West Ham 3-2 Chelsea

Jase

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Drogba had his inconsistencies and Costa was never a 2nd half season player.

This club hasn't had a consistent goal scorer since the early years of Hasselbaink. 

Drogba had his off-seasons...certainly in terms of scoring. But that never stopped him from being a good team player for the likes of Lampard.

And when he was scoring form (looking at the 2 golden boot seasons) he was just great.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Drogba had his off-seasons...certainly in terms of scoring. But that never stopped him from being a good team player for the likes of Lampard.

And when he was scoring form (looking at the 2 golden boot seasons) he was just great.

Drogba was inconsistent in the league, scored 20+ goals only 2 times with us. 

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Drogba was inconsistent in the league, scored 20+ goals only 2 times with us. 

yeah, that's what I mentioned in my first point. But even if he wasn't scoring, he was still a nuisance for the opposition. 

37 minutes ago, Strike said:

Would have made no difference. Even Werner doesn't fit the team in a central role. Especially with West Ham's defense going deeper and deeper.

Agree that Werner isn't a central striker but at the same time, he has at least shown that he can run the channels decently instead of being stationed in just one position. I don't know if it's by design or it just happened but after Lukaku came on, the front 3's position and movement became predictable compared to when Havertz was operating upfront in the first half. And not to mention, Werner did decently and scored the winner in this same fixture last season. But whatever I suppose.

On 02/12/2021 at 19:58, Superblue_1986 said:

but I do think we've shown a lot more mettle in games this season than we have in recent seasons to grind results out and find ways to win which can hopefully only bode well.

This did not age too well, @Superblue_1986...

1 minute ago, Jase said:

Agree that Werner isn't a central striker but at the same time, he has at least shown that he can run the channels decently instead of being stationed in just one position. I don't know if it's by design or it just happened but after Lukaku came on, the front 3's position and movement became predictable compared to when Havertz was operating upfront in the first half. And not to mention, Werner did decently and scored the winner in this same fixture last season. But whatever I suppose.

This did not age too well, @Superblue_1986...

Honestly I know this is bad to say but I hope Lukaku is out for a little while longer, we are just a better team without him. The team is more compact in general, he is a passenger most games which is not good enough. Both City & Liverpool player without an out & out striker and have been successful so this obsession with finding a striker is unwarranted. We just need to improve our finishing. Case in point CHO decided to pass backwards when he could have shot on goal with his left foot

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Stupid whoever decided to spend that much money on him. 

Is there a word worse than stupid? Because this was predicted to happen by virtually 90% of Chelsea fans. The fact Tuchel and the board couldn't see it speaks volumns. 

Either Tuchel gets sacked for shoehorning Lukaku or Lukaku forces is way out for not playing. No other alternative. 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Is there a word worse than stupid? Because this was predicted to happen by virtually 90% of Chelsea fans. The fact Tuchel and the board couldn't see it speaks volumns. 

Either Tuchel gets sacked for shoehorning Lukaku or Lukaku forces is way out for not playing. No other alternative. 

I'm sure TT asked for a striker of elite level and the board got Lukaku when they had the chance to get Halaand. TT probably thought he could work his magic on Lukaku but is now sitting there on the sidelines wondering how the fuck he is going to get this lump of turd going... this is TTs biggest test since joining our club. I have a feeling he will end up losing his mind trying.

Head banging hearing the Lukaku defenders. "He doesn't get the chances like Havertz does"

Do they actually hear themselves? Ask yourselves why Havertz gets chances and Lukaku doesn't. One moves and is always involved. The other is fixated on one spot. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Drogba had his inconsistencies and Costa was never a 2nd half season player.

This club hasn't had a consistent goal scorer since the early years of Hasselbaink. 

This is the problem of just looking at stats and why we have ended up with Lukaku. Drogba and Costa, even when not scoring, occupied 2 CB's which then gave room for the AM's and CM's to get goals. 

Lukaku on the other hand just stands and points. His hold up play is also nowhere near theirs' either. 

Liverpool won and now City will inevitably win. As someone mentioned earlier, this morning was the last time we will be 1st this season. 

Always great to start the weekend with another lackluster performance from us with our rivals picking up points. Cheers lads. Well done. 

26 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lukaku defenders, "he won Player of the year in Seria A, he obviously improved" 

Yeh he scored some goals vs Bologna , must be worth 100m now 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Liverpool won and now City will inevitably win. As someone mentioned earlier, this morning was the last time we will be 1st this season. 

Always great to start the weekend with another lackluster performance from us with our rivals picking up points. Cheers lads. Well done. 

That's the thing City and Liverpool Will drop points..maybe but we'll drop more..its been coming. We've had some dodgy performances and somehow won...or least drew.