Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw about the Benayoun thing, big big loss for us. I think Carlo will sign an experienced midfielder in the Jan window, he has to now! We need experience in our midfield, we only have Lampard and Benayoun as the experienced guys, before we had Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Belleti & even Joe Cole. (I always said Ballack should've stayed)

Now that those 2 are sidelined, only Essien is the real experienced one (and he's not even THAT experienced). I think one jan signing of a midfielder will not hinder the youth progression but just add some wisdom to our midfield

even better would be an experienced LOAN signing in Jan ,,,We have loaned players out even to Serie A ..time to get favours returned

where did you you get the yossi info?

Twitter.

But the Daily mail posted this today.

Heard that Bruma and Sturridge picked a knock.Apparently Bruma has a hamstring injury.Sturridge should be ok.

From the top of my head these are our currently injured players:

Hilario

John Terry

Alex

Bruma

Kalou

Yossi Benayoun

Twitter.

But the Daily mail posted this today.

Heard that Bruma and Sturridge picked a knock.Apparently Bruma has a hamstring injury.Sturridge should be ok.

From the top of my head these are our currently injured players:

Hilario

John Terry

Alex

Bruma

Kalou

Yossi Benayoun

yossi is the only long term and even with him no definite time known ,,,

Yossi Benayoun will undergo surgery on his Achilles on Monday.

The Israeli international returned to the club from international duty last week, and will now be out of action for approximately six months.

Two other squad members who were prevented from representing their countries due to thigh injuries, Salomon Kalou and Alex, are due to return to full training next week, while Jeffrey Bruma, who withdrew from the Dutch Under 21 squad before the game on Tuesday due to tight hamstrings, is scheduled to train as normal on Thursday.

Chelsea FC

It appears that our doctors missed Benayoun's torn Achilles,that was not the first time either as Bosingwa and Essien were also misdiagnosed.So much for building the new MilanLab...

Fair point, but I honestly believe we have one of the best medical departments and some of the best facilities of all the clubs in Europe.

John Terry took part in light training today (Thursday) at Cobham and a decision on his availability for the Aston Villa game will be taken after training on Friday.

The captain is recovering from a back injury sustained when he fell awkwardly during training with England.

Jeffrey Bruma, who withdrew from midweek action with the Dutch Under 21 side due to a tight hamstring, took part as anticipated in full training on Thursday.

The session was the first outdoors for most of our players who went away on international duty, since their return to the club.

So it looks like we'll have Bruma for Villa.. (hopefully.)

If there is no Terry I'd be pretty certain Ancelotti wouldn't risk playing Bruma in such a big game - he's great but he's sometimes overly cautious. We'll probably see Terry play through the pain but if he can't make it I really wouldn't be surprised if Essien started at centre back. Times like this make we wish we still had Juliano Belletti.