Alan Dzagoev

Steve

Even if we get him, where are we going to play him? He is a CAM and we already well stocked in that area.

RAM?

kinda like this

---------------Torres

Hazard-----Mata-------Dzagoev

kinda similar to Dortmund.

not saying we should buy him, but it is very possible to make room for him.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAM?

kinda like this

---------------Torres

Hazard-----Mata-------Dzagoev

kinda similar to Dortmund.

not saying we should buy him, but it is very possible to make room for him.

He would then still be starting in the wide area, won't he? What we need now is a proper right sided winger, one who is comfortable playing there and Dzagoev is not that.

^^

Agreed. We've had enough converted wingers over the last few years. But we haven't had a proper natural winger since Robben!

But who is a "natural winger" now? Every winger now dreams of being an "inside forward" or even being an out and out central player. Even Hazard.

But who is a "natural winger" now? Every winger now dreams of being an "inside forward" or even being an out and out central player. Even Hazard.

True there aren't many left but surely we can find someone. Utd and Tottenham have proper wingers and that adds a dimension to their gamer we usually sorely lack especially against tight defenses.

We've already signed a natural winger in the form of Marin (let's hope he can prove to be world-class) surely we can find another.

Sometimes its better to buy player who actualy

comes here because he likes club, not just to become more famous for playing in bigger league for bigger club and more money.

A player like Dzagoev has completely different mentality than those of Hulk or Torres. If Dzagoev comes to Chelsea it will be his dream come true and such players cant flop. He will work lot and wont be under pressure as much as Hulk or Torres, Sheva,...

And nowdays, there is no such player as 'natural winger'. This is moder football now...

He's played predominantly in a wide role for Russia so far, granted I haven't seen much of him at CSKA so i'll go have a hunt and see what I can find, but it would strike me that he could play that right side next to hazard and mata. There's nothing I've seen that seems to suggest he can't.

True there aren't many left but surely we can find someone. Utd and Tottenham have proper wingers and that adds a dimension to their gamer we usually sorely lack especially against tight defenses.

We've already signed a natural winger in the form of Marin (let's hope he can prove to be world-class) surely we can find another.

Yea but even some German fans have suggested Marin is another who likes to play centrally.

Though I do accept the point about United. Nani, Valencia and Young seem happier on the wings. There's a sharp decline of natural wingers. As BBC said on the Russian-Pole half-time analysis, "more wingers are not reverting to inside wingers while full backs are a lot more attack minded"

Yea but even some German fans have suggested Marin is another who likes to play centrally.

Though I do accept the point about United. Nani, Valencia and Young seem happier on the wings. There's a sharp decline of natural wingers. As BBC said on the Russian-Pole half-time analysis, "more wingers are not reverting to inside wingers while full backs are a lot more attack minded"

I think Marin prefers to play out wide, since he played his best football there. His career has basically stagnated since he moved to SS role.

Natural wingers are declining and less needed, main reason is because full backs are asked to create width for their team. So you see a lot more attacking full backs and are a lot more demanded then defensive minded fullbacks like Ivanovic. Natural wingers are not priority because your fullback can provide the same width and crosses. So you see Di Maria and Robben once known for being a natural wingers, now are inverted wingers, also SS/CAM are more used out wide. It is a very interesting trend.

It is kinda funny most here on this forum want to see Chelsea sign a natural winger and RB who is defensive minded. Both with little demand in modern football.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You