Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

He's definitely above Schurrle but he's also a very frustrating player for me, sometimes he genuinely looks as good as Hazard (Super Cup and Burnley) but other times is a complete ghost. I've far from given up on him (that would be hypocritical of me given the patience preaches I've given re Mount and CHO) but he needs to start impacting games a lot more consistently, Callum i feel could play dogshit and still come up with a matchwinning moment (for example Newcastle at home this season he was dreadful then all of a sudden set up the winner) whereas i don't yet feel CP does.

Pulisic is always one injury away from performing well for a stretch of games. 

His quality isn’t a concern. It’s his injuries 

9 hours ago, Fernando said:

I don't see Pulisic as being that great. To me he will be more like Schurrle quality. 

I don't have much faith in him. 

I'm a Pulli convert. I wasn't sold based on the little I saw of him at  BVB even though I was encouraged that so many people here were impressed with him. I've definitely liked what I've seen from him in a Chelsea Shirt however, particularly his quickness once he sees an opportunity to do something decisive. In those moments, his close control can be devastating and he has shown good decision making around the box over when to shoot and when to pass.

Of course, when I say good decision making, I mean decisions of which I approve. To shoot, or not to shoot, is something which divides opinion. Lot's of people are furious when players fail to take every opportunity for a pop at goal, but I'm among those who can't abide a Chelsea player hitting a low percentage shot when a pass was available to create a better opening.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

He's definitely above Schurrle but he's also a very frustrating player for me, sometimes he genuinely looks as good as Hazard (Super Cup and Burnley) but other times is a complete ghost. I've far from given up on him (that would be hypocritical of me given the patience preaches I've given re Mount and CHO) but he needs to start impacting games a lot more consistently, Callum i feel could play dogshit and still come up with a matchwinning moment (for example Newcastle at home this season he was dreadful then all of a sudden set up the winner) whereas i don't yet feel CP does.

I think Pulli is way above Andre, a player I never really believed in, and also above CHO based on first team performances to date. As for Chris being unable to deliver in some games, it's a fair observation but let's remember that there were many days when Eden was a non factor too. For me, with the current squad plus Hakim, Pulli starts when fit.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Coutinho or not we are miles behind United in this area. If it is true that Grealish is done deal we are so screwed. Grealish and Bruno is KDB and B.Silva level of creativity. I dont even want to think that they will sign Sancho... Imagine Rashford, Martial, Sancho and Grealish and Bruno behind them. With already best defense in the league they would be on Liverpool/City level.

No disrespect but Bruno and grealish doesn't fill me with fear. Also after grealish's latest outing I can see teams being less than up for touching him. Could be wrong of course

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Coutinho or not we are miles behind United in this area. If it is true that Grealish is done deal we are so screwed. Grealish and Bruno is KDB and B.Silva level of creativity. I dont even want to think that they will sign Sancho... Imagine Rashford, Martial, Sancho and Grealish and Bruno behind them. With already best defense in the league they would be on Liverpool/City level.

Bruno Fernandes and Grealish.... KDB and B. Silva level of creativity? What. The. Fuck. Dont be silly. 

Grealish is a good wee player but hes hardly outstanding. I mean he really isnt. Bruno Fernandes is much better but hes still nowhere near those 2 although he has more potential and credibility when your talking about players who can do what KDB and Bernardo do for City.

I doubt Grealish would be Uniteds number 1 choice, they will want Sancho, if they get him okay we should maybe be worried but again they are still very average in terms of how they play with the ball and if they lose/cant get Pogba in that team where he can contribute to the best of his ability, then they will suffer as well. Pogba is Uniteds best player but if they sign Sancho or even Grealish and continue playing 4231, where will he fit in? Okay people will say in a 2 playing deeper but anyone will tell you that his best football has undoubtedly been played in a 3 man MF at Juventus, at United when Jose spraingly used 433 and even when Jose played him as a 10 almost off Ibrahimovic in a 4231. He hasnt got the discipline to play in a 2. If they play him in a 2 he will leave spaces that can be exposed/fail to track runners etc etc as he has been doing since going to United.

I would also argue that in terms of being creative Ziyech is better than Grealish and probably close to being on par with Fernandes. 

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

Honestly, I'd happily have Coutinho here. Just about to turn 28 so still has a whole lot left in the tank and knows the league already. 

I know a lot of our fans want to avoid him but as long as he doesn't cost as much as all the rumours suggest I'd take him gladly. He's the kind of ultra-technical player we need. Willian and Pedro are off, Ziyech + Coutinho would be pretty massive upgrades.

In regard to Coutinho, I wouldn't want to sign him full time but on a loan I think he would be decent if the market goes belly up.

My personal opinion is that this window is going to see hardly anyone move as teams are going to have reduced revenue and they have still got to cover the wages of their players under contract. Further, players that will move will have to expect lower wages than what they thought they were going to get as clubs are going to have less money to spend due to reduced revenues.

