Kai Havertz

Blues11

32 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Not too bonkers compared to what PSG paid for Mbappe (€180m) after one good season with Monaco.

Yeah those were out of this world and only a state backed club could pull such a horse shit....in FFP times no less.

He is a 90M player but actually nobody should pay that for him just because of the current economic climate and the fact that Leverkusen just missed on CL football next season. Plus Kai Havertz's contract situation and the rumoured transfer request. 

Leverkusen are in no position to hold on for that much money. Maybe with CL football they'd have been entitled to, but not now and if they do it then good luck I guess, they'll lose him for half of that next summer. Or even worse, for free to Bayern the summer of 2022.

He is a 90M player but actually nobody should pay that for him just because of the current economic climate and the fact that Leverkusen just missed on CL football next season. Plus Kai Havertz's contract situation and the rumoured transfer request. 
Leverkusen are in no position to hold on for that much money. Maybe with CL football they'd have been entitled to, but not now and if they do it then good luck I guess, they'll lose him for half of that next summer. Or even worse, for free to Bayern the summer of 2022.

Theoretically they still could get into CL by winning the EL, slim chance though.

48 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

they can wait until next season when they can sell him again for this price. real and bayern will come.

our chance is now and to think is 10 mils more or less worth it, can just ruin our chance to get a future superstar. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wonder if this is a Lampard signing or a club signing...

If it's the latter, does Lampard approve it...?

You wonder if Lampard will approve of this world class signing from the board? Is this a joke? He is probably jumping like a bunny like we are right now.

1 minute ago, Judy said:

You wonder if Lampard will approve of this world class signing from the board? Is this a joke? He is probably jumping like a bunny like we are right now.

Not every player can fit into a manager's plan, however good they are...

8 minutes ago, Judy said:

Havertz is lazy off the ball. No manager likes that.

He would be an absolute luxury player and force Lampard to change his system or not start Pulisic or Ziyech.

Shevchenko being forced on Mourinho in 2006 cost us the league title because we had to change our system with wingers to a diamond.

The difference is mostly that we had a title winning squad dirsupter back then whilst now the team still has to be moulded.

Anyway if Havertz really joins, which I still doubt, albeit we currently look like his most likely destination, we need to shed midfielders badly.

On 07/07/2020 at 0:05 PM, Jason said:

The thing is, who is gonna buy Rabiot? Can other clubs afford him?

As for Jorginho, let's see if the Juventus rumors will pop up again because they have gone quiet recently. 

Rabiot would be a monster at Sevilla

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Havertz is lazy off the ball. No manager likes that.

He would be an absolute luxury player and force Lampard to change his system or not start Pulisic or Ziyech.

Shevchenko being forced on Mourinho in 2006 cost us the league title because we had to change our system with wingers to a diamond.

The difference is mostly that we had a title winning squad dirsupter back then whilst now the team still has to be moulded.

Anyway if Havertz really joins, which I still doubt, albeit we currently look like his most likely destination, we need to shed midfielders badly.

Weren't we already back on a diamond at that point? I recall Drogba and Crespo became a strike partnership at the last 5 games as 433 was becoming stale and United were starting to creep up. 

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Weren't we already back on a diamond at that point? I recall Drogba and Crespo became a strike partnership at the last 5 games as 433 was becoming stale and United were starting to creep up. 

Really? i remeber it that we still would play Robben and Duff/Cole flanking Drogs and Crespo coming from the bench. could be wrong tho its been ages. We had so much quality in depth back then its crazy. 7 central midfielders including Tiago, Maniche, Lassana, Essien, 5 wingers and 4 stirkers with Gudjohnsen and Crespo too. Basically 2-3 top class players for every position.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/fc-chelsea/kader/verein/631/saison_id/2005

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Really? i remeber it that we still would play Robben and Duff/Cole flanking Drogs and Crespo coming from the bench. could be wrong tho its been ages. We had so much quality in depth back then its crazy. 7 central midfielders including Tiago, Maniche, Lassana, Essien, 5 wingers and 4 stirkers with Gudjohnsen and Crespo too. Basically 2-3 top class players for every position.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/fc-chelsea/kader/verein/631/saison_id/2005

We switched to the diamond for the West Ham 4-1 game IIRC. Drogba and Crespo both scored in the first half.

5 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Havertz certainly looks lazy off the ball to me. The similarity to ozil I don't want.

False 9 would work great and probably Werner too. If not I wouldn't get him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

He is different to Özil tho. Much faster and better in the air. Likes to drift inside from the wing. Özil is completely useless out wide. Tbf he is useless anywhere by now. 

Timo and Havertz could easily play off each other and interchange vertically as opposed to a classic strike force with Havertz attacking long balls and Werner With the off the shoulder run. Once they would get used to the physicality they would wreak havoc