Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool

Jase

Which is scarier, Azpi vs Mané or Alonso vs Salah? If those two are really at it today this could get very ugly. 

Honestly finding it really difficult to pick out an area of the pitch that I’m optimistic about. Silva is just back from a hamstring and is up against that ridiculously quick front 3. Kova is still rusty as hell after his long injury. Kante has been in and out with injuries. Kai hasn’t played in weeks and Pulisic has been useless lately.

Would be an incredible 3 points if we somehow managed it but I can’t see how we do it with this team we have available.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Which is scarier, Azpi vs Mané or Alonso vs Salah? If those two are really at it today this could get very ugly. 

Honestly finding it really difficult to pick out an area of the pitch that I’m optimistic about. Silva is just back from a hamstring and is up against that ridiculously quick front 3. Kova is still rusty as hell after his long injury. Kante has been in and out with injuries. Kai hasn’t played in weeks and Pulisic has been useless lately.

Would be an incredible 3 points if we somehow managed it but I can’t see how we do it with this team we have available.

I would imagine the wide CBs will help at times like we have seen in the past because those 2 love coming narrow to give room to their fullbacks.

Particularly Rudiger on Salah, he has had a good few games where he has played well against him. Wouldn’t say they were overly impressive last game either.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Nero said:

This is what I want to see from Pulisic 

In terms of making an impact, that was arguably the game he was most effective in based on the minutes he played that night.

Was also one of the worst defensive performances under FL in his 18 months here and that says a lot. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

CHO needs to sit out. Squandering far too many chabces. 

It's been just over a week since he played a huge part in all three goals at Villa (his finishing needs improvement though no arguments there). If he was dropped for an in form player I'll get it but Pulisic has done the square route of fuck all ever since Madrid.

That said Liverpool do seem a favourite opponent of his as @Nero has just reminded so hopefully he rips up the formbook today.

Edited by Tomo

8 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Fuck all about us, i'd like to remind them we are 2nd and the home team

On the US feed it is all about Chelsea and the Tuchel/Lukaku. Also about Havertz and Pulisic playing in where they are most effective. Barely a mention about Liverpool.

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He had COVID IIRC and Tuchel said he was struggling despite returning to training. Plus not like we can really count on him. 

lol He was at least one of the few guys who was actually scoring before he got the hamstring injury and then COVID. Plus, his pace would have come in handy against Liverpool's high line, just like it did at Anfield last season. 

Both teams have key players missing, whether through covid or injuries. Liverpool's bench though in terms of making impact looks weak, so if we are in the game, we can win this. Fingers crossed. Question marks to how match sharp Havertz is though.

Just now, Jase said:

lol He was at least one of the few guys who was actually scoring before he got the hamstring injury and then COVID. Plus, his pace would have come in handy against Liverpool's high line, just like it did at Anfield last season. 

True but I think that Pulisic is maybe also in the team for the same reason and then CHOs on the bench.

Either way, at least we have some pace in the front line as Mount and Havertz, whilst aren’t slow aren’t necessarily that fast. Then again, CHO can come in too.