Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

52 minutes ago, Vesper said:

last season he had 30 goals, all comps

the bloke has averaged 25 goals a year for club and country for 13 straight seasons

he played almost every minute of this league season so far

25 major trophies (soon 26 or 27)

including

9a4a53aebac5a42f7eb5d01213941cb4.png

beast, so underrated

He was always under appreciated when Ronaldo was there but he has emerged as a key figurehead for them since he left and the last 2 seasons he has been doing what he does best. His general play has always been fantastic for me, like having a number 10 upfront, similar to Firmino at Liverpool. He was a big reason as to why Bale and Ronaldo worked so well with him during the years they were putting up insane numbers even if Benzema’s werent as high as they could have been. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well yeah but Jovic has only been there for one season. If Zidane was happy with him, he wouldn't be on the market. With James, Bale etc, that's understandable and obvious.

True but again, as we have seen with Ozil, James (loaned to Bayern), Di Maria, Morata. Madrid will sell/get rid of players if they feel the need to. Regardless of how good they are. Brahim Diaz is also a potential casualty for them this window but his career has stalled since going to Real. Jovic may have a better season next year at Madrid if he stays, it wouldnt surprise me but it also wouldnt surprise me if they offloaded him as he is a sellable asset to get someone else in. Leicester have been linked to Jovic in the last week or so.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I have no doubt that this will not happen 😂 He didnt want to come here 2 years ago and I don't see it now. He would be an unbelievable signing though but the chances of it happening are practically 0.

#Chelsea have agreed a deal for #Onana, he’s happy to join, £27m. There has been a ‘verbal agreement’ between both clubs.

He’s been assured his place in the starting lineup. Blue circle are trying to offload #Kepa before signing the #Ajax Goalkeeper. 

:rolleyes:

After Ziyech , Onana next Tagliafico  :D

#Chelsea have agreed a deal for #Onana, he’s happy to join, £27m. There has been a ‘verbal agreement’ between both clubs.
He’s been assured his place in the starting lineup. Blue circle are trying to offload #Kepa before signing the #Ajax Goalkeeper. 

:rolleyes:
Who said that?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

But some times the shenanigans that players do off the pitch can be telling about their mentality and in Jovic's case, he clearly hasn't done much to impress Zidane this season.

Maybe, think Zidane has his favourites though. Reckon benzema is definitely one of those. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Up to recently I wouldn't have given much thought to this and considered it unnecessary but the continued poor form of Kepa has highlighted just how important a top keeper is. I think a dominant keeper immediately makes us at least average defending set pieces because I think they would deal with 50% of the crosses we struggle to deal with. I think on top of that a confident, dominant keeper breeds confidence into the defence. We need to upgrade our defence there is no doubt, but I do think that Kepa is the lightning rod that brings everyone else down with him at the moment.

It would be a huge outlay, but if there was any way we could flip Kepa and something like £50-60m for Oblak i think we should do it. The keeper position needs to be sorted out and there's no reason why we shouldn't start with the best option possible and work from there. Oblak is the best option and possibly the closest thing to "sure fire" as possible. Who knows, perhaps some of the Lampard/Cech charm can work wonders again!

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I see the Onana links are popping up again. Something I hadn't considered until now is AFCON. Every team is used to coping without outfield players during that competition, but it would be pretty significant to be without your #1 keeper for an extended period.

Could inadvertently work out as it will give us incentive to find a proper quality number 2.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No way Oblak is coming, for me it's a weak and silly rumour. A swap for Kepa, since when do swaps happen now and not only that but Kepa is shite and they want AM to part with Oblak? Stupid rumour for me.

They took Morata from us. So, who knows...

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No way Oblak is coming, for me it's a weak and silly rumour. A swap for Kepa, since when do swaps happen now and not only that but Kepa is shite and they want AM to part with Oblak? Stupid rumour for me.

Atletico are reportedly one of the worst hit clubs from this crisis and could be in some real financial difficulty. So a multi million pound offer plus replacement for that position doesn't sound as crazy as it might in other times and situations. Have they paid the Morata money yet? It may be even more of a bargaining tool if they're struggling to fulfil that deal.

Despite our thoughts on Kepa, he's still well regarded in Spain and pushing De Gea for the number one shirt in the national team.

I would tend to agree that I think a deal would be extremely hard to pull off, and there's no guarantee that Oblak would want to come anyway (he rejected us once before). But if we are to replace Kepa, I think Oblak should be the first one to be considered and any potential deal investigated because he's the best option possible we could buy in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

They took Morata from us. So, who knows...

Simeone's striker recruitment is outrageously diabolical though whereas his defensive recruitment is generally top notch.

Maybe he feels he can transform Kepa the way he did Savic (who was woeful at City).

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Well, some of the transfer window experts have said there can be more swap deals in the coming window due to clubs not being in a position where they can spend a lot of money. We've already seen that happen with Arthur and Pjanic.

So we only need Atletico's board to be crazy enough to take Kepa at a decent value and Oblak himself willing to agree to a move that he specifically refused just two years ago, easy peasy. :lol: 

But can't really see it happening.