Kai Havertz

Blues11

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

It's already a 10/10.

Yep. If anyone had suggested a year ago the club would finish top4 and go on to sign Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chillwell and maybe Thiago Silva we'd have been calling the men in white coats and have them locked up for being out of their minds.

After the January window my realistic expectation for the summer was signing players like M. Dembele, Coutinho (loan) and Telles (didn't think Leicester would drop out of top4). That probably would've improved the team too and by any means those are not bad players but even in my dreams I didn't expect to sign better players in each position and then some.

Assuming Havertz, Chillwell and Silva are all completed I'd say only a GK is needed and the squad is more than ready for the coming season. 

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yep. If anyone had suggested a year ago the club would finish top4 and go on to sign Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chillwell and maybe Thiago Silva we'd have been calling the men in white coats and have them locked up for being out of their minds.

After the January window my realistic expectation for the summer was signing players like M. Dembele, Coutinho (loan) and Telles (didn't think Leicester would drop out of top4). That probably would've improved the team too and by any means those are not bad players but even in my dreams I didn't expect to sign better players in each position and then some.

Assuming Havertz, Chillwell and Silva are all completed I'd say only a GK is needed and the squad is more than ready for the coming season. 

Spot on. It isn't really registering at the moment. Doesn't feel real. Let's just hope they don't flop lol.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

GK

Dave------Silva---Zouma---Chilwell

Kante

Havertz----Mount

Ziyech---------------------Pulisic

Werner

So you would bench our player of the season and play out of position two world class players in Kante and Havertz just to accommodate Mount :lol::lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

Never watched him and he better be absolutely world beater. 

There is a difference between generational talent and "World beater".

He is NOT a world beater at this moment. He is still a brilliant player but young (very young), will have his odd poor games. Just look at Felix for an example. But he will be as good if not better than eden was for us in terms of quality.

100m is so much money. We were in a good position to negotiate a lower transfer fee too. This was certainly our only shot at signing Havertz but this is far from a bargain. Big pressure now on the player and manager for him to deliver instantly. He's going to be a very easy target.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So you would bench our player of the season and play out of position two world class players in Kante and Havertz just to accommodate Mount :lol::lol::lol:

Kante is our best bet for a DM next season (if things stay exactly as they are as of this moment). I think Kai and ziyech will be switched with ziyech playing cnetrally and Kai on the wings in attack. Which leaves us with either mount or Kova in a 4-3-3 (no 8s/10s) or 4-2-3-1 with Kova and kante playing the double pivot. 

Dont think @MoroccanBlue's team was very off from what we will be playing next season.

3 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Kante is our best bet for a DM next season (if things stay exactly as they are as of this moment). I think Kai and ziyech will be switched with ziyech playing cnetrally and Kai on the wings in attack. Which leaves us with either mount or Kova in a 4-3-3 (no 8s/10s) or 4-2-3-1 with Kova and kante playing the double pivot. 

Dont think @MoroccanBlue's team was very off from what we will be playing next season.

Unfortunately, i think the Bayern showing is why I believe the Kante=Kovacic pivot can't work. So imbalanced given neither player will 'sit'. Far too many gaps that were left which led Bayern to walk through the midfield. 

6 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

14 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

There is a difference between generational talent and "World beater".

He is NOT a world beater at this moment. He is still a brilliant player but young (very young), will have his odd poor games. Just look at Felix for an example. But he will be as good if not better than eden was for us in terms of quality.

@NikkiCFC I used to think the same but Havertz sees himself as a right sided no.8

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/kai-havertz-chelsea-transfers-werner-18820137

so the lineup posted may very well be spot on

8 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Kante best position is in double pivot. Him playing alone DM can hurt us offensively. From what I have seen Havertz top3 positions are: RW, CF and AM. Number 8 only after that.

I also wanted to say this. Kai RW and Ziyech in the middle have more sense to me too.