I honestly see a situation where the only players that move are players that are; a) out of contract, b ) only have one year left, c) need to be loaned out for whatever reason or d) are involved in swap deals. I seriously do not see anyone signing a Sancho for £100m+ with £300k a week wages guaranteed for 5 years as that is a minimum commitment of £178m for the duration of the contract. 

12 hours ago, Alabama said:

I would really love Said Benhrama here especially now that Sancho financial package is not all that realistic...

Adama Traore, Grealish, Mount, Abraham and Tomori have shown this season that it could be worth taking a punt on a player in the Championship. Especially if he is one of the best players in that league.

On 02/04/2020 at 4:14 PM, Pizy said:

Honestly, I'd happily have Coutinho here. Just about to turn 28 so still has a whole lot left in the tank and knows the league already. 

I know a lot of our fans want to avoid him but as long as he doesn't cost as much as all the rumours suggest I'd take him gladly. He's the kind of ultra-technical player we need. Willian and Pedro are off, Ziyech + Coutinho would be pretty massive upgrades.

for a fair price, yes, but Barca spent £142m on his arse, so how fair (ie. low) will they go?

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

for a fair price, yes, but Barca spent £142m on his arse, so how fair (ie. low) will they go?

Barca have serious problems with their wage bill, incredibly it is £480m. To put that in perspective ours was £260m. Further, Barca have zero wriggle room as almost all of their contracts still have 1+ year to run unlike us who have the likes of Pedro, Willian and Giroud expiring. 

In other words, any hit to their finances means they cannot afford pay their players which is why they got all desperate and started spreading rumours that the players were refusing to accept a pay cut. If this Corvid business means the season cannot end and they miss out on any TV/CL/La Liga/Gate Revenue they are going to have to sell just to cover wages. This is against a backdrop where most teams in Europe are also going to struggle to pay their players already on contract.

As a result, Barca are going to either have to fire sale in the poorest market pretty much ever or loan the players out so they're not on the hook for wages. 

In my opinion, Coutinho will be loaned again as they cannot afford to pay him on top of the players in their current squad and no team in Europe is going to be paying serious fees as their income levels will have either been seriously hit and/or uncertain. 

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Barca have serious problems with their wage bill, incredibly it is £480m. To put that in perspective ours was £260m. Further, Barca have zero wriggle room as almost all of their contracts still have 1+ year to run unlike us who have the likes of Pedro, Willian and Giroud expiring. 

In other words, any hit to their finances means they cannot afford pay their players which is why they got all desperate and started spreading rumours that the players were refusing to accept a pay cut. If this Corvid business means the season cannot end and they miss out on any TV/CL/La Liga/Gate Revenue they are going to have to sell just to cover wages. This is against a backdrop where most teams in Europe are also going to struggle to pay their players already on contract.

As a result, Barca are going to either have to fire sale in the poorest market pretty much ever or loan the players out so they're not on the hook for wages. 

In my opinion, Coutinho will be loaned again as they cannot afford to pay him on top of the players in their current squad and no team in Europe is going to be paying serious fees as their income levels will have either been seriously hit and/or uncertain. 

Interesting KK. Thank you.

Is Barca's situation really this tight? Their wage bill is large but, after paying it last season, they stll had more than half a billion pounds of income left over to fund transfer activity and other costs. Chelsea, on the other hand, had barely £170m left over after paying players.

Using the £480m salary number, and calculating that roughly one third of the season will be lost, their squad's voluntary 70% pay cut during the shutdown will shave about £112m off the wage bill. In addition their players are also reported to be intending to make further contributions to help the club meet its non-playing payroll. A much smaller number to be sure, but it will help the club a little, and the people involved a lot.

Barcelona's domestic TV income last season was roughly £136m. Sticking to the same one third reduction guessed at above, they will lose around £45.4m of that this season. After covering this loss, the players' salary sacrifice, leaves Barcelona with more than £76m still in hand. £76m won't come close to matching other lost revenue so Barca's situation is bleak, but not as bleak perhaps as some other clubs.

Things will return to normal eventually. Barcelona's financial situation is strong, with projected incomes of more than £1bn per season going forward. In this suddenly bleak financial climate, where institutions are desperate for 'sure thing' investments, if Barca want loans to stave off a fire sale, the banks will help them out.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Interesting KK. Thank you.

Is Barca's situation really this tight? Their wage bill is large but, after paying it last season, they stll had more than half a billion pounds of income left over to fund transfer activity and other costs. Chelsea, on the other hand, had barely £170m left over after paying players.

Using the £480m salary number, and calculating that roughly one third of the season will be lost, their squad's voluntary 70% pay cut during the shutdown will shave about £112m off the wage bill. In addition their players are also reported to be intending to make further contributions to help the club meet its non-playing payroll. A much smaller number to be sure, but it will help the club a little, and the people involved a lot.

