• Kante
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

We just look like a side all across our midfield and attack that is completely fatigued. Even after a week off.

And we aren't even into the absolute worst of the fixture congestion yet. Hugely worrying.

Seeing none of the sharpness and creativity from Werner, Mount, or anyone else that we saw just a couple of weeks ago. We're awful to watch now having been arguably the most exciting team in the league up until Leeds and Sevilla.

Werner is waiting and waiting for the pass and Pulisic could've played him in 2 or 3 paces earlier than he did and onto his right foot. It was 100% not the ideal pass.
A fully sharp and confident Werner puts it away but that's still not a tap in.
Werner first touch was awful, what Pulisic did was very good in my opinion he waited until Werner was inside the box and passed the ball then. All he had to do was touch it and score it with his left foot.

A striker should be able to score with both of his feet. I'm tired of the excuses, he choked end of. Blaming Pulisic is unfair when he has been arguably our best player in that half.

Doesn't matter if it was Puli's or Werner's mistake on that shot. What is concerning is that it's pretty much only chance from open play we've had in this half and that's why it's being discussed for three pages, when we should have create such chance every 5 mins here.

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

People saying that it was Pulisic's fault are beyond deluded. Werner has been extremely awful, how many chances does he have to miss before we put him on the bench?

He needs a rest ffs.

Tbh this is one I will happily say Lampard is at total fault for, probably my second biggest frustration with him after out of form Kante being shoehorned in at all costs last season.

Werner on the left can work but he has to be an inside forward, he's being used as a hug the touchline winger which is just wrong.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Torres wouldn't even get in the positions to miss those chances.

Strange as this will sound pre context Torres was actually pretty clinical when he got the chance, his issue was he was so shit tactically he won't often get them.

If Nando was genuinely a shit finisher he wouldn't have even made it to double figures for us.

Normally I'd agree, but tonight Timo has been invisible and the one time he had turn up he missed. I'd say he needs to spend some time on the bench, but unfortunately Ziyech is still out and there are not many alternatives.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Glad everyone's looking beyond the score on this, wish this will happen more often when this is reversed.

Last season a lot of people did. But when it's not in Frank's favour, I guess we should only look at the results

Just now, different level said:

Normally I'd agree, but tonight Timo has been invisible and the one time he had turn up he missed. I'd say he needs to spend some time on the bench, but unfortunately Ziyech is still out and they're not many alternatives.

Why are people surprised by a non-winger not doing well when he is asked to do winger things? And am not talking about missing chances.

Put him as top 9 with Pulisic and CHO on the wings 
Him playing on the wing is no excuse for him missing chances in front of goal. He needs to be on the bench, because he needs to know there are consequences for underperforming in a big club like Chelsea.

Sometimes putting players like Havertz and Werner on the bench is the best thing you could do.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Werner on the left can work but he has to be an inside forward, he's being used as a hug the touchline winger which is just wrong.

I seriously have no idea what Lampard is trying to accomplish by doing it. Why didn't we go out and buy an out-and-out winger instead!?

1 minute ago, 0007 said:

Last season a lot of people did. But when it's not in Frank's favour, I guess we should only look at the results

Tbh we did have a lot of promising performances last season despite a reverse.

I got a lot of stick for raving about our display at The Ethiad despite defeat but to outfootball a Pep side going toe to toe was outstanding.

Werner is known for missing chances, just study his Bundesliga past. The thing is, as a winger he gets 1 chance per game. As a striker, he may get much more and then I am sure he scores. Because he is known for his scoring too, in case you did not know.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I seriously have no idea what Lampard is trying to accomplish by doing it. Why didn't we go out and buy an out-and-out winger instead!?

I don't mind the idea of Werner or even Mount being emergency 4th choice winger (if we have 4 out and out wingers they'll always be one starved of game time badly).

But need to use him better tactically. Could argue if Pulisic injury record doesn't improve Werner LF and someone like Haaland coming in could be the way forward.