Chelsea 1 - 3 Real Madrid

18 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

one thing is certain, i’m not going to lose my mind over this, if we don’t make it trough then so be it, this is the same group that won it last season, there is no shame in losing to a good Real Madrid team, but we could do much better for sure. Hoping for a good response in the 2nd leg, no away goals might play to our advantage.

Me too. 
If Real is good they deserve it - and in any case one day soon they 'll be as good as before, when they had Ronaldo.
But I am losing sleep because of the way we approached the game. No defense, like as if we were already 2-0 down or as if the opponent was a championship team. And there was the Brentford warning too.

they controlled the game from start to finish. Something is off with our team and I don't think it's a single section.... lack of aggression in all areas of the pitch.

Yeah one can say it's the defense of middle, but it's all connected esp these days.

Regarding Madrid, if Benzema keeps his form then yeah they can win it all -- guy is red hot atm.

Also, don't think our bench is good enough compared to other top sides, esp in attack.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

one thing is certain, i’m not going to lose my mind over this, if we don’t make it trough then so be it, this is the same group that won it last season, there is no shame in losing to a good Real Madrid team, but we could do much better for sure. Hoping for a good response in the 2nd leg, no away goals might play to our advantage.

To be honest, I dont think there is shame in losing ... Someone has to. The issue is how you lose or even how you win speaks volume of the team. And the last 2 games are more like we allowed them to win. I dont think the players can hold their heads high after the last 2 games and for me that is the issue. Hoping really hoping that we find our mojo back. 

1 minute ago, coolhead23 said:

To be honest, I dont think there is shame in losing ... Someone has to. The issue is how you lose or even how you win speaks volume of the team. And the last 2 games are more like we allowed them to win. I dont think the players can hold their heads high after the last 2 games and for me that is the issue. Hoping really hoping that we find our mojo back. 

yup, the team needs to get their shit together no doubt, maybe all the drama surrounding the club is starting to affect the team, unfortunately.

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

yup, the team needs to get their shit together no doubt, maybe all the drama surrounding the club is starting to affect the team, unfortunately.

I don't really see why.
There is ten multibillionaires now fighting it out.
Our Panathinaikos in the same position ten years ago found a fake Arab seikh, a fake sardine factory owner who was a ticket boy in Panama and a fake again building society from Chicago - so had to relegate for two years in the end !

3 hours ago, Nero said:

FPxM1UYXoAIDv7t?format=jpg&name=small

Eh...we lost at Stamford bridge this time.

Not the same kind of match. 

The atmosphere at the Bridge was electric in 2012. This time I'll remember for it being hostile to Courtois. Acting like snowflake Gooners.