Barcelona's domestic TV income last season was roughly £136m. Sticking to the same one third reduction guessed at above, they will lose around £45.4m of that this season. After covering this loss, the players' salary sacrifice, leaves Barcelona with more than £76m still in hand. £76m won't come close to matching other lost revenue so Barca's situation is bleak, but not as bleak perhaps as some other clubs.

Things will return to normal eventually. Barcelona's financial situation is strong, with projected incomes of more than £1bn per season going forward. In this suddenly bleak financial climate, where institutions are desperate for 'sure thing' investments, if Barca want loans to stave off a fire sale, the banks will help them out.

Barca are essentially cooking their books by around €150m. Here is an article that explains it much better than I could.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2020/01/18/intro-to-barcelona-math-how-to-make-revenue-of-836m--990m/amp/

Chelsea fans sure can surprise me. For me it would be opposite. 1. Tomori   2. Chris   3. Zouma   4. Rudiger

With one difference.  I would not sale Tomori. Loan him again next season and I am pretty sure that is what we are going to do.

I mean we just kept two clean sheets against Liverpool and Everton with Rudi-Kurt and people are voting for them? :dunno:

Of course this is my opinion from Chelsea perspective where we sell(loan) one and buy one (not world class) defender.

I would sell two and buy two world class CBs but what do I know...

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Also we actually may change both LBs this summer. I know you like him.

Chelsea one of three clubs interested in Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/4/3/21206641/chelsea-one-of-three-clubs-interested-in-atalanta-wing-back-robin-gosens-report

49 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Chelsea fans sure can surprise me. For me it would be opposite. 1. Tomori   2. Chris   3. Zouma   4. Rudiger

With one difference.  I would not sale Tomori. Loan him again next season and I am pretty sure that is what we are going to do.

I mean we just kept two clean sheets against Liverpool and Everton with Rudi-Kurt and people are voting for them? :dunno:

Of course this is my opinion from Chelsea perspective where we sell(loan) one and buy one (not world class) defender.

I would sell two and buy two world class CBs but what do I know...

Zouma is the one to sell. We may have kept a clean sheet against Everton but Zouma was all over the place at times. DCL really should've scored after he got himself caught on the half way line in no mans land. Further, his distribution is poor and he is at an age now where he isn't going to improve much more as he is entering his peak. Zouma for me is the Barkley of our CB's. 

51 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also we actually may change both LBs this summer. I know you like him.

Chelsea one of three clubs interested in Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/4/3/21206641/chelsea-one-of-three-clubs-interested-in-atalanta-wing-back-robin-gosens-report

No way Barca get €80m for him. This transfer market is going to be the 'bottom of the market'. No way does any club lay out serious fees on players. I mean how exactly can a club go out and pay £50m+ on a player and give them £200k+ whilst their current squads are on 30%+ reductions? Further, which clubs are laying out £102m guaranteed (£50m fee/£200k a week for 5 years) when their income is uncertain in the age of FFP? Lastly, which top players, who are not out of contract, are going to want to sign a multi-year deal in this climate? For instance, Sancho is on €200k a week already, how much more than that is he going to get if he moves now and the club he goes to pay £100m+ just to sign him? It is not going to happen. Everyone is better off waiting this thing out for a year and then moving. 

The only exceptions to this will be; 

A) Players out of contract - they will need to sign something. 

B ) Players with only one year left - clubs will want to sell for something rather than get no fee. Further, some clubs will need to free up their wage bills. 

C) Players that are loaned to free up the wage bills that have become unaffordable for their clubs. 

Mega deals have zero chance this Summer. In the unlikely scenario that a club can afford to do it, how exactly is a £100m transfer fee with £300k a week wages deal going to play with the public when a serious amount of people have lost their jobs. It would be PR suicide. 

32 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Zouma is the one to sell. We may have kept a clean sheet against Everton but Zouma was all over the place at times. DCL really should've scored after he got himself caught on the half way line in no mans land. Further, his distribution is poor and he is at an age now where he isn't going to improve much more as he is entering his peak. Zouma for me is the Barkley of our CB's. 

I have been very critical towards Zouma earlier in the season by calling him worst CB in the world... But after all I have seen from our other CBs this season not sure what to think anymore.

Imo none of our 4 CB is good enough to be a starter. Maybe Rudiger but by that poll almost 50% of Chelsea fans think he is our worst CB. So I guess Zouma and maybe Chris are good enough to be 3rd or 4th option from the bench.

Do not forget Deschamps rates Zouma over Laporte, Konate, Upamecano, Diop...

36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

B ) Players with only one year left - clubs will want to sell for something rather than get no fee. Further, some clubs will need to free up their wage bills. 

Some great names are in this situation. We should be on alert. 

Sane, Auba, Alaba, Aguero, Thiago, Donnarumma, Torres, Upamecano, Telles, Milik, Zielinski, Tonali...