Chelsea 0-0 Brighton

Jase

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yes win midfield battles more he would of helped. I certainly don’t underestimate Kante’s role as he is a world class player on his day still but we didn’t win tonight because he didn’t play.

Its all good winning the back and getting to the final third but that’s when your players need to make the difference. I imagine you seen how many folk were slagging how many times Kante gave the ball away v City too at the weekend/how many attacks he messed up in the match thread when it was on going 😂 or even participated... 

And again, you were talking about counter pressing as if its the only means of creating transitions or chances.... Tuchel just said our counter pressing wasn’t good in the post match, talking about us as a team, not Mount or Jorginho or whoever you think Kante would of played ahead of. I mean do you think one guy would of compensated for the other 10 not being up to the intensity or the team not counter pressing effective? It only works when everyone pulls their weight and go together when the press is triggered. 

We weren’t at it tonight and pretty much created 0 chances with over 120m worth of attacking players in our front three. Kante or no Kante we would of drew that game.

I do agree Mount deeper in a 2 wasn’t a good move, you want him higher up in the half spaces looking to take the ball on the half turn and link the attack. 

Maybe just to deflect.

He’s not happy with the performance though and I would expect a response the next game. We seen it after Wolves, after Leeds and after West Brom. We need to as we cant afford to drop any more points now when teams around drop them.

When you win the midfield battle early on it's a huge morale boost, and Kante would've helped massively in that. The ball wasn't going past our midfield for 90% of the game so we needed to fix that first in order to create opportunities up front. When Tuchel said our counterpressing wasn't good that strenghtens my point, which you weirdly enough are trying to use against me. If our counterpressing was bad and thats what he took out of the game, who would've helped with that? Seriously...man

I agree our attack was bad, but the midfield could've done much more in my opinion. The fact that Ziyech who gave the ball away a 1000 times stayed on for so long when you could've brought Kante on for him is a disgrace. He should've been brought off at half time.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just week ago after Porto 2nd leg, Tuchel said that Kova is out for City and that playing Kante for 90 mins in Seville was risky. But he did play him last 2 games for 90mins. On paper Brighton today and Fulham later are two easiest games. We play every 3 or 4 days. You dont think we should rotate a bit? With Kova out, imagine losing Kante again due to injury. It is clear we need to be careful with Kante and logically this was the perfect game for him to take rest. Chelsea should win against Brighton even with Caballero, Emerson, Gilmour, Abraham... We used all our attacking players today and they did not score. Did not even come close.

Same here, you want to play same 11 every 3 days? This team on paper should easily beat Brighton. We rested Mendy, Silva, Azpi, Chilwell and still kept clean sheet, our attacking players let us down today. And we used them all. Ziyech, Puli, Timo, Kai, Mount, CHO, Olie...

I'm saying Kante should've came on at half time atleast.

9 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

To be honest - can now say after 20-25 games , not a fan at all of the Tuchel style of football.

Feels like Mourinho all over again, along with the Sarri like death by possession in defensive areas. 

We have won and drawn loads of games so everything looks great on paper when looking back but this is definitely not the direction I want our football to go in the next year or two. 

what's good: Our pressing and trying to win the ball back.

Everything else : It's like watching paint dry.

I think our football under TT is even more boring than under Jose and Sarri. 

Its all very well scratching out wins in Cups, but lots of teams can do that. The real test is the league and we continue to look mikes off what it takes to challenge. Almost every single game is a tedious slog to try and get a goal and hope to hang on. I never thought we were buying into that when we hired TT.

We can use the excuse that we have a lot of very average players who are simply not title challenging players, but even so, we should be able to play better, more adventurous football than this suite we are seeing most weeks. 

One thing is for sure. Keep playing like this next season and hell be gone by the end of it!

Just now, chippy said:

I think our football under TT is even more boring than under Jose and Sarri. 

Its all very well scratching out wins in Cups, but lots of teams can do that. The real test is the league and we continue to look mikes off what it takes to challenge. Almost every single game is a tedious slog to try and get a goal and hope to hang on. I never thought we were buying into that when we hired TT.

We can use the excuse that we have a lot of very average players who are simply not title challenging players, but even so, we should be able to play better, more adventurous football than this suite we are seeing most weeks. 

One thing is for sure. Keep playing like this next season and hell be gone by the end of it!

PS. Please excuse the typo's. Using a small phone with no edit button.

We were at the center of a real shit storm yesterday. I can forgive the performance yesterday. We have been looking better lately. We are in the top 4 and have a chance to win the CL. I can wait to see if he makes the attack better after a true off season and pre-season. I still like what I see with Tuchel.

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just week ago after Porto 2nd leg, Tuchel said that Kova is out for City and that playing Kante for 90 mins in Seville was risky. But he did play him last 2 games for 90mins. On paper Brighton today and Fulham later are two easiest games. We play every 3 or 4 days. You dont think we should rotate a bit? With Kova out, imagine losing Kante again due to injury. It is clear we need to be careful with Kante and logically this was the perfect game for him to take rest. Chelsea should win against Brighton even with Caballero, Emerson, Gilmour, Abraham... We used all our attacking players today and they did not score. Did not even come close.

Same here, you want to play same 11 every 3 days? This team on paper should easily beat Brighton. We rested Mendy, Silva, Azpi, Chilwell and still kept clean sheet, our attacking players let us down today. And we used them all. Ziyech, Puli, Timo, Kai, Mount, CHO, Olie...

Not the same XI but the chop and change in attack is too much to build any rhythm

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We were at the center of a real shit storm yesterday. I can forgive the performance yesterday. We have been looking better lately. We are in the top 4 and have a chance to win the CL. I can wait to see if he makes the attack better after a true off season and pre-season. I still like what I see with Tuchel.

We have been looking better lately? Defensively, we are generally still fine. Offensively, we are still inconsistent. One game we look good, the next we look crap. 

Look back at our last 7 games - Sheffield United, WBA, Porto, Palace, Porto, Man City, Brighton - and tell me if our performances were consistent across the board.

Off season? Pre-season? Have people forgotten about Euro 2020 this summer? The Premier League next season will start 1 month after the end of the Euros and say if 2 teams that heavily feature our players - e.g. England and Germany - go all the way to the final, then those players will likely not have pre-season at all because they might well get something like 3 weeks off and just 1 week to prep for the new season. And IF we win the FA Cup, we will have the Community Shield a week before the league starts.

Right now, the only players that will be around for pre-season are Azpi, Alonso, Pulisic and Ziyech. Kepa, Gilmour and CHO may be around if they aren't called to the Euros while Silva could be available if he does get that contract extension. So, that's only 4-8 players. Am assuming Caballero will leave once his contract expires.

I can't remember what happened in pre-season in 2018 after the World Cup but this is not ideal after the lack of pre-season last summer.

I do think our defense and midfield has had significant improvement. When I say midfield, I am talking about being very organized and not just winging it or hoofing it up the field. Our attack has been dreadful. I never watched PSG so I don't know if it relied on individual brilliance, or if it was very methodical in its approach? I get what you are saying about Euros and I honestly had not thought about that.