Chelsea 4-0 Juventus

Jase

3 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Mount and Havertz are wasted as wide players. 

It is a good thing when young players develop their ability to play different positions at a high standard. Apart from making the players versatile with high quality it also helps the club spend less funds on transfers. As our team is currently, I do not think we need to sell(except when we need to create space for a quality player returning from loan) nor buy anyone.

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We beat United 6 times with Alonso starting, City 5 times. Spurs 9 times. So he faced all those great wingers and there was zero damage defensively because of him.

True. As I have said, I am a one of the biggest supporters of Alonso on here, so it is not as if I use him as a whipping boy. At this moment in time, when viewing the Utd match, the way I am looking at it is that they only win by hitting us on the counter and we know that if Alonso plays they'll target his flank. Hence, it probably depends on how attack minded you are. I normally prefer it when we play things a bit tight so that is why I was suggesting Dave to start and Alonso to come on a bit later once the game slows down a bit and hopefully we have some control. 

Edited by King Kante

Sorry if im  wrong but This Chelsea is a mix between Mourinho's Chelsea  defense and Ancelotti's Chelsea  in attack.

This team can withstand absolutely any attack and easily break through absolutely any defense.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I don't think it is necessarily, but if you had to say our default front three, it prob would be them.

Easy to say that based on paper but based on what we see on the pitch, debatable. 

14 minutes ago, milka said:

Sorry if im  wrong but This Chelsea is a mix between Mourinho's Chelsea  defense and Ancelotti's Chelsea  in attack.

This team can withstand absolutely any attack and easily break through absolutely any defense.

I always see people say Jose's (first time) Chelsea and Ancelotti's Chelsea are so different style wise but I don't see it.

The core of players and style of play were largely the same, the only huge difference is Mou would chose game management after 2/3 goals whereas Carlo would have us carrying on like we were still chasing something.

People are getting carried away. It's only a few weeks since I was posting that despite being European Champions and Premier League leaders there wasn't a lot of optimism around Chelsea. More than a few agreed with me. Based on what he was saying last night I can extrapolate that Jason Cundy was among them .Now, two good wins later, he's declaring that we're the best team in the world. It doesn't work like that.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie