Crystal Palace 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Can only see Havertz Rom working with someone who does a lot of off-the ball running like Pulisic and maybe Mount. Definitely not with Ziyech. Also would help tons if we had someone to provide width. Maybe try Kenedy as LWB. Wont be a better game for him to make a cameo than Palace.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can only see Havertz Rom working with someone who does a lot of off-the ball running like Pulisic and maybe Mount. Definitely not with Ziyech. Also would help tons if we had someone to provide width. Maybe try Kenedy as LWB. Wont be a better game for him to make a cameo than Palace.

CM's need to be a lot more direct as well. 

I can only see this working with a 4222 or a 4231. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

CM's need to be a lot more direct as well. 

I can only see this working with a 4222 or a 4231. 

Don't see the 4-2-2-2 as a long term solution. leaves the wings too vulnerable. I think it was more a one-off to surprise spurs and dominate their dogged midfield. Obviously it depends how wide the no.10s go in the transition but IMO it helps when there are designated wingers. Also I think if you have a good no.10, one is enough.

4-2-3-1 might be a good shout vs Palace. It's actually my favourite system to play in games where you are not the underdog bc of the security it gives in the middle and the versatility of options in the channels. We are just missing actual wingers for it to be maximally effective. Pulisic and CHO are our only actual wingers. Mount and Ziyech are too slow and Werner is not technical enough.

Tuchel does well to answer all these “journalist” fluff questions, I never understand why they dont ask him more questions about his tactics and personnel choices? Tuchel totally geeks on discussing this stuff and would give great general answers. He wouldnt go into details about an upcoming game plan, but he would discuss his decisions overall. 

Just had a look at the table for the first time in a long while and see that West Ham will have crept up right behind us if they win against Newcastle in a few minutes. No Trippier either who has carried them during this winning run so you’d expect WH to win. Albeit we’ll have 2 games in hand until we kick off later, but we HAVE to win these games against “lesser” opposition to keep them at bay.

United and Arse are right there, too.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just had a look at the table for the first time in a long while and see that West Ham will have crept up right behind us if they win against Newcastle in a few minutes. No Trippier either who has carried them during this winning run so you’d expect WH to win. Albeit we’ll have 2 games in hand until we kick off later, but we HAVE to win these games against “lesser” opposition to keep them at bay.

United and Arse are right there, too.

Arsenal have 2 games in hand as well..know we have them to play but we're on 24 while they're on 22 so somewhere..

Theyve all quietly crept up! Man U 4 behind though they've played a game more..

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Late fitness test. Looks like he made it. 

He was always fit. He was never in doubt. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Wonder which formation we’re playing here. Can’t work it out from the team sheet.

Same formation we used against Spurs when we beat them 2-o in the first leg of Carabao cup. Ziyech will be used in same way I guess from RWB to switching to RW.