Todd Boehly Thread

On 24/12/2023 at 20:12, robsblubot said:

He was pretty scary (bad) against Wolves tho. Looks like getting a replacement shouldn't be too hard.

One game in a season where he’s been one of our best if not our best player though? And much better than the likes of Enzo and Moises who cost £220m between them….. some of you lot are on one.

Edited by OneMoSalah

53 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

One game in a season where he’s been one of our best if not our best player though? And much better than the likes of Enzo and Moises who cost £220m between them….. some of you lot are on one.

It's not a number for me personally. I see certain things from players which have different weights.

Ball control, for example, if pretty fucking high in importance for me, so when I see players struggling controlling the football well that's also a big fucking red flag for me. It's hardly the first time I've seen Conor taking a few extra touches to control the football, show too much of it, or having a poor first touch.

Perhaps the fact he's been one of our best player shows exactly the (poor) level we are at? 🤷‍♂️

Would he be a starter at Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, or even Newcastle? can't see that myself tbh.

Edited by robsblubot

11 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

It's not a number for me personally. I see certain things from players which have different weights.

Ball control, for example, if pretty fucking high in importance for me, so when I see players struggling controlling the football well that's an also a big fucking red flag for me. It's hardly the first time I've seen Conor taking a few extra touches to control, show too much of the football, or has a poor first touch.

Perhaps the fact he's been one of our best player shows exactly the (poor) level we are at? 🤷‍♂️

Would he be a starter at Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, or even Newcastle? can't see that myself tbh.

He’d only standout at a shit team or a top team having an awful season. And even then he’d stand out by “his effort” not by scoring a load of goals. “At least he looks like he’s trying “ - simple Passion merchant 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2023 at 13:55, lucio said:

If they only want to make money , why have they been spending so much? Surely we have to win stuff for our value to increase ? 

For what they spending we should  to ask .

They don't even take the best of the best in the children they buy and for which they propagandize . They are spending to build this Multiclub project with clubs from Europe to develop like Salzburg, Leipzig ,  flip flop players around is all about

They even admit  that Chelsea was bought cheap because of the sanctions, otherwise Abramovich would have asked for much more. They accept Chelsea as a business and when they build the new stadium and turn the wheel a few more times they will present this product to the next buyer from whom they will take double what they gave for the club. Their whole idea is profit, not building a successful club.They don't care about PL , CL etc they will push  to create a Super League with the other teams  , closed league like in USA .

Sweet words cannot hide the truth that we continue to be tragic even against teams like Luton, Palace, Preston. When Pochettino  comes out and says that  10place  is something normal, then the red flag should light up brightly . And  we have 1 billion spent on our backs and we are still crying out for a striker.

Edited by milka

23 minutes ago, lucio said:

Need to start protests at the ground against him 

If these protests are anything like the ManUre's, they will be worthless. Now, if the ticket holding fans protested and then refused to go in and watch the game, an empty or half empty stadium would really have an effect on their investment.. 

On 09/01/2024 at 06:09, milka said:

Sweet words cannot hide the truth that we continue to be tragic even against teams like Luton, Palace, Preston. When Pochettino  comes out and says that  10place  is something normal, then the red flag should light up brightly . And  we have 1 billion spent on our backs and we are still crying out for a striker.

Not disagreeing with your points before, but this one is actually a non-issue IMO. Managers will always protect their players, and that takes whichever form necessary. You will only see otherwise when the manager wants out, and/or lost the backing of the players.

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

To achieve what? They cannot sell for 8 and a half years still. 

Get them to stop fucking around. Run the club properly or people stop buying tickets 

Get an elite manager, change the module, that's our only salvation, everything else just killing us. Mourinho will be free in the summer, get him to kick the asses of these guys in the squad to build a structure like he built 20 years ago. But they won't do that  because no elite manager is cooperating with that plan they have . And he will want classy proven players which they will not give him.

So mid table is our reality .

4 minutes ago, milka said:

Get an elite manager, change the module, that's our only salvation, everything else just killing us. Mourinho will be free in the summer, get him to kick the asses of these guys in the squad to build a structure like he built 20 years ago. But they won't do that  because no elite manager is cooperating with that plan they have . And he will want classy proven players which they will not give him.

I’d go all out for Alonso 

We don't need  any more experiments with young coaches get proven quality coach, director, players . Mourinho will unite the team and give it the DNA that is missing everywhere in the club . Things can still be fixed by the cowboys if they admit that they were wrong with this naive model.

9 minutes ago, milka said:

A big no to this. Among the worst routes to take. His toxic narcisstic personality with the current squad will lead to the stages of burnout that you always see with Mourinho tenures. 

There’s no indication he’s able to build a team anymore. His last 3 jobs have had little meaningful success. The last time he built a good team was 14-15 Chelsea and that was by sacrificing KdB, Salah for Cesc, Costa. The team didn’t sustain form beyond one season either. 

Just now, King Kante said:

Alonso has always seemed like he is switched on. Cannot see him thinking, 'yeah, let's go to Chelsea and get sacked in six months on the whim of a cowboy' 

True , he’d avoid us for sure