Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Think there's a distinct lack of outstanding cbs at the minute. He's a good player tho

True although I do think overtime, he wouldn’t be the sort of signing that the likes of a Skriniar or Koulibaly or someone in that mould would be.

It is true there is a lack of top top CBs throughout Europe and the ones that are top are either basically unattainable or aging out.

I do think Ake would be better than who we have in terms of how we play with the ball but in terms of pulling the defence together and tightening the ship, so to speak, I dont think he really has that mentality or level to make a considerable difference. 

30 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

We had Filipe Luis. But azpi was played over him

Ivanovic caused that for a reason that made sense to a degree until he started to decline rapidly and it is something we severely lack now: an effective aeriel presence which was useful for attacking and defensive set plays and a target for kickouts from the GK to get higher up the litchi when building from the back wasnt as effective or would take longer. Although I do feel we missed a trick not having Luis and Azpi as our starting fullbacks, as we did have plenty of height and physical presence in Cahill, Terry, Matic and Costa. 

According to David Ornstein:

• The club are monitoring Onana as doubts remain over Kepa
  • Onana sits high on the club's list
  • Onana will be available for around 30 million Euros
  • Asking price and Kepa's salary likely to be the biggest stumbling blocks to potential deals for him
  • There's been regular contact in recent months between the club and Onana's representatives
  • Onana understood to be attracted by the idea of playing for Lampard and playing in the Premier League
  • The club yet to decide Kepa's fate at the club - whether it's just a temporary loss of form or time to move him on
  • Lampard also understood to be an admirer of Dean Henderson

According to David Ornstein:
  • The club are monitoring Onana as doubts remain over Kepa
  • Onana sits high on the club's list
  • Onana will be available for around 30 million Euros
  • Asking price and Kepa's salary likely to be the biggest stumbling blocks to potential deals for him
  • There's been regular contact in recent months between the club and Onana's representatives
  • Onana understood to be attracted by the idea of playing for Lampard and playing in the Premier League
  • The club yet to decide Kepa's fate at the club - whether it's just a temporary loss of form or time to move him on
  • Lampard also understood to be an admirer of Dean Henderson
Onana is also a clumsy GK. Not 100% convinced yet

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Have to say, I kind of pre-judged Onana as being one of those crazy ass African keepers who can save the impoosible but messes up the basics. Watching his highlights he looks asif he can do the basics quite well... but I can't see how he handles corners neither can I find anything on Cakir in that department. For me, I am soo sick of seeing our GKs struggle to catch a ball from a set peice. Guess we were spoiled with Cech and Courtois.

Have to say, I kind of pre-judged Onana as being one of those crazy ass African keepers who can save the impoosible but messes up the basics. Watching his highlights he looks asif he can do the basics quite well... but I can't see how he handles corners neither can I find anything on Cakir in that department. For me, I am soo sick of seeing our GKs struggle to catch a ball from a set peice. Guess we were spoiled with Cech and Courtois.
Check out Rajkovic

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk