Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

Just saw about the Benayoun thing, big big loss for us. I think Carlo will sign an experienced midfielder in the Jan window, he has to now! We need experience in our midfield, we only have Lampard and Benayoun as the experienced guys, before we had Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Belleti & even Joe Cole. (I always said Ballack should've stayed)

Now that those 2 are sidelined, only Essien is the real experienced one (and he's not even THAT experienced). I think one jan signing of a midfielder will not hinder the youth progression but just add some wisdom to our midfield

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw about the Benayoun thing, big big loss for us. I think Carlo will sign an experienced midfielder in the Jan window, he has to now! We need experience in our midfield, we only have Lampard and Benayoun as the experienced guys, before we had Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Belleti & even Joe Cole. (I always said Ballack should've stayed)

Now that those 2 are sidelined, only Essien is the real experienced one (and he's not even THAT experienced). I think one jan signing of a midfielder will not hinder the youth progression but just add some wisdom to our midfield

Essien is experienced way ENOUGH imo, we do not need to have Maldini-like amounts of experience in midfield to not get blast aside or make stupid mistakes.

no need to panic .....JUST YET

no need to panic .....JUST YET .....even tho I posted this twice ,,,

Edited by zolayes

We have Essien and Lampard, and if needed we have McEarhan as back up, young but he has already shown us he can be called upon when needed.

Essien is experienced way ENOUGH imo, we do not need to have Maldini-like amounts of experience in midfield to not get blast aside or make stupid mistakes.

no need to panic .....JUST YET

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not worried right now (@zolayes). It's just, for argument sake, if Lampard were to pick up another knock and, touch wood, Essien were to be out, we'd only have Mikel, Ramires & McEachran(@ZanSnake). While this would be a midfield full of quality it would lack that experience that knows to keep the ball and slow down play in the last 10-20minutes, kind of like a Ballack or Scholes(@Blueboy.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not worried right now (@zolayes). It's just, for argument sake, if Lampard were to pick up another knock and, touch wood, Essien were to be out, we'd only have Mikel, Ramires & McEachran(@ZanSnake). While this would be a midfield full of quality it would lack that experience that knows to keep the ball and slow down play in the last 10-20minutes, kind of like a Ballack or Scholes(@Blueboy.

No point in wanting Ballack anymore, he is useless and keeps getting injured for Bayer

That wasn't today was it? He came on from the subs bench after half time in the 4-0 win over Cyprus tonight.

no was the previous game...report said he had to be subbed at HT so was worried he had been injured ...obviously just rotation ,,scare over