Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Please just do not get Chilwell...

Telles is someone that does not get linked anymore with Chelsea. I only see him linked with PSG

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

CHILWELL! CHILWELL! CHILWELL!

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Please just do not get Chilwell...

Telles is someone that does not get linked anymore with Chelsea. I only see him linked with PSG

Kurzawa has signed a new deal, not much chance they sign another good quality LB

Kurzawa has signed a new deal, not much chance they sign another good quality LB
I thought Kurzawa was a bad player and, that is why PSG want a new LB.
I just hope we go for Telles and if not, go for Digne or Tagliafico.

We could be hearing something regarding Telles' future pretty soon. Porto managed to confirm their league title on Wednesday this week and there's just two round left to play so now that everything is settled they might begin negotiations for a move.

Like mentioned above, PSG extended Kurzawa by four more years so maybe they're out of the race. If they went after another LB, they would have to shift Bernat somewhere and I haven't seen any rumors on that. Kurzawa and Bernat are both bad players (worse than Alonso/Emerson imo) but perhaps PSG can't afford to spend on a new full-back with coronavirus probably affecting their FFP status.

Let's just hope Inter and Juve stay out of the race for Telles because then they won't go for our deadwoods. :lol: 

Defense wins you titles!

City scored 16 goals more than Liverpool. Liverpool champion.

Barca scored 13 goals more than Real. Real champion.

Atalanta scored 23 goals more than Juventus. Juve champion (almost).

Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner is all great but if we want to win things we need to fix defense.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Defense wins you titles!

City scored 16 goals more than Liverpool. Liverpool champion.

Barca scored 13 goals more than Real. Real champion.

Atalanta scored 23 goals more than Juventus. Juve champion (almost).

Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner is all great but if we want to win things we need to fix defense.

One thing at a time. The squad won't be ready for a serious title push next season anyway so I'd much rather watch the team play exciting football and score lots of goals while still comfortably getting top4 than another season of the same inefficient shit attack play and scrape top4 through a more solid defense.

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

One thing at a time. The squad won't be ready for a serious title push next season anyway so I'd much rather watch the team play exciting football and score lots of goals while still comfortably getting top4 than another season of the same inefficient shit attack play and scrape top4 through a more solid defense.

I think we need to tread carefully with this whole 'we're not ready for a serious title push yet' thing. Sure, asking this lot to win it next season is a lot but we do need to show the progression, close the gap on the top two, even challenge Man City and/or Liverpool for 2/3 of the season for the time being. We wouldn't want to be just hovering outside those two and just be satisfied with the Top 4 because the longer we take to get there, the higher chances of players becoming disillusioned - a bit like Arsenal in the early 2010s or Spurs in recent years - and then players wanting to leave etc. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think we need to tread carefully with this whole 'we're not ready for a serious title push yet' thing. Sure, asking this lot to win it next season is a lot but we do need to show the progression, close the gap on the top two, even challenge Man City and/or Liverpool for 2/3 of the season for the time being. We wouldn't want to be just hovering outside those two and just be satisfied with the Top 4 because the longer we take to get there, the higher chances of players becoming disillusioned - a bit like Arsenal in the early 2010s or Spurs in recent years - and then players wanting to leave etc. 

Yeah, I totally agree.

But next season is still a big part of the squad rebuild that began last summer with the youth. By the looks of things there will be at least 4 new signings for the coming season, possibly even more, so it takes time for new players to fully settle and many of the current young players are still in a critical phase of their development too. 

The way I see it, Liverpool's trajectory under Klopp is the way to go. Right now we're roughly at the same position where they were when Klopp took over (inheriting a squad with no signings of his own, performances varying from promising to really shit) and our next season could be comparable to Liverpool's 2016/17 too when they finished at 76 pts playing exciting football with a bad defense and GK hindering their chances of mounting a title challenge. Then after adding the final missing pieces with Alisson+VVD look at where they are now. 

So for next season I'd be happy with just a comfortable top4 finish (~75-80pts) which would already be a huge improvement over this season and then in the 21/22 it's time for a title push. Serious questions will have to be asked if the team still isn't capable of challenging for the league title in 2022.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have far too many problems atm to think about a title push in the next two seasons. At the moment, we have the following problems: 

1) A GK that lets in nearly 50% of shots on goal in.

2) Four CB's that show no leadership qualities and all have individual weaknesses that the opposition know and exploit. 

3) An attack that creates lots of chances but has really poor conversion rate (this may already been remedied but we still have to wait and see.) 

4) A midfield that is pretty lightweight and gets overpowered and even out ran at times. 

5) One LB that downed tools and another who, whilst great getting forward, is very slow to recover. 

For me, to expect to solve all those issues in one year is asking too much. Next year the expectation should just be CL qualification and anything else is a bonus. That would still be progress as surely this year would've been Ropey League qualification and a cup would be a bonus. 

We do need to close the gap and I agree that defence will win titles, but it's the attack that we have struggled with this season. We've dropped points against Bournemouth, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham (x2) and Brighton this season despite dominating. If we put the ball in the back of the net more then teams won't get that hope that leads to us losing/drawing. Those 17 points alone would take us above Manchester City with an 80 point total and none of those are games we didn't deserve to win.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

I like Aké and I'd happily take take him as rotational CB instead of Christensen if he was available at a cut-price following Bournemouth's potential relegation but I'm not so convinced he's what the team needs.

There are already enough decent options at CB but what we severely need is some leadership at the back, someone who is vocal enough and takes charge of organizing the whole defence. None of Rüdiger, Zouma, Christensen, Tomori or even Aké are like that and I'm pretty sure they never will be either. This season they've looked pretty bad but playing next to a class CB who leads the line properly I'd like to think their performances would go up to a different level.

Well said and put. 

But the problem is who is available (even for the right money). 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

We could be hearing something regarding Telles' future pretty soon. Porto managed to confirm their league title on Wednesday this week and there's just two round left to play so now that everything is settled they might begin negotiations for a move.

Like mentioned above, PSG extended Kurzawa by four more years so maybe they're out of the race. If they went after another LB, they would have to shift Bernat somewhere and I haven't seen any rumors on that. Kurzawa and Bernat are both bad players (worse than Alonso/Emerson imo) but perhaps PSG can't afford to spend on a new full-back with coronavirus probably affecting their FFP status.

Let's just hope Inter and Juve stay out of the race for Telles because then they won't go for our deadwoods. :lol: 

Hope we stay clear from him, good going forward but shit defensively.

4 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Well said and put. 

But the problem is who is available (even for the right money). 

That's the thing, there doesn't seem to be any obvious candidates who are available. Marina could try throwing money at Milan for Romagnoli or maybe Skriniar at Inter, but I'm not sure if either of those are realistic signings.

Rice has shown plenty of leadership qualities at West Ham already at 21yo but as a CB he's nowhere near the finished article. But at the right price he'd probably be my pick and then just hope he develops into a class CB quickly enough.