• Mount
    • Kovacic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

This is what happens when you play 2 midfielders who are basically useless as goal threats in Kante & Kova. They get the ball in space over and over and can't really do anything dangerous with it. 

Tammy hasn't been poor by any means but that half was a perfect demonstration of why I wanted Giroud to start. We're pumping cross after cross in there against a packed defense. Giroud would be getting on the end of some of these since he's stronger than Tammy.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

This is what happens when you play 2 midfielders who are basically useless as goal threats in Kante & Kova. They get the ball in space over and over and can't really do anything dangerous with it. 

Tammy hasn't been poor by any means but that half was a perfect demonstration of why I wanted Giroud to start. We're pumping cross after cross in there against a packed defense. Giroud would be getting on the end of some of these since he's stronger than Tammy.

best player in football to replace Kova in this set up would be (impossible to get him though) Leon Goretzka

tailor-made for this formation

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Sevilla, Liverpool, United and this. 

Three and a half games against best teams we faced this season and we didn't come close to scoring. 

gotta give some credit to Mou

he has set up brilliantly to clog the play

Mount was fine. Kova was a bit redundant since we knew Spuds would let us have the ball. He's effective when we play a pressing team where he can use his ball carrying in tight spaces. He's a bit useless when we dominate the ball.

Tammy has had some decent moments. This game just doesn't suit his strengths but it suits his competition on the bench

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

First goal decides this I think. Lampard shouldn't be tempted into taking risks even if its obvious that the current lineup can go side to side in a spell of possession and drop crosses in. 

Game seems ideal for someone like Pulisic or Havertz to come on later