Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex is back, Ramires to return against Spartak and Lampard back for Liverpool.

Ramires and Frank Lampard remain sidelined for this weekend's fixture, but Alex returns to the line-up after a four-week layoff.

The defender has not played since smashing in the second goal against Arsenal on October 3, but will partner John Terry in the centre of defence against Blackburn on Saturday afternoon.

Carlo Ancelotti is hopeful that Ramires will be fit in time to face Spartak Moscow in midweek, while Lampard is pencilled in for a return at Anfield a week on Sunday.

'He's not available and he will start to train at the beginning of next week,' said the Italian when asked about his vice-captain. 'Obviously he'll not be involved in the game in the Champions League, but maybe, I hope, he'll be involved in the next game in the Premier League.

'The other players, just Ramires is not available to play tomorrow but will be ready in the Champions League, Alex is fine and the other players are in good condition. We trained well and had a good week to prepare the team for the game.'

We have not scored in either of our last two league away games, and Ancelotti is hoping we return to form on the road at Ewood Park, urging his side to play for the full 90 minutes rather than in fits and bursts.

'We are five points clear, we started well in this part of the season, and I think we can play better, because we played very well some parts of some games but not continuously, we didn't play 90 minutes how we want and it's the time to improve our play and play with more intensity on the game,' he outlined.

'Tomorrow will be a good test for this reason because we have to play a physical game, we have to play with intensity because it won't be easy to play against Blackburn away but we want to do better compared to last season.'

That was a 1-1 draw in late March that threw our title ambitions into doubt, before we bounced back with a string of impressive victories and attacking football, just what the manager wants to see now.

'In the last two games away we didn't score against Man City and Aston Villa. We had a good away game in the Champions League against Spartak Moscow, it's strange not to score in two games consecutively away. We had a fantastic performance against Wigan when we won 6-0, but we have to do better away.

'Our philosophy is to play the best football we can, so when we don't play well I think it's not a criticism to say this. It is objective, and we want to play at our best in every game.

'I think now we are five points clear, and it's important to maintain this gap. Man City, Man United and Arsenal are interested in our results and they would like that we lose some points against Blackburn.

'This is normal and I think for this reason it's an important game, if we are able to win this game we can improve our confidence and give disappointment to the other teams.'

Malouda and Bosingwa are not available for tomorrow. Malouda has a problem on his ankle after a tackle in the last game,' reported Ancelotti. 'It's not a big problem but he won't be available for tomorrow. I hope he is ready for the game against Liverpool.

'Also Lampard is out, as is [Yossi] Benayoun, as we know, and Bosingwa is not ready for tomorrow. There is more than a 50 per cent possibility Lampard will be involved in the game against Liverpool.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2205283,00.html

Malouda to miss Liverpool game, Lampard - there is still hope

'John Terry I rested because he played a lot of games and I want to maintain the players' fitness,' reasoned the Italian. 'Essien had a little problem on his toe but will be fit for the game against Liverpool.

'Malouda has a twist on his ankle, not a big problem but he is not able to play against Liverpool, the week after yes, and we hope Frank can play.'

NEWSFLASH: LAMPARD SUFFERS NEW INJURY

Frank Lampard will be out of action for another two to three weeks having withdrawn from yesterday's training session with a fresh muscle injury.

The vice-captain was on course for a return in Sunday's game but Carlo Ancelotti announced today (Friday) that the player suffered an injury to an abductor muscle (in the groin area) near the end of the session.

Alex is also ruled out of the Sunderland game. The defender has a knee injury but Nicolas Anelka returns having missed the midweek win over Fulham with a back problem.

<_<