Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Yeah, SMS and Rice are totally different types of midfielders. Rice makes much more sense as a target for our current setup. SMS is awesome but just not what we need right now.

Yeah, SMS and Rice are totally different types of midfielders. Rice makes much more sense as a target for our current setup. SMS is awesome but just not what we need right now.
Question is what is Lampards long term plan. Does he want to play a system with a maestro in it or does he want a player like Kante or Rice.

But 70 mio. for Rice is too much.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lol, if true, that price is crazy.

Yeah, such a price tag should put any team off as that is far too high. Although, when I think of Chilwell for anything about £40m, maybe it isn't. 

However, the fly in the ointment for WHU will be that if we do go hard for him, I reckon Rice may put in a transfer request. It is quite clear from everything that has been said and his Chelsea supporting family that he is as close as a true supporter goes for a professional footballer. I mean, we know Sancho was a Chelsea fan as a kid but I am not sure he was one on the terraces like Rice. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Savic isn't a DM?

not at all, he very often is far forward, and is not pacy enough (IMHO) to play DMF in the traditional sense

he also tends to go into cruise control and drift out of games too often for my taste

he is a luxury player who I cannot see any scenario where it is worth dropping £80m to £100m on unless there was no FFP and Roman desired to build the worlds first 2 billion pound (market value) squad

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Question is what is Lampards long term plan. Does he want to play a system with a maestro in it or does he want a player like Kante or Rice.

But 70 mio. for Rice is too much.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

It is indeed a shit load of money, but he is a 21 year old English player who is basically the face of their team. He's always going to have a super premium placed on his head with those factors in mind.

If his development continues and he steadily improves (which it should) then you'd have to say he'd be worth it since he'd anchor our team for a decade. But I'd rather use the bulk of our remaining budget, whatever it may be, on Havertz.

12 minutes ago, DANILA said:

If we're going to spend that kind of money, I'd rather it go on a real natural CB than a DM/CB conversion experiment...

Agree, for 70m-80m you could get someone like Upamecano+Milenkovic instead only Rice.

1 hour ago, milka said:

Juventus are reportedly in talks with #Chelsea over an instalment offer for Jorginho, Adrien Rabiot or Aaron Ramsey could be part of the deal. #CFC Tuttosport

BS source. No way we accept any swaps.

Kante is the man to go not Jorgi.