Kai Havertz

Blues11

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Because I've seen what that fee did to Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Jao Felix and others like Kepa who is the record goalkeeper. I'm just hoping that he doesn't fall under pressure :(

That's what seperates the pro's from the boys. Doubt he will tbh, fee's like this are "common" now a days.

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Because I've seen what that fee did to Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Jao Felix and others like Kepa who is the record goalkeeper. I'm just hoping that he doesn't fall under pressure :(

I don't think the fee has got much to do with those players failing to be honest.

For starters, Dembele has been really unlucky with injuries. And many of the other Barca flops like Coutinho, Griezmann (and Zlatan before them) have also failed largely because of Messi too. While Messi is one of the greatest players of all time, it can be difficult for other attacking players to shine in the same team as him, especially if they have a manager who doesn't really know what he's doing. 

Just look at the Argentina NT, a world class player like Dybala has barely featured because having Messi dictates so much on how they play as a team and how they set up their attack. Griezmann as a player is quite similar to Dybala and neither of those have been played in their best roles because Messi occupies much of the same space as they would ideally and they haven't been able to adapt to a different role.

Griezmann and Coutinho were both statement signings made by the Barcelona board without really having a plan for them so it's not that surprising they haven't been good for them. I think Coutinho was played mostly on the left winger spot which is not where he played his best football at Liverpool.

And as for Joao Felix he's still young and at 20yo I wouldn't write him off just yet. But maybe he should've stayed at Benfica for another season before making his move. Now he came to Atletico with huge expectations after just one season of professional football under his belt while Havertz already has four seasons as a regular starter at Leverkusen. If a player is good enough and they're played in a role best suited for them, they will come good no matter the fee.

56 minutes ago, Valdo said:

That's what seperates the pro's from the boys. Doubt he will tbh, fee's like this are "common" now a days.

Pogba is still under pressure to justify his huge signing, and to be honest he hasn't delivered. Hopefully he can take the pressure, because pressure will definitely come even if the fee is common these days.

36 minutes ago, Jype said:

I don't think the fee has got much to do with those players failing to be honest.

For starters, Dembele has been really unlucky with injuries. And many of the other Barca flops like Coutinho, Griezmann (and Zlatan before them) have also failed largely because of Messi too. While Messi is one of the greatest players of all time, it can be difficult for other attacking players to shine in the same team as him, especially if they have a manager who doesn't really know what he's doing. 

Just look at the Argentina NT, a world class player like Dybala has barely featured because having Messi dictates so much on how they play as a team and how they set up their attack. Griezmann as a player is quite similar to Dybala and neither of those have been played in their best roles because Messi occupies much of the same space as they would ideally and they haven't been able to adapt to a different role.

Griezmann and Coutinho were both statement signings made by the Barcelona board without really having a plan for them so it's not that surprising they haven't been good for them. I think Coutinho was played mostly on the left winger spot which is not where he played his best football at Liverpool.

And as for Joao Felix he's still young and at 20yo I wouldn't write him off just yet. But maybe he should've stayed at Benfica for another season before making his move. Now he came to Atletico with huge expectations after just one season of professional football under his belt while Havertz already has four seasons as a regular starter at Leverkusen. If a player is good enough and they're played in a role best suited for them, they will come good no matter the fee.

great reply

33 minutes ago, Jype said:

I trust Havertz will come good based on his sheer ability alone. I am just wary of the English media who can be very hard on expensive players. Just look at Pogba, he is slagged off everyday by pundits :D. Luckily it's a ManUtd problem

7 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I trust Havertz will come good based on his sheer ability alone. I am just wary of the English media who can be very hard on expensive players. Just look at Pogba, he is slagged off everyday by pundits :D. Luckily it's a ManUtd problem

if we toss out a shedload on Chilwell, then that  perhaps would take some of the pressure off Havertz, provided Chilwell doesn't have an explosive start and Havertz a slow one

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I think with Pogba part of the problem is there's just something deeply unlikeable about him. He's very arrogant, flashy and has that cunt Mino Raiola always talking big in the media so pundits take him under special scrutiny. And it probably didn't help that Mourinho also used to slag him off in public when he was their manager so the attitude towards him just stuck even after Jose was long gone. 

Havertz seems like a more quiet guy who lets his football do the talking so I don't think the media will hound him out that badly if he doesn't succeed immediately. But let's hope he does. ^_^

Just now, blues.bridge said:

Are u serious? 
they are very different and Dybala is much much better

What I mostly meant was that positionally they're both at their best playing in the second striker role, which is something that doesn't exist in a Barcelona or Argentina team with Messi in it.

Dybala is a better dribbler and passer, while Griezmann is probably the better finisher of the two. Either way both of them are really high quality players when played in their best roles and less good when forced to play out of position, ie. on the wings. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Bild said yesterday that Havertz has agreed to (this is a huge wage) £346K PW

I was on Redcafe, and some of the German members are saying that Bild is a terrible source, 

Everything that has Bild in it's name is shit. They've got reliable information at times and often know stories before anyone else knows them but on the other hand it's impossible to tell apart which articles are based on knowledge and which are invented.

There's a saying in Germany: "Bild talked to the deceased first while Express recorded the audio."

Disgusting news paper. The type of journos that force fresh widows into exclusive interviews through threats that they make the affairs of their deceased husband public.

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Bild is very reliable when it comes to football.

They are garbage when it comes to outside football topics

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

They are good when it comes to breaking news early but I never trust them with concrete numbers as they usually tend to exaggerate

Kai Havertz 'wants to come to Chelsea more than Chelsea want him'

Chelsea transfer target Kai Havertz is seemingly desperate to join the Blues.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1325456/Chelsea-transfer-news-Kai-Havertz-Sky-Sports

On 19/08/2020 at 0:31 PM, iceboy said:

Re: Havertz 

@SPORTBILD today

Havertz has told his Leverkusen-bosses:
- I want to play for Chelsea. And please don’t take too long agreeing a fee with them, cause I want to start training there as quick as possible

Did he really said 'please'? 🤔