Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

In a more realistic market its probably a correct price. Who would have thought United not wanting to overpay for someone? Plus they must be looking at Maguire and going 80m.... not making that mistake again.

To be fair, Maguire for £80m looks like the bargain of the century compared to £72m for the funsized GK with T-rex arms. 

Just now, whats happening said:

since valencia is selling everybody, whats the deal with cillessen? is he still any good?

There was talk and rumours of a three way keeper triangle going on....Onana to Chelsea, Kepa to Valencia and Cillisen to Ajax.

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

There was talk and rumours of a three way keeper triangle going on....Onana to Chelsea, Kepa to Valencia and Cillisen to Ajax.

Cillisen is the best of the three GK's so hopefully if this is true it would just be Cillisen here. Onana's handling is fairly poor, he saves stuff but he always pushed it back into really dangerous areas. Plus you have to lose him once every two years for the ACoN's. That isn't going to work of he is GK1. 

52 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Plus you have to lose him once every two years for the ACoN's. That isn't going to work of he is GK1. 

Like mentioned before, that's only going to be a problem in 2022. After that all further versions of AFCON (2023, 2025, 2027) are scheduled for June-July of their respective years.

Depending on price, Onana could be a good shout. Not seen enough of him to say whether I rate him or not but he can't be worse than Kepa. If he cost something like 25-30m€ it's not the end of the world if he isn't a huge success because a player of that value can easily be moved on with very little loss of investment if it doesn't work out. Kepa on the other hand seems impossible to move on.

47 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Cillisen is the best of the three GK's so hopefully if this is true it would just be Cillisen here. Onana's handling is fairly poor, he saves stuff but he always pushed it back into really dangerous areas. Plus you have to lose him once every two years for the ACoN's. That isn't going to work of he is GK1. 

I am surprised that we have gone to ATM for a oblak swap, rumors of going to barca for a ter stegen swap, but nothing on cillisen swap. I know we lose a lot, but seriously feel its worth it. Cillesen will have no re-sale value, market value will be far lesser than kepa (with him being 31), but think it would suit us for short term.

Most of the signings we have done is based on long term thinking, maybe we need to take a step back in this.

2 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I am surprised that we have gone to ATM for a oblak swap, rumors of going to barca for a ter stegen swap, but nothing on cillisen swap. I know we lose a lot, but seriously feel its worth it. Cillesen will have no re-sale value, market value will be far lesser than kepa (with him being 31), but think it would suit us for short term.

Most of the signings we have done is based on long term thinking, maybe we need to take a step back in this.

At this moment in time, I would take a Ben Foster over Kepa, so yeah, any GK will do.