Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

SMS is a very good player and he is one I have touted a few times. However, there are a few draw backs and I think if he was brought it would require quite a lot of shuffling in CM. 
Firstly, the good. SMS is quite technical and has two very good feet. This allows him to shift the ball quickly and he can pass/shoot with both fairly easily. Further, he is a pretty big unit and is good at defending set pieces and can intercept fairly well, while he can do the miles. 
Now for the bad. He is slow, and when I say slow I am talking Alonso level slow. Now this isn't as big an issue for a CM as it is for a LB but I am not sure people around here would be happy with it. Second is that he has the habit of allowing some games to pass him by, this has not been am issue so much this season, apart from the odd game, but last season it happened a lot. 
For me, he has a lot of characteristics that we need from a No.6, however I wouldn't say he is prefect as he isn't going to go beast mode like a Essien or Yaya. Further, to accommodate him I would say we would need to sell Kante and Barkley, while I would also question if we could then afford a another big name player such as Harvetz. 
For me, to accommodate him it would require a lot of movement of players; unless Roman really is partying like it is 2004. 
For instance, this is one of the only ways I see it working: 
No4 - Jorgi, Gilmour 
No6 - SMS, Kova 
No8 - Mount, RLC 
However, even then, I personally think Mount is developing into a No.6 rather than a No.8, so even if we buy SMS we may quickly find we are stacked at No.6 and lacking at No.8. 
So you think that Savic has the potential to play the Jorgi role?

How much do you think he costs?

What do you think about

--------Savic
Havertz-RLC

That would have height, physicality, speed and crazy technique. Havertz is one of the fastest players in Bundesliga, Ruben is fast too and has the size and Savic has the size and technique. This is just fantasy football by the way

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What do you think about

--------Savic
Havertz-RLC

That would have height, physicality, speed and crazy technique. Havertz is one of the fastest players in Bundesliga, Ruben is fast too and has the size and Savic has the size and technique. This is just fantasy football by the way

LOL three midfielders around 190cm, are you crazy? :lol:

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is bye, bye... Wonder where is Alaba going? 

Also we are already obsessed with transfer news but in reality market is open for three more months.

Enough time to sell the dead weight to make up the funds for Havertz

53 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What do you think about

--------Savic
Havertz-RLC

I am not sure on him as a No.4 as I do not think he has the positional discipline and I would also worry he wouldn't recycle the ball quickly enough. 

28 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Rice as CB?

and DMF,

he can play either

he is a class player

absolutely sold on him

and we all know I am not a huge English player fangirl

I have been saying to buy him long before this new round of rumours

he is big, fast, a far better passer and on the ball player than many give him credit for

and I see leadership skills in him, he is the vice captain at only 21

he has Chels written all over him (and already was Chels at one time, we stupidly released him at 14)

the only English players I would rate over him are

Raheem Sterling  
Jadon Sancho    
Trent Alexander-Arnold     
Marcus Rashford    

maybe
James Maddison, but not Chilwell

I hate Kane, lolol so it is tough for me to say him, especially as he is in real bad patch (Kane is one of those like Messi, CR7, and Neymar that I just do not list in my ratings, unless it is simply a pure talent list, as they all will never play here)

Harry Maguire atm, yes as well, but long term (Maguire turns 28 this coming season) no, probably not (not that I would turn down Maguire on the team, but that will never, ever, ever happen) I can see Maguire and Rice as Englands starting CB's in the World Cup, IF Rice fully transitions to CB, as Rices only real competition then will probably be Joe Gomez (Stones is weak and regressing IMHO)

wild card atm would be an even younger player, Jude Bellingham, but we will not know for years with him (he only just turned 17yo 9 days ago)

and then potentially Greenwood and Foden (need to see them both for another year or 2) In five years Greenwood and Sancho should be England's two best wingers by far (Sterling will be 30, 31yo by then)

I guess I could add in Mount and CHO and Reece and maybe RLC on potential too, hopefully they all explode, but other than Mount none are really on the path yet

This talk of loaning Fikayo would be justified if we had three quality centre back options. 

Surely one of Zouma, Christensen or even Rudi has to go. Hope this isn't a case of trying to accommodate players. Need to be cold and ruthless with decisions, aim for a fresh squad next season.

If the thinking goes back to accomodating the CBs, Barkley and Alonso etc etc the squad will not improve

30 minutes ago, Strike said:

This talk of loaning Fikayo would be justified if we had three quality centre back options. 

Surely one of Zouma, Christensen or even Rudi has to go. Hope this isn't a case of trying to accommodate players. Need to be cold and ruthless with decisions, aim for a fresh squad next season.

If the thinking goes back to accomodating the CBs, Barkley and Alonso etc etc the squad will not improve

Surely Frank understands that he has to be ruthless with the back 4 if he stands any chance of being successful here. After all he does have an I.Q of 150. 😐

On 7/5/2020 at 3:27 PM, Tomo said:

It depends on what context we look at things. Do I think he's been decent in terms of individual performance? Yes but I think he lacks some vital skills to play in that role. Also given the fluitidity and build up play we lose by putting him there instead of Jorgi or Gilmour the trade off has to be that we're much more solid defensively, and I'm just not sure we are (even yesterday there were a couple of occasions Watford were a through ball away from a 1 on 1 with Kepa).

Kante is more of an proactive hunter, sitting in sticking 100% to his position and playing the patience game just isn't him, even if he learns to reign it in a bit more often there will still be times he instinctively evades position to hunt an interception/tackle and if that backfires we're all of a sudden really stretched (that was a problem for him even at his absolute peak playing there, case in point Ozil's goal against us in that game that forced Conte to overhaul the system), an example since the restart would be where the late free kick Villa got against us, he had to bring Grealish down because he evaded position and got turned.

A lot of fair points.

But let's be honest. At times with jorginho, we were abysmal defensively. We can go on and on about the "regista" and keeping the ball ticking, but our problems to break down 2 banks of 4 are well documented even in with jorginho in the team. Kante might have gotten turned, once or twice, but jorginho's pace (or lack of) literally makes him suffer the same fate each game. Infact I would go further on and say, he is targetted by opposition teams. 

This is lamps' first season here, and he is still figuring things out. We know our defensive issues. If he is able to find a better balance by putting in kante and giving the other 2 midfielders more freedom, I am all for it. 

All said and done, I still hope jorginho starts tonight. Honestly don't think Billy is anywhere near ready. And we can't afford a fuck up.

#Chelsea want Kai #Havertz and are in talks with his agent. #Blues are ready to offer 5-year contract (€8M/year) and in the next days will open talks with #BayerLeverkusen. At the moment Marina Granovskaia lead the race for the german player. #transfers #CFC

#Chelsea want Kai #Havertz and are in talks with his agent. #Blues are ready to offer 5-year contract (€8M/year) and in the next days will open talks with #BayerLeverkusen. At the moment Marina Granovskaia lead the race for the german player. #transfers #CFC
I do not think that this Nico Schira guy is reliable.