Chelsea 0-0 Brighton

Jase

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I have no doubts we will win vs Westham. It is basically a big game and the spammers have to play for the win this time. 

Do they though? A point would be decent for them and can then hope we will drop more points in our remaining games.

The bigger winner of all this shit is probably Leicester, who face West Brom on Thursday. Somehow, all the teams below them dropped points!

Giroud came in too late and Zouma should never start in my book, but especially in a game where we need to keep possession and attack.

Other than this, it was just an insipid performance undeserving of a win.

Ziyech was particularly poor today.

Edited by robsblubot

This could have been by design.
I can't think of any other explanation, comparing with the match against WBA as well and even with the dismal 0-0 against Wolves under Lampard.
Tuchel told them to play slow motion. If they escaped with the three points so be it, if not let it drop.

3 hours ago, Azul said:

Tuchel was an idiot today, how can you keep Kante on the bench when we needed to win the midfield battle?! It was clear we needed him ffs!!! Top four race is going to be extremely hard now

Just week ago after Porto 2nd leg, Tuchel said that Kova is out for City and that playing Kante for 90 mins in Seville was risky. But he did play him last 2 games for 90mins. On paper Brighton today and Fulham later are two easiest games. We play every 3 or 4 days. You dont think we should rotate a bit? With Kova out, imagine losing Kante again due to injury. It is clear we need to be careful with Kante and logically this was the perfect game for him to take rest. Chelsea should win against Brighton even with Caballero, Emerson, Gilmour, Abraham... We used all our attacking players today and they did not score. Did not even come close.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Don't think this team can put in performances with so much rotation. Ridiculous team selection

Same here, you want to play same 11 every 3 days? This team on paper should easily beat Brighton. We rested Mendy, Silva, Azpi, Chilwell and still kept clean sheet, our attacking players let us down today. And we used them all. Ziyech, Puli, Timo, Kai, Mount, CHO, Olie...

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just week ago after Porto 2nd leg, Tuchel said that Kova is out for City and that playing Kante for 90 mins in Seville was risky. But he did play him last 2 games for 90mins. On paper Brighton today and Fulham later are two easiest games. We play every 3 or 4 days. You dont think we should rotate a bit? With Kova out, imagine losing Kante again due to injury. It is clear we need to be careful with Kante and logically this was the perfect game for him to take rest. Chelsea should win against Brighton even with Caballero, Emerson, Gilmour, Abraham... We used all our attacking players today and they did not score. Did not even come close.

Same here, you want to play same 11 every 3 days? This team on paper should easily beat Brighton. We rested Mendy, Silva, Azpi, Chilwell and still kept clean sheet, our attacking players let us down today. And we used them all. Ziyech, Puli, Timo, Kai, Mount, CHO, Olie...

Don't forget the Zouma giveaways. Should have been 0-1.

Edited by cosmicway

Not the time to experiment in terms of formation and Mount in the pivot. Maybe the ESL distractions hurt us a bit but that's no excuse to lose to Brighton at home...

We've shown we can only be effective using the 3-4-2-1 so not the best time in a race for top 4 to change and have players out of position. 

Felt Chilwell, Cho, and Kante should have been the subs to allow us to go back into what we're comfortable with but Kai and Ziyech were so poor that I understand why they were taken off. 

Just poor team selection, you can't take any opponent lightly and I felt TT thought this was a game where he can tinker things too much. Definitely backfired...one of the worst games all season. 

Might be out of the ESL and Champions league next season now. 

To be honest - can now say after 20-25 games , not a fan at all of the Tuchel style of football.

Feels like Mourinho all over again, along with the Sarri like death by possession in defensive areas. 

We have won and drawn loads of games so everything looks great on paper when looking back but this is definitely not the direction I want our football to go in the next year or two. 

what's good: Our pressing and trying to win the ball back.

Everything else : It's like watching paint dry.

This game was crying out for more energy from Chelsea, and he left Kante on the bench.

Why have Kante on the bench if you're not going to use him? Granted you want to protect him, but not even for 15 mins?

Should have brought on Kante and moved Mount further up., a lot sooner in the game.

Also substituting Alonso to leave Pulisic as a wing back was complete waste of time.

