John Terry

chrismada9

Nah FB I think it's what BL said, he doesn't even need to say he's staying cause it's crazy to think he'd even leave.

Thats a bit of a cop out to be fair, saying he doesnt need to say anything. Whilst I think it would be great if he stayed, I'm trying to detach myself from the emotional hero worship bollox.

Yes, hes been an exemplary servant of the club -and hes always been a fans man. By that I mean he would speak to fans anywhere, gave 100% and even gave a lift to freind in his Bentley.

But if he, or more likely, his advisors (who will be in for a big percentage of the arabs money should he move), think they can screw CFC for more dosh i think we should cash in. For Man City and their owners, the biggest coup they can pull off -bigger than Kaka, Robinho etc would be the current England captain - and as I said for an increasingly suspect, slowing 28 year old £40-£50 million should not be sniffed at.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if he, or more likely, his advisors (who will be in for a big percentage of the arabs money should he move), think they can screw CFC for more dosh i think we should cash in.

Hell no

Pay what he wants and move on.

Our window with some of our current players is closing.....we are a MUCH better team with Terry. Let's suck up our pride and pay the man and move on because as a team, we will be MUCH better off with him than without him

I can see what you're saying FB, No player is bigger than the club, but he his leadership skills are irreplaceable and we should do all we can to keep him at the club.

Hell no

Pay what he wants and move on.

Our window with some of our current players is closing.....we are a MUCH better team with Terry. Let's suck up our pride and pay the man and move on because as a team, we will be MUCH better off with him than without him

Goes without saying, but some games last season he was easily outpaced. I'm sure Man City fans wanted to 'suck up their pride' and pay SWP when we poached him, but there comes a point when this could escalate beyond reasonable proportions. OK so we pay him 180 k a week or whatever because Man City offer him more -do we do the same to Drogba because Man City offer him 300k a week, Lampard ? Essien ? No, I agree we DO move on.... and cash in.

He will halve in value and become slower -his silence is deafening to fans.

Goes without saying, but some games last season he was easily outpaced. I'm sure Man City fans wanted to 'suck up their pride' and pay SWP when we poached him, but there comes a point when this could escalate beyond reasonable proportions. OK so we pay him 180 k a week or whatever because Man City offer him more -do we do the same to Drogba because Man City offer him 300k a week, Lampard ? Essien ? No, I agree we DO move on.... and cash in.

He will halve in value and become slower -his silence is deafening to fans.

I agree 100% lets sell him and invest in yoof !

There is no comparison between our situation and City's with SWP because they weren't even close to being in a position of a title front-runner like us and that is the whole point of what I am saying.

If Terry leaves, we suddenly have a big question mark that POSSIBLY could be dealt with but who wants to take that chance given how close we are? We give the man a raise and he stays and that situation is solved. As painful as it may be to us, it stops a bad situation from getting worse for this season. As for Drogba, Lampard, and Essien....if they are performing top level and we win this season, we should expect situations just like that to occur (maybe not those 3 exactly but players in general). It happens in football today. Money rules the world it seems. We will have to decide just whether the players are worth it or not.

In terms of how CLOSE we are to being dominate + Terry's importance....giving the man the raise he wants is well worth it. Maybe come next season certain players getting raises from other teams will not be as important to our immediate future.

Edited by SystemBlueBob

I can see what you're saying FB, No player is bigger than the club, but he his leadership skills are irreplaceable and we should do all we can to keep him at the club.

Skysports few weeks back posted stats which proved we have a better win% without Terry. As FB said, No Player is bigger than the Club. And it seems, if we give in to one player, others tend to follow the suit. Like Lamps last season, JT this season may be someone else would do it next season...The wages we pay to our players is ridiculous compared to Manchester United. And still they won a Champions League and 3 titles in a row.

BBC R5 this morning saying Citehs arab owners are far from giving up on Terry.

They have sanctioned Hughes to offer up to £50 million and Terrys wages to be £1 million a month.....

i would take £50m and keep Carvalho to replace him...................

Personally, I feel Terry's silence on the issue is because he doesn't feel he needs to say anything. I'm sure Terry is totally committed to the club and feels he doesn't need to make his voice heard because the club have said he is not for sale.

exactly my point of view

And tbh if he does stay he's staying media still gana make a big deal out of it so hopfully he'll just let them have their fun and then volia.Hughs will go away!!

And if he does go...cue mass shirt burning along with the huge banner....

Edited by Laylabelle

According to the Daily Mail, now UEFA and Pricktini are getting involved

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has warned big-spending Chelsea and Manchester City they face uncertain futures at the whim of billionaire owners who are lavishing millions on buying short-term success.

With City poised to offer Chelsea £50million for captain John Terry and hand him £1m a month in wages, this summer has seen a staggering increase in the top money paid to the Barclays Premier League's star players.

And the backlash against huge spending grew last night, with UEFA warning they are considering ways of disciplining clubs if they spend too much by banning them from European competition.

In the wake of Sportsmail's revelations that City are wooing 28-year-old Terry with a £250,000 a week pay offer, Gill said: 'We're not in the market for 27, 28 or 29-year-olds for loads of money. It doesn't make sense. We have our own models and targets and we are operating within those. That's because we are operating for the medium and long term.

'We are not at the whim of someone pulling out and losing interest. You'd have to speak to those clubs about their plans for the medium and long term.'

Gill defended United's decision not to spend all of the £80m they banked from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and suggested he and manager Sir Alex Ferguson are protecting the club's long-term interests by not paying excessive wages and transfer fees

Real seem determined to add Liverpool's unsettled Xabi Alonso to their collection of new galacticos. Sporting director Miguel Pardeza said: 'Alonso is not a fad.'

Liverpool's valuation is £35m and Real have made a £25m bid, but Pardeza added: 'I've not given up hope we can solve this.'

City are in the middle of a £150m spree and this has alarmed UEFA president Michel Platini, who wants a 'club financial control panel' to curb spending.

He wants incentives for clubs to act within their means and disciplinary action for those who don't, with bans from European competition or points deductions.

The proposals will be put forward next month and UEFA spokesman said: 'To be viable, salaries and transfers should be proportionate to the generated income. Clubs should invest in youth sectors, and use their homegrown talent to reinforce their squads.'

It is suggested spending should be included as part of UEFA's club licensing system but the plan is likely to lead to more conflict with UEFA.

Come on, Terry isn't 100% sure he wants to stay at Chelsea, He would have came out and completly laughed off reports, and he does need to come out, as does any footballer when being strongly linked away to a club that can splash cash.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You