Lb - Alex telles - 25mn

We get rice only if we sell jorginho