Also waited too long to bring on Giroud who is lacking match sharpness from barely playing, and is given just a few minutes to make an impact.

This one is on Tuchel really.

Anyway, game aside.

What a day for the club.

Not sure what drove it, but respect to the club for having the guts to correct course in face of intense scrutiny.

And most importantly, massive props for Chelsea fans who went out in protest.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Best pray that Stamford Bridge doesn't become a source of a COVID-19 outbreak...

Yeah that too..hopefully

Cech without his mask on either, during the protest..only way to get himself heard, but massive risk.

Fuck.

Still raging.

Do not know why I am so down, but this is as upset as I have been since the worst of Lampard's fall from grace.

So raging how shit we were.

When we crash like this, it is usually the 3 players I am a long time advocate to bin. Alonso, Zouma, and Jorginho. They lived up to my shite expectations yet again.

Still have ZERO clue why Tuchel played a back 3 with Mount wasted at tge double pivot. Massive tactical blunder. Ziyech also was back to his worst form. Insanely poor last night.

FUCK!

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Fuck.

Still raging.

Do not know why I am so down, but this is as upset as I have been since the worst of Lampard's fall from grace.

So raging how shit we were.

When we crash like this, it is usually the 3 players I am a long time advocate to bin. Alonso, Zouma, and Jorginho. They lived up to my shite expectations yet again.

Still have ZERO clue why Tuchel played a back 3 with Mount wasted at tge double pivot. Massive tactical blunder. Ziyech also was back to his worst form. Insanely poor last night.

FUCK!

That performance was imo a result of questionable tactical decisions and pre-match furore. The players' heads were not in it. I think we were lucky not to have lost considering the chances BHA had, so there is that positive to take from it. I now expect to bounce back strongly after the club has withdrawn from ESL and some key players got rested... We will look a different side with Azpi, Kante, Kovacic and Chilwell back.

29 minutes ago, manpe said:

That performance was imo a result of questionable tactical decisions and pre-match furore. The players' heads were not in it. I think we were lucky not to have lost considering the chances BHA had, so there is that positive to take from it. I now expect to bounce back strongly after the club has withdrawn from ESL and some key players got rested... We will look a different side with Azpi, Kante, Kovacic and Chilwell back.

Was the tactical decision really questionable?

Selecting Mount in midfield was probably the only questionable one. Otherwise, the other selections were things that what people supposedly wanted - the front 3, Azpi being rested, same goes for Chilwell with Alonso coming in.

Am inclined to think that the ESL fiasco affected the players but on the other hand, yesterday's performance was not really different to what we have seen in some other matches under Tuchel. 

And all this aside, am also not having this tiredness excuse that's being thrown out by Tuchel all of a sudden. 

6 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

To be honest - can now say after 20-25 games , not a fan at all of the Tuchel style of football.

Feels like Mourinho all over again, along with the Sarri like death by possession in defensive areas. 

We have won and drawn loads of games so everything looks great on paper when looking back but this is definitely not the direction I want our football to go in the next year or two. 

what's good: Our pressing and trying to win the ball back.

Everything else : It's like watching paint dry.

maybe it's not fault of TT, but our attacking players easily are not good enough

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Was the tactical decision really questionable?

Selecting Mount in midfield was probably the only questionable one. Otherwise, the other selections were things that what people supposedly wanted - the front 3, Azpi being rested, same goes for Chilwell with Alonso coming in.

Am inclined to think that the ESL fiasco affected the players but on the other hand, yesterday's performance was not really different to what we have seen in some other matches under Tuchel. 

And all this aside, am also not having this tiredness excuse that's being thrown out by Tuchel all of a sudden. 

I understand the players being rested, but for example what was the point of putting James to the left to stay back? Our best crosser effectively disarmed. After those in-game changes we became worse, came closer to losing than winning. We were in trouble in midfield but Kante didn't come on... another questionable decision.

Edited by manpe

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

I understand the players being rested, but for example what was the point of putting James to the left to stay back? Our best crosser effectively disarmed. After those in-game changes we became worse, came closer to losing than winning. We were in trouble in midfield but Kante didn't come on... another questionable decision.

About the in-game changes, yeah, I have no idea what Tuchel was trying to go for. The players were just randomly running around the pitch.