Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea

Jase

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

For the past two days he has been working on endurance and expected to join the full training session for the two days before Newcastle.

I saw the article link that was shared someone else but then the link went AWOL. Did a quick search on Google and the club website, nothing pops up regarding Pulisic. Did someone jump the gun? 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Need to be wary of the shitehouses. Expecting this. 

Mendy

Christensen Silva Rudiger

Azpilicueta Jorginho Kante Ruben Chilwell

Mount Havertz

Tuchel yesterday...

'We hope Azpi is back for the weekend. He had a shoulder injury yesterday in training when he fell on it. It’s very painful but he’s Azpi and he’s a tough guy.

‘Ruben felt after training some pain in his hip joint. Hopefully we can handle it for Saturday.

‘Andreas needed to recover from tooth surgery and he should be back in training on Thursday if there are no complications.’

36 minutes ago, Jase said:

I saw the article link that was shared someone else but then the link went AWOL. Did a quick search on Google and the club website, nothing pops up regarding Pulisic. Did someone jump the gun? 

Simon Phillips saying the same things, that really doesn't mean it is fact.

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2021/10/Chelsea-offer-injury-update-on-christian-pulisic/

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Need to be wary of the shitehouses. Expecting this. 

Mendy

Christensen Silva Rudiger

Azpilicueta Jorginho Kante Ruben Chilwell

Mount Havertz

We played 352 only to utilize Werner and Lukaku. Without them zero chance we play 352. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We played 352 only to utilize Werner and Lukaku. Without them zero chance we play 352. 

Yep fully agree. 

I mean really, why would we play 352 when we have no actual CF fit and have like 6 number 10s/attacking midfielders? 

I get it against a Spurs, Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool etc where tight margins may decide games and being a lot more solid is useful - but not against Newcastle, who haven’t won yet in the PL and quite frankly barring ASM, are genuinely horrendous. Probably go as far as saying they are worse than Norwich. And thats tough.

Obviously still have to show up, do the job and treat it professionally but playing two attackers would concern me. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Is it really just to use them or is it down to the opposition?

We used the 3-5-2 against City because I presume we wanted to avoid getting overrun in midfield. But I do not know why Tuchel went with 3-5-2 at Brentford. Plus, there's also the fact that we went with that system a few times at the back end of last season.

Otherwise, we have seen Tuchel use both strikers in the 3-4-3 against Southampton and Malmo.