Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels so strange for Lampard to be out for so long - he's such a fit and strong player, its weird to think he hasn't played in our last six matches.

like Madmax said, there could be someone from the medical team that's not good enough! Bryan English might be a bit under pressure somewhere. Who knows! I Really hope Lampard can return soon though, otherwise we might be seeing a news title saying "Lampard out for a further 2-3 months"

On the other hand, it might not be the medical department's fault... it could depend on the severity of the injury...

Yossi Benayoun has released the following statement (chelseafc.com)

'There have been quotes in the media this week that have been incorrectly attributed to me, suggesting I am critical of Chelsea's medical staff.

'I have made no such remarks. I want to make it clear that I have full confidence in both the Chelsea and Israeli medical teams and at no time have I disputed or doubted their findings or advice. I am not blaming anyone.

'I now want to focus on recovery and rehab without further distractions so I won't be commenting further on the matter. I look forward to returning and playing for the team as soon as possible.'

Israel FA deny Chelsea Benayoun claims

The Israel Football Association has disputed Chelsea's claims that midfielder Yossi Benayounsuffered an Achilles tendon tear on international duty.

IFA chief spokesman Gil Lebanony said: "When Yossi Benayoun came to Israel he didn't practise with us, even for a single second. He came with pain in his Achilles tendon and with a diagnosis from Chelsea that it was only a small tear.

"But our doctor said immediately that it was a very serious problem and sent him for an MRI scan. The MRI doctor diagnosed the big tear immediately. We're sorry that he is injured because Yossi is so important for us, as he is for Chelsea but we're not to blame for the injury.''

Soccernet