West Ham 3-2 Chelsea

Jase

Just now, Clockwork said:

Stop, call it for what it is. Ederson and Allison deal with that ball on a regular basis. Ffs.

Ederson  and Alison are slower movers on the ground  than Mendy, don’t even reach the ball and it is a tap in. 

Havertz has been excellent here linking play and stretching the WH defense all over the place. Hope he’s okay to continue. But it looked like a high ankle knock which could be really bad. 😩

Still out of all options Mendy had there once he reached the ball what he did was the 2nd worst 

he could have booted it, picked it up for a indirect free kick in a non dangerous angle, backheeled it for a corner….

Goal aside, we're in total control. Need to stop giving chances to teams (Jorginho being the main culprit).  

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the more I see the replays the angrier I get with Mendy

it is just madness

He's been almost caught multiple times in recent games. Clearly isn't up to scratch with the ball at his feet & it's one of those things we, as a team, need to take into consideration.

Edited by LAM09

WH’s defense is there to be had over and over when we move it about quickly. If we can score again and go 3-1 up I think it would demoralize them enough to kill the game. 

RLC has been pretty good but if he can get on the ball more and quickly run at them I think he’d cause them all sorts of problems.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

watch the replay m8, he had ages to smash it out

He had but still

point remains. Jorginho can’t play a short pass to a goalie when there is an attacker closing him down no matter how good or bad the goalie is on the ball