John Terry

chrismada9

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he stays he is the heart of Chelsea and although I think Riccy is a better player, there is no one in the whole club who can lift Chelsea the way he does.

We all know of his injuries which is why £40M could be classed as a decent sum of money for Chelsea, but for what he determination and the will to win for Chelsea and there supporters, well money can not buy that. I do believe though that either we look for the next Terry now with his help so he can coach them or he coaches Mancienne who I am still not sure about. Either way Chelsea need to start thinking of the future and need to look for new Terry's and Lampard's of this world whether they come from our youth setup or from another club. It would be nice to see someone like Cork or Mancienne come through and do what JT has done and succeed him.

He will not be staying for the money, he'll be staying because he's loyal to Chelsea and wants to win the CL with us

your kidding right...............he'll stay alright when they up his wages and extend his terms at CFC, that's where his loyalty lies, don't get me wrong i love JT but when it comes to contracts and loyalty he's just as mercenary as the rest.

the only loyalty the modern day players know is their pockets.

and all of them including JT take the piss out of us the supporters.

regards: JBD

Edited by josesbluediamonds

Apparently Roman has flown out today to hold talks with JT. The longer this goes on themore worried I am. As has been said many times over the last few weeks, its not John's defending we will miss most, but his leadership qualities are second to none.

I really hope Terry does the right thing, and stays with us. He loves the club to bits and he's always wanted to do one thing with Chelsea which he hasn't done, and that's win the Champions League. You've got another year to have a crack at it, don't waste your image going to City!!!

Please stay Johnny :( :( :(

wanted to do one thing with Chelsea which he hasn't done, and that's win the Champions League. You've got another year to have a crack at it

Exactly!! he's what 28,29 in December.Man City havent qualified for the CL this season and nothing to say they will..yeh we might not but ho hum we should...so whats the point going there when you wana win the CL and arent even in it!Could be a couple years before they are and then who knows

John Terry will snub Manchester City, says Chelsea striker Didier Drogba

Didier Drogba scored in Chelsea's 2-0 victory over Inter Milan and declared captain John Terry will turn down Manchester City and stay in London.

Drogba, making his first appearance in pre-season, played his part as Chelsea dominated former boss José Mourinho's side in the World Football Challenge friendly tournament, watched by 81,224 fans at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

And as Terry played the full 90 minutes for new head coach Carlo Ancelotti in California, despite Manchester City's continuing efforts to coax him to Eastlands, Drogba said the England captain was going nowhere.

"He's our captain and we need him and we know he's going to stay with us and win more trophies," Drogba told ESPN.

Of his side coming face to face with Mourinho, Drogba said: "It's always nice to see him: he was a big part of Chelsea's success and now we're moving on. We have a new manager now and we're all happy for him because he won his second game out of two, so it's all good.

"We're working hard, this is only the start and we want to be ready for the start of the season."

Goals from Drogba in the 11th minute and a Frank Lampard penalty just after half-time gave Chelsea the victory over the Italian champions. The impressive nature of the Blues' performance more than the scoreline, however, will have delighted new head coach Ancelotti, especially coming against his former cross-city rivals.

Drogba's future has been in question while the offer of a new three-year contract remains unsigned, but Ancelotti revealed the striker has indicated he will stay to form a key part of the Italian's new-look team.

"Drogba is a very important player for us and we want him to play for Chelsea," Ancelotti said.

"He's irreplaceable as no other striker in the world can do the same job. I've spoken with Drogba and know what he wants. He told me he's happy to stay."

However, Ancelotti offered less encouragement to Andriy Shevchenko, who made his name playing for him at AC Milan.

"I speak to Shevchenko every day and the situation is this: he's with us until 31 August and then we take a decision together. I don't know what will happen as the club has not received any offers."

JOHN TERRY will be staying at Chelsea.

SunSport can reveal negotiations on a new contract are at an advanced stage.

The Blues skipper, a target for Manchester City, will now see his weekly wage soar from £130,000 to £150,000.

An announcement is expected within 48 hours with Terry ready to break his silence over his future.

The England ace reached an agreement after a heart-to-heart with new boss Carlo Ancelotti and club officials during Chelsea's pre-season tour to America.

The Stamford Bridge side were initially hesitant over extending the 28-year-old's deal but a compromise which leaves everything open to negotiation has been accepted.

Terry's pay rise will give him parity with the club's highest earner - England team-mate Frank Lampard.

The defender has insisted in the past he wants to end his career with the Blues - and that now looks like becoming a reality.

The news comes as a crushing blow to Eastlands boss Mark Hughes.

Despite City's willingness to pay £40m for Terry, Sparky has once again been snubbed by a top transfer target.

Yet a City insider insisted last night the club would not give up hope of luring the centre-half until he publicly declares he will remain with the Blues.

Yeah...After getting a raise to 150000 per week, he will come out and say, Well I always was gonna stay, I am Chelsea through and through, I will never leave this club.....blablabla

Honestly, I just think of that and say to myself...that is professional sports today

No point in getting mad at it

Honestly, I just think of that and say to myself...that is professional sports today

No point in getting mad at it

I know, so no point of coming out and telling fans that he was always going to stay and that he is Chelsea through and Though.

Todays "professionals" should learn something from Steven Taylor.....

Personally, I feel Terry's silence on the issue is because he doesn't feel he needs to say anything. I'm sure Terry is totally committed to the club and feels he doesn't need to make his voice heard because the club have said he is not for sale.

I don't think JT seriously considered leaving. But it does appear that he was after an improved contract, with 3 years on his current contract to go if he came out and said he wanted to stay it would make it almost impossible for him to negotiate a better deal. If he says nothing it forces Chelsea to come to the table with a new contract. I don't particulary agree with it, but we MUST keep JT..

I don't think JT seriously considered leaving. But it does appear that he was after an improved contract, with 3 years on his current contract to go if he came out and said he wanted to stay it would make it almost impossible for him to negotiate a better deal. If he says nothing it forces Chelsea to come to the table with a new contract. I don't particulary agree with it, but we MUST keep JT..

He has kept quiet for too ong -either hes staying or not. Bollocks to this now, no player is bigger than the club. hes holding the club to ransom by the looks -how much fucking money does he want for christs sake ??

The club should definitely call his bluff and sell a 28 year old with a dodgy back who is getting slower for £40 or £50 million I'm starting to think.

The club has progressed before after Osgood, Zola, Dixon, Wise ....

I do not fault the man for wanting a raise.

Everyone here that works would (at least I think) do what needs to be done to get a raise. But, I think we all would try to do it in a respectful way if we had worked for the same company for many years.

I try not too hard to get on Terry because maybe we don't know the entire story about when City actually approached him, etc.....

If he officially has turned them down now and we move on....I am happy on the whole

I suspect a good bit of the "He is leaving" articles were just over-exaggerations anyway

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You