Todd Boehly Thread

They using AI scouting so that's tell  you everything you need to know about these wrongers how they run this football club . You don't need AI to see which player will be superstar or good player . FC AI , Data , XG Mercants . Even the manager  said that the data analyzes tell them that we should be in the top 4. Classic .

Edited by milka

I think there is a remote but far from impossible chance that we are destroyed as a top tier (perhaps not even a topflight one) club for ages.

Hedge funds and private equity firms (aka our owners) often strip, chop, and sell for scrap non performing assets.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think there is a remote but far from impossible chance that we are destroyed as a top tier (perhaps not even a topflight one) club for ages.

Hedge funds and private equity firms (aka our owners) often strip, chop, and sell for scrap non performing assets.

I would say that is not so much of a remote chance but almost a certainty. Just given the incompetence of everyone in charge atm there is 0 chance of us competing for big titles ever again under this ownership. I have been saying this for months and it is time fans get adjusted to this reality that Chelsea is now a mid table club no matter how much we hate. No managerial change, tactical or personnel switch in defense or anything else that can be done instantly or within a transfer window will fix this. The whole club hierarchy and structure underneath is rotten.

however, I don’t think we will be relegated any time soon simply bc the club is still generating above PL average revenue to maintain this current structure. With a few big sales of homegrown players even the massive debt loaded onto us by clownlake’s brainless transfer strategy etc can be managed.

if we look soberly at this young squad, yes most are overpriced hyped up pedestrian kids but they are reasonably talented, roughly on a PL average level . Surely there will be three worse teams every season. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

No managerial change, tactical or personnel switch in defense or anything else that can be done instantly or within a transfer window will fix this

I would disagree, I feel a better manager would implement a more suitable system for the current group of players.   Not saying that we would suddenly be competing for top 6 overnight but we should be 6-8 points better off than where we are at the moment. 

Maybe if we had 1-2 more experienced players in midfield, they would have steadied the ship and helped us maintain leads rather than going ahead and then watching our team go into panic mode and the opposition getting given easy goals. 

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I would disagree, I feel a better manager would implement a more suitable system for the current group of players.   Not saying that we would suddenly be competing for top 6 overnight but we should be 6-8 points better off than where we are at the moment. 

Maybe if we had 1-2 more experienced players in midfield, they would have steadied the ship and helped us maintain leads rather than going ahead and then watching our team go into panic mode and the opposition getting given easy goals. 

Like your optimism - but I think the problem runs a lot deeper than players and manager. They've stripped and outsourced, sacked a backroom network that was integral to our previous trophy blitz. As @Vesper mentioned above, we now have an ownership structure that will diversify in order to get profit from this business called football, and us as 'customers' as the CEO called us are secondary. Do you get emails from the club everyday, trying to get you to buy tat ?

The PL and Championship are littered with billionaire owners that see success on the field secondary as long as they can make profit. I always cite an example that is Bristol City. A City that big should have a PL team. No two ways about it. Billionaire tax haven owner is happy to buy land round the ground to develop a 'sporting quarter', basketball, rugby, womens rugby, concerts, and happy for the team to fail in the championship every season. So many clubs like this.

Everyday, I thank the previous owner here who just wanted football success above profit, and we were around when it happened.

We'll go on supporting, of course we will. its what fans do -through the bad times, but I think we'll have the same mantra as so many other teams fans from now on..........

''oh well, maybe next season''

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Like your optimism - but I think the problem runs a lot deeper than players and manager. They've stripped and outsourced, sacked a backroom network that was integral to our previous trophy blitz. 

I'd like to wait and see how the 'unaccounted payments' investigation pans out. Marina and Buck both had heavy ties to them I believe. Potentially Clearlake may have been "asked" to have them step down during the sale. I know they wanted to keep Cech. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd like to wait and see how the 'unaccounted payments' investigation pans out. Marina and Buck both had heavy ties to them I believe. Potentially Clearlake may have been "asked" to have them step down during the sale. I know they wanted to keep Cech. 

Yes I think the decks being cleared was partly political as well, all ties with the Russian connections removed. The problem being there were experienced football brains removed by Clownlake.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

wow!

he looks so much better

I agree. I previously always thought he looked like a slob and maybe even a bit oafish, but fair play to him, he's looking a lot better.

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Don't really understand. Cared to explain a bit more of that?

Is that good? bad? 

Bad. It's just piling on more risk for short term gain. 

I fear for this football club if we don't finish Top 4 next season. 

On 09/05/2024 at 21:53, JFKvsNixon said:

Todd Boehly's been on a health kick! I didn't recognise him on recent a BBC article

image.png.f0c4104ed9cc7be5797775af5b6ead30.png

Don’t think its down to a health kick. More like 2 years taking cocaine and other drugs on a daily basis. Would certainly explain a lot of goings on at the club for sure 😂

13 hours ago, Strike said:

Serious if true. Isn't this stripping the club off assets?

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Don't really understand. Cared to explain a bit more of that?

Is that good? bad? 

Certainly not the same thing as stripping the club of assets, from that perspective it is a total non-story. The assets stay within the company. All large businesses are made up of a holding company and a bunch of different companies the parent company owns. We're selling assets between them at fair market value, keeping them within the group.

The real risk here is whether or not this behaviour is against financial fair play in the premier league where the rules state that:

"For the avoidance of doubt, a Club will be in breach of its duty under Rule B.15 if it presents an Associated Party Transaction to the League (pursuant to Rules E.55 – E.77): (i) as a product of a genuine commercial negotiation where, in their reasonable and honest belief, no such genuine commercial negotiations took place; and/or (ii) as having a genuine commercial rationale to the counterparty when they do not hold a reasonable and honest belief that such a genuine commercial rationale exists."

Of course, we don't even know that the club has actually done this deal, what we have here is a twitter thread from an obsessive, known Chelsea hater (obsessed with us and been screaming we're getting banned for years...wrongly, over and over), what we've got here is some loser on twitter speculating about other people's speculation built on top of other people's speculation.

I would just ignore it all and trust the club. So far they've been very responsible and even self reported themselves before.

On 12/05/2024 at 23:25, Strike said:

Serious if true. Isn't this stripping the club off assets?

Stuff like this why I can't shake off the feeling that these guys are just plain dodgy. 

I mean there were questionable actions in Roman's time, but this is another level.

Stuff like how long it took for us to get a shirt sponsor this season, for example. Reminiscent of how Man UTd & the Glazers, and how long its taken them to fix a leaky roof at Old Trafford.

🗣️ Todd Boehly via @QatarEconForum on Chelsea's project. "The number one thing is you have got to be patient. You are putting something together and expecting it come together really quickly, but the reality is anything really good takes a little bit time. Patience was always a thought for us...

"When we bought the Dodgers in 2013 we started 15 and 25, but we kind of just kept sticking to the plan because we believed the it was right. And we went through a similar thing with Chelsea...

"You have to have the resolve to not hear all the noise around you and remain committed to the plan. And since Boxing Day, we are the fourth best team in the Premier League. When you look at what is going on it now, it feels better and better."