Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I actually like chilwell a lot.

He has a massive engine, gets up and down constantly. He also has this bit of arrogance on the ball that I love (for example, Reece James has it even more so). He's quality and thoughtful going forward. He isn't looking to just get to byline and cross aimlessly, but early crosses and passes across the box, trying to pick people out. And that sort of helpful in building out of the back too.

He definitely has a lot of room for improvement, esp defensively. I don't think he's as poor as people make him out to be though. I would just say very average defensively.

Not worth close to 80 mil. But he would improve us massively.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I actually like chilwell a lot.

He has a massive engine, gets up and down constantly. He also has this bit of arrogance on the ball that I love (for example, Reece James has it even more so). He's quality and thoughtful going forward. He isn't looking to just get to byline and cross aimlessly, but early crosses and passes across the box, trying to pick people out. And that sort of helpful in building out of the back too.

He definitely has a lot of room for improvement, esp defensively. I don't think he's as poor as people make him out to be though. I would just say very average defensively.

Not worth close to 80 mil. But he would improve us massively.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He is only 23 too. Mark my words, a few years he will be regarded as one of the best LB around. Sarr would tear many FB apart let's face it. Look what he did to Liverpool. Chilwell is not bad defensively. Not excellent but his strengths are going forward.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hope the scouts were watching and watching closely. Chilwell is like a weird hybrid of Alonso and Emerson. Quick and scores goals but just as suspect in defense as both. We should definitely distance ourselves from signing him. Either buy a really good LB or none at all. 

I'm sure Lampard and the scouts have done so. Otherwise, the links would not have gone on for so long/much. Guess Lampard and co. are confident of Chilwell's potential and abilities and can help him to improve and get better. 

Whenever I see Chilwell I think - not much better than Alonso at defending, worse than Alonso going forward but faster than Alonso. I really do not get why people want to replace Alonso with him. Sure he may prevent a goal or two less than Alonso but he won't get anywhere near Alonso's goals or assists. 

Whenever I see Chilwell I think - not much better than Alonso at defending, worse than Alonso going forward but faster than Alonso. I really do not get why people want to replace Alonso with him. Sure he may prevent a goal or two less than Alonso but he won't get anywhere near Alonso's goals or assists. 

22 millions :wave:

ajax-mist-tagliafico-en-mogelijk-ook-ona

6 minutes ago, milka said:

22 millions :wave:

ajax-mist-tagliafico-en-mogelijk-ook-ona

Honestly, Tagliafico is not really any better than Chilwell and I see him struggling badly vs epl wingers as  90% of them are bigger, stronger and faster than him. Eredivisie is a physically way less demanding league, so tiny/slight guys like him and Ziyech come across a little better there but at the 2018 World Cup Tagliafico was easy prey for Rebic, Perisic, Mbappe (obviously), Griezmann and even the Nigerian wingers. Dont get me wrong, he is not  half bad, quite nippy and kinda tough for a guy this tiny but a poor match for our side that lacks physicality anyway. Also with 27 he is not exactly in the right age bracket to provide long term for us nor has he age on his side when adapting.

Honestly, Tagliafico is not really any better than Chilwell and I see him struggling badly vs epl wingers as  90% of them are bigger, stronger and faster than him. Eredivisie is a physically way less demanding league, so tiny/slight guys like him and Ziyech come across a little better there but at the 2018 World Cup Tagliafico was easy prey for Rebic, Perisic, Mbappe (obviously), Griezmann and even the Nigerian wingers. Dont get me wrong, he is not  half bad, quite nippy and kinda tough for a guy this tiny but a poor match for our side that lacks physicality anyway. Also with 27 he is not exactly in the right age bracket to provide long term for us nor has he age on his side when adapting.
Question is who would be the right guy for our LB position? Chilwell is a faster version of Alonso, Tagliafico has his weaknesses too and Telles comes from a poor league too.

Maybe Theo Hernandez would be perfect, but he loves AC Milan very much and I do not see him leaving soon

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Question is who would be the right guy for our LB position? Chilwell is a faster version of Alonso, Tagliafico has his weaknesses too and Telles comes from a poor league too.

Maybe Theo Hernandez would be perfect, but he loves AC Milan very much and I do not see him leaving soon

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Telles is so good going forward he is somehow worth the risk if attainable for the right price.

Other than that Hernandez is obviously the perfect player and I doubt he will stay at Milan forever.

The only other viable option for me is Robin Gosens.He is quick, tough, extremely strong attacking output (better than Alonso) and also a great defender.

I am against signing stop gaps for big fees on big contracts that dont get us anything in the long run. stop gap signings are only useful when you are under pressure to win stuff which we are not. We could go out and develop Maatsen if we wanted to if we are ok with more tiny players.

I've done a little research on several hot LB prospects and it seems every one of them is very good going forward but not great defensively. That's just the modern fullback. Only very few are world class at both. 

You either get a fullback like Azpi or Wan Bissaka who are basically defense first and nearly useless going forward or you get an all out attacking fullback who you just hope doesn't fuck up very often to cost you.

Look at Liverpool's or City's fullbacks. Robertson, TAA, Walker, and Mendy are all fantastic going forward. But if you have a quality winger who is direct and aggressive they all can be got at. 

If we sign Chilwell it's the same. There will be times against quality wingers where he's going to get burned. It's inevitable. I've watched numerous big CL games where Marcelo looks like a clown defensively. But he's so outrageously skillful going forward that it's overlooked and accepted.

Sell - 250mn
Jorginho - 45mn (sarri will make a move)
Zouma - 25mn
Alonso - 25mn
Barkley - 25mn
Moses - 10mn
Baka - 30mn
Morata - 48mn
Pasalic - 12mn
Batshuayi - 30mn

Buy - 280mn
Werner + ziyech - 90mn
Havertz - 70mn (most likely out of cl)
Chilwell - 60mn (i dont fancy him but ok)
Rice - 60mn (covers hole left by jorginho and zouma)

Net spend of just 30mn
And the salary we save on willian and pedro, we will likely break even
Probably can even get a 2nd goalie to push kepa like dean hendersen or onana

Just hoping newcastle sale is a success and we dump our unwanted players there

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk