Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Judy said:

Sounds like Leicester is upgrading while screwing us again. Nothing against Chilwell but if it's anywhere near the price quoted it's a joke. We can buy Tagliafico on the cheap and use the rest of our money to get Havertz and a CB, buying Chilwell for that price means there is no way we get someone like Havertz.

Regardless of whether we sign Chilwell or not, we aren't going to sign Havertz. We are already stacked in terms of attacking options and adding another would just be overkilled. Plus, there are more urgent need in other areas before dropping 100 million on a player (that's without even mentioning the wages) we don't desperately need right now. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Regardless of whether we sign Chilwell or not, we aren't going to sign Havertz. We are already stacked in terms of attacking options and adding another would just be overkilled. Plus, there are more urgent need in other areas before dropping 100 million on a player (that's without even mentioning the wages) we don't desperately need right now. 

Outside of needing a CB and LB we aren't in any need of urgent areas. I hope we buy Werner to play him as a ST and use the money to buy Havertz to either play him on the wing or through the middle and put Ziyech there.

Realistically this is the only year we can get Havertz, he will likely go to Bayern if we wait until next year, he is very versatile and he can play even up if needed. I think we really need someone like him or Sancho, the latter won't leave this summer so might as well try hard with Havertz.

Also Abraham in my opinion is a mid table footballer at best, he is also refusing  to sign a new contract until we give in to his demands, I'd rather we sell him and get a class player to our attack.

19 minutes ago, Judy said:

Sounds like Leicester is upgrading while screwing us again. Nothing against Chilwell but if it's anywhere near the price quoted it's a joke. We can buy Tagliafico on the cheap and use the rest of our money to get Havertz and a CB, buying Chilwell for that price means there is no way we get someone like Havertz.

I don’t see it like that. I saw Tagliafico struggling badly in the world cup and also by us he was one of their weaker players. I think Chilwell is better and has the higher ceiling even if financially this is a good deal for Leicester. Still, I think the relationship between Leicester and is is good. We got Kante for pennies and then overpaid for Drinkwatwr. I guess there were  Some kind of inside deals behind that which helped then balance their books. 
ManU is who they really screwed for Maguire. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bingo. Havertz plays in the same area of the pitch as Mount, RLC, and Barkley. There is literally zero room for another attacking midfielder at the moment. Especially not a €100m one.

I think Chilwell will be our last target. Unless someone comes in for Zouma I doubt we'll be after another CB either.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bingo. Havertz plays in the same area of the pitch as Mount, RLC, and Barkley. There is literally zero room for another attacking midfielder at the moment. Especially not a €100m one.

I think Chilwell will be our last target. Unless someone comes in for Zouma I doubt we'll be after another CB either.

Have you seen Kepa play? If he was not brought for an insane amount of money and put on ridiculous wages he would have been replaced already. So, for me GK1 is a position we absolutely need another player. I would also say CB is another area that something needs to be 100% done. Pick who you want to leave from Zouma/AC/Tomori (I would sell Zouma) but all three are currently playing at CB3/4 level for a club that wants to be in the CL. As for LB, I actually have this lower down the list if GK1 and CB get sorted as I am ok with Alonso, especially if overpriced and overrated Chilwell is meant to be the solution. I am also not that sold on Tagliafico but if a Sandro/Emerson swap could happen or Telles can be brought for £20-25m then do that. As for midfield, I would like a new No.6, my ideal would be SMS but I can see how some people are fantasizing over Harvetz (who could play No.6/No.8 in tandem with Mount). However, that is a priority that is much lower down the list for me as GK, CB and LB are bigger priorities. 

52 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Have you seen Kepa play? If he was not brought for an insane amount of money and put on ridiculous wages he would have been replaced already. So, for me GK1 is a position we absolutely need another player. I would also say CB is another area that something needs to be 100% done. Pick who you want to leave from Zouma/AC/Tomori (I would sell Zouma) but all three are currently playing at CB3/4 level for a club that wants to be in the CL. As for LB, I actually have this lower down the list if GK1 and CB get sorted as I am ok with Alonso, especially if overpriced and overrated Chilwell is meant to be the solution. I am also not that sold on Tagliafico but if a Sandro/Emerson swap could happen or Telles can be brought for £20-25m then do that. As for midfield, I would like a new No.6, my ideal would be SMS but I can see how some people are fantasizing over Harvetz (who could play No.6/No.8 in tandem with Mount). However, that is a priority that is much lower down the list for me as GK, CB and LB are bigger priorities. 

Yeah, Kepa is absolutely unmovable right now. Unless the club are so determined to move on from him that they accept a mega loss of like £40m. And I don't see that happening. Kepa will be given at least another season to earn the spot.

Chelsea board clash with Frank Lampard over Timo Werner transfer because of Aubameyang

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1292681/Chelsea-board-Frank-Lampard-Timo-Werner-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-Arsenal

on edit

complete bullshit by The Express, it is NOT what the podcast said

the Express now joins the Sun on my banned list

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Alonso liked this post about Chilwell :lol:

Not even Alonso himself can doubt that Chilwell is the superior player. Quicker, more intelligent while being in the same decent technical level. Alonso is more of an offensive threat but we know at what cost he will come. IMO it is a matter of price. For everything above 40m I would say we should look elsewhere. I would prefer Telles or Theo Hernandez obviously but rather roll with our current lbs than with our current cbs. It’s a shame that while we have tons of mids there is no one coming from the academy who could nail the lb place cos this position has been there for the taking for years now. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, Kepa is absolutely unmovable right now. Unless the club are so determined to move on from him that they accept a mega loss of like £40m. And I don't see that happening. Kepa will be given at least another season to earn the spot.

not just £40m or so on the fee

chalk on another £25m or so we will have to eat (half his salary for the next 5 years) as no team is going to splash out £82m in total (32m fee plus 50m in salary) especially the euro clubs who have to pay that amount in equivalent euro to quid FOREX rate (so over 90m euros)

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea board clash with Frank Lampard over Timo Werner transfer because of Aubameyang

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1292681/Chelsea-board-Frank-Lampard-Timo-Werner-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-Arsenal

Head coach Frank Lampard and technical advisor Petr Cech were pushing the Chelsea hierarchy to pursue a deal for Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Gabon international is in the final 12 months of his contract in north London and could be available on the cheap.

Chelsea had an enquiry about Aubameyang rejected in January but the Gunners are more open to selling their captain at the end of the season.

The 31-year-old was top of Lampard's shortlist, according to The Athletic’s Ornstein & Chapman podcast.

OH LOOK, THERE'S TOO MUCH POSITIVITY ABOUT CHELSEA! LET'S WRITE SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THEM! :doh::doh::doh: 

Lampard and the club were definitely looking at short term targets in January and on hindsight, thank god we bought none of them because right now, we look to be getting much better players and will be in a better place!

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not even Alonso himself can doubt that Chilwell is the superior player. Quicker, more intelligent while being in the same decent technical level. Alonso is more of an offensive threat but we know at what cost he will come. IMO it is a matter of price. For everything above 40m I would say we should look elsewhere. I would prefer Telles or Theo Hernandez obviously but rather roll with our current lbs than with our current cbs. It’s a shame that while we have tons of mids there is no one coming from the academy who could nail the lb place cos this position has been there for the taking for years now. 

:)

bigger than Chilwell, better defensively, stronger, nearly as pacey, very good passer, hi footie IQ

1 minute ago, Jason said:

OH LOOK, THERE'S TOO MUCH POSITIVITY ABOUT CHELSEA! LET'S WRITE SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THEM! :doh::doh::doh: 

Lampard and the club were definitely looking at short term targets in January and on hindsight, thank god we bought none of them because right now, we look to be getting much better players and will be in a better place!

do not shoot the messenger

I only posted it becuase it came from The Athletic as the original source