Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Works harder than Ozil for sure. :lol: 

He just needs to stop losing possession stupidly in our own half...

Eh, I don't mind him trying risky things as long as we have cover behind him that can pick up when it doesn't come off. He will get smarter and better with it as he gains more experience in the league though. 

We haven't seen the best of him at all just yet. 

22 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Eh, I don't mind him trying risky things as long as we have cover behind him that can pick up when it doesn't come off. He will get smarter and better with it as he gains more experience in the league though. 

It's fine in the offensive half (obviously) but not in the defensive half.

Is it just me or did he actually look better as a no. 8 than as a no.10 so far. When he dropsback and controls the tempo of the play he is just as comfortable on the ball as jorginho. I would still like him to shoot more often and go into the dribbling but i guess it will come.quiet but decent game from him

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Is it just me or did he actually look better as a no. 8 than as a no.10 so far. When he dropsback and controls the tempo of the play he is just as comfortable on the ball as jorginho. I would still like him to shoot more often and go into the dribbling but i guess it will come.quiet but decent game from him

I think playing as an 8 should evolve his game much better. I don't want him to just be a final third player. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The opinion of a Bayer Leverkusen fan from RedCafe

Yes. Already said it when the rumors to England began. Many people thought he was a classic 10 but his best performances for us - the ones that made him one of the greatest prospects in Europe - occurred when he was playing as an 8 in a 4-3-3 or a 8/10 hybrid alongside Brandt in a 3-6-1 with four two CDMs behind them. He's not a classic 10 or even a second striker. His great finishing and timing with runs into the box might have lead to this misconception but naturally, he's a CM. And not a box to box type like Lampard or Gerrard were but more like an Iniesta or David Silva type of player, position-wise.

That's not set in stone, obviously, since he's also shown great performances as a false 9 for example, has a very broad tool set and could grow into many different roles. But you can't really expect him to play a position he isn't used to and excel in it immediately.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/kai-havertz-chelsea-player.457299/page-15

Or fuller quote...

Is Havertz OK or feeling ill? More testing to make sure you're all OK?

It showed up in Uefa's testing on Monday. We re-tested yesterday but everyone else is negative in the squad. I've spoken to him a couple of times. He's at home isolating. He has minor symptoms but he's fine. I spoke to him two hours before the game. He's doing all the right things. It's one of those things in the modern day.

Hope the others are really negative for good.

Havertz on why he joined Chelsea over other clubs and settling in with Werner...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/4231899/havertz-winning-titles-at-chelsea-worth-more-than-other-clubs

"To me, it was important to have a club with a vision," he told Sport Bild. "The club is on the move. We are a young team with a lot of great players. We think aggressively.

"We want to build something here and attack. This motivates me. And then, a title with Chelsea is just worth more.

"A transfer like this doesn't happen overnight. I had enough to go through all options and things which are important to me. I was watching a lot of Premier League on TV anyhow and knew Chelsea really well."

"I help Timo with good passes on the pitch and, at the beginning, he helped me out with a lift to the training grounds," he added.

"Sure, we do a lot of things together. This helps a lot. But we also must go our own ways to fully settle here.

"To me, the move to England is also important step for my personal development."