Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

The thought of replacing Jorginho with Declan Rice crushes my soul in every way possible.

Based on current season i guess kante kova and gilmour are ahead of jorginho in the pecking order...not many supporters incl me would want him to start ahead of the 3 mentioned players but he is the vc...the emergence of gilmour has already replaced jorgi so a sale with rice coming in will just help bring a hell lot of versatality just like lampard wants

15 hours ago, Stats said:

He is only 23 too. Mark my words, a few years he will be regarded as one of the best LB around. Sarr would tear many FB apart let's face it. Look what he did to Liverpool. Chilwell is not bad defensively. Not excellent but his strengths are going forward.

Alphonso Davies is 19, has been playing LB for only 7, 8 months, and is already top 3, perhaps even the best (if not, soon will be), LB on the planet. Chilwell is not remotely in his league.

Alphonso Davies is 19, has been playing LB for only 7, 8 months, and is already top 3, perhaps even the best (if not, soon will be), LB on the planet. Chilwell is not remotely in his league.
But Alphonso Davies is a cunt!
He should have gotten a red card in his last match because he kicked someones hamstring and the ball was somewhere else. You could see the anger in Davies face when he kicked him. VAR did nothing and referee, who was only 2 meters away and was in front of Davies, did nothing too.More ridiculous than the incident was his post match interview. He apologized for his yellow card and not for his kick, which was a straight red and the garbage interviewer did not even talk about his leg kick.

Fuck Bayern and fuck Davies too.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

But Alphonso Davies is a cunt!
He should have gotten a red card in his last match because he kicked someones hamstring and the ball was somewhere else. You could see the anger in Davies face when he kicked him. VAR did nothing and referee, who was only 2 meters away and was in front of Davies, did nothing too.More ridiculous than the incident was his post match interview. He apologized for his yellow card and not for his kick, which was a straight red and the garbage interviewer did not even talk about his leg kick.

Fuck Bayern and fuck Davies too.

That is not germane. Sorry but I love Davies as a player. Everyone has a few rash actions.

That is not germane. Sorry but I love Davies as a player. Everyone has a few rash actions.
People also love Ramos. I don't like Ramos because of such kind of incidents.
I also do not think it will get better because I do not see him controlling his emotions better in the future. That was pure hate when he kicked him. Son also never stopped doing those red card kicks

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

People also love Ramos. I don't like Ramos because of such kind of incidents.
I also do not think it will get better because I do not see him controlling his emotions better in the future. That was pure hate when he kicked him. Son also never stopped doing those red card kicks

Davies is nowhere near Ramos level of bad actor. smdh

Davies is nowhere near Ramos level of bad actor. smdh
He is young. Those type of incidents will continue. I do not think he will reach Ramos nor Pepe level, but those type of actions are disgusting. So probably every season once or twice those type of incidents will happen. Alli and Son do that type of action also every season multiple times

Just now, killer1257 said:

He is young. Those type of incidents will continue. I do not think he will reach Ramos nor Pepe level, but those type of actions are disgusting. So probably every season once or twice those type of incidents will happen. Alli and Son do that type of action also every season multiple times

nope, not buying your attempts to set in a false frame narrative that you will then keep pushing and referencing your own words retroactively to try and lend legitimacy to it

not going to work

nope, not buying your attempts to set in a false frame narrative that you will then keep pushing and referencing your own words retroactively to try and lend legitimacy to it
not going to work

You just try to defend a player you love for an incident where he wanted to harm another player. I also lost a lot of respect when JT kneed Sanchez. Bitch move is a bitch move

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You just try to defend a player you love for an incident where he wanted to harm another player. I also lost a lot of respect when JT kneed Sanchez. Bitch move is a bitch move

never said it was fair play, but I am not going to let some narrative be set  in that Davies is a 'dirty' player

the lad is 19, it is ridiculous to try and extrapolate out the next 13, 14, years based off one incident

never said it was fair play, but I am not going to let some narrative be set  in that Davies is a 'dirty' player
the lad is 19, it is ridiculous to try and extrapolate out the next 13, 14, years based off one incident

We will see in the next 5 years how many times he will lose control of his emotions.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Davies is an exceptional talent but saying that Davies is playing at a team where he is rarely exposed as they always dominate the ball against virtually any team they play. Chilwell is a very good LB who will improve. He got ripped by Sarr yesterday and Mahrez but generally speaking he is quite solid defensively. I don't agree that he is so bad defensively. 

34 minutes ago, Stats said:

Davies is an exceptional talent but saying that Davies is playing at a team where he is rarely exposed as they always dominate the ball against virtually any team they play. Chilwell is a very good LB who will improve. He got ripped by Sarr yesterday and Mahrez but generally speaking he is quite solid defensively. I don't agree that he is so bad defensively. 

Chilwell is an upgrade from what we have now (there are multiple LB's out there who all are upgrades) but absolutely no way he is worth £80m. IF we had all the rest of the team sorted and we want to piss out an extra £30, 40m, on the exact LB we wanted, then sure, its only money, but we are not there at all. Money aside, Alaba, Theo Hernandez and even Alex Sandro (age makes him less appealing but right NOW he is a better player) are better LB's than Chilwell IMHO at this moment, and all cost far less.

Bottom line for me is I have zero issue if we buy Chilwell, UNLESS (and it probably will) it fucks us in upgrading or adding at CB, GK and on attack (probably no Havertz at all if we drop 80m on Chilwell, and then even another winger (Havertz plays in so many positions he takes pressure off only carrying 3 true wingers) for far less than Havertz's cost will be in jeopardy.

Atm it truly looks like Leverkusen are 75% plus likely to miss out on CL (all it takes is a draw or a win for Gladbach OR a draw or a loss for Bayer and they are out), and that lowers Havertz's (or should per multiple German reports) cost to around £70m or so. I cannot think of a realistic scenario where Chilwell is worth £10m or so MORE than Kai Havertz. It simply is not the case for me. If Chilwell was not English, his price would be half of what it is. We are amongst the least of the top ten teams who have a homegrown quotient issue, so another English player is simply not important at all. Leicester have zero reason to lower his price (unless he demands a transfer). They do not need the cash, they are 95% plus CL bound, have no huge stadium debt, have a multi-billionaire owner, and no FFP issues.

6 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Based on current season i guess kante kova and gilmour are ahead of jorginho in the pecking order...not many supporters incl me would want him to start ahead of the 3 mentioned players but he is the vc...the emergence of gilmour has already replaced jorgi so a sale with rice coming in will just help bring a hell lot of versatality just like lampard wants

Its a squad game these days even more so now with what is going to be an absolute crazy schedule while football plays catch up on lost time due to lockdown (we're looking at summer 2023 until the calendar breaks even and even that's on the assumption there's not another suspension).

With the way Lampard likes to play a regista is crucial, even more so currently given we don't exactly have the best ball playing CB's, asking Gilmour to play every game at his age and with the scheduling in the coming years is unrealistic, we need two capable players in that position minimum, none of our other midfielders are capable of giving high efficiency in that role not even Kova.

I could just about get my head around Rice if he's exclusively played as a CB and signed for a reasonable price (around £35m, 40 tops) but I don't want him anywhere near the midfield.

That said I'm not totally against selling Jorginho if an irresistible offer comes in given his age and the fact he's probably not an undisputed starter anymore due to Billy's emergence but he absolutely must be replaced by another player capable of playing the regista role and lightening the load on Billy.