Kai Havertz

Blues11

14 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

You know what Werner has that makes for a smooth transition?SPEED, really fucking fast speed and control when going really fucking fast. He also seems genuinely humble in his pursuit to improve.

Exactly. If there's one thing defenders hate it's pace. I don't think Timo will struggle early at all. Perhaps if he's thrown straight in as the CF it'll take some getting used to. But with Pulisic likely starting the season out injured I expect Werner will begin on the left. So he'll be able to unleash his pace and sprinting in behind from the off.

And I don't know where this stuff about him not being "technical" is coming from. Have you watched him? Looks more than capable to me. He's not Neymar or Hazard on the ball but he is easily capable of dribbling defenders and playing in tight spaces. When I think of forwards who are not technical I think Lukaku/Tammy.

18 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Let’s gooo

0902C6F7-8633-4369-ACB4-A46614B6AB96.png

Is that any different to what we have been hearing/reading? :doh: 

We have known for ages that it's about the payment structure and yet, they are taking ages to agree on it! :rant:

And not to mention, Kevin Palmer knows F all! He's just saying the same stuff that others are saying, same like that wannabe journalist Simon Phillips!

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Lets wait to see how Werner, Ziyech and others adapt to PL. Then we can talk about great deals or flops. 

Even Jorgi and Kepa ultimately proved they were flops and not worth the money and time.

Since Torres, Morata etc I prefer to wait even if a big name is signed.

That is strange, considering you pretty much wrote off Pulisic before he even kicked the ball for us... 

9 hours ago, Valdo said:

I know, that was "phun" intended. I think Ziyech will settle in the league sooner then Werner, I think Werner might struggle the first couple of weeks. But I'm sure they won't turn out to be Torres/Morata/Bakayoko/Drinkwater w/e level signings.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

haha i see.

I agree, Ziyech and Kai if signed will definately adapt to the league in their own way because they have quality, question is if they suit the league. Like Di Maria who is absolute class, just not for PL.

Werner isnt technical, so there is always some chance he just isnt good enough for a big club. He could flop easier than other two signings. We shall see.

I hope they form some badass attack in couple seasons.

You lot talk about Werner like he's some dud from the Danish league or something. 

And is this a competition or something - Ziyech or Werner to settle in first before the other? Ideally, we would want both to settle in ASAP but as we all know and Lampard has mentioned before, we need to give them some time to settle in. 

We only knew that we are in discussions with Bayern . We didn’t know if we made official bid yet (probably not) . If Kevin palmer says the truth ,then we know that we have agreed the fee for havertz and we are focusing on instalments of the deal .

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is strange, considering you pretty much wrote off Pulisic before he even kicked the ball for us... 

I was sceptic about Puli and for 65m someone who didnt exactly pull brilliant numbers and was injured, its normal. I also said I will support the dude, like all players but that is forgotten?

Then again Puli had great few games. Anyone, even Alonso or Jorginho had a run of great games. Im not just gonna change my opinion after couple games and join the bandwagon. Yet people are already calling him next Hazard and that he will be better than Hazard. Maybe. But lets wait if he can actualy deliver entire season of this. Then I will say I was truly wrong about him. 

It was same about Jorginho. I was sceptic and yet he had a good run, but ultimately wasnt good enough. Puli has a long way to show his worth. Few games are nothing compared to whole season of leading us on next level, like Costa, Hazard did in recent history.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I was sceptic about Puli and for 65m someone who didnt exactly pull brilliant numbers and was injured, its normal. I also said I will support the dude, like all players but that is forgotten?

Then again Puli had great few games. Anyone, even Alonso or Jorginho had a run of great games. Im not just gonna change my opinion after couple games and join the bandwagon. Yet people are already calling him next Hazard and that he will be better than Hazard. Maybe. But lets wait if he can actualy deliver entire season of this. Then I will say I was truly wrong about him. 

It was same about Jorginho. I was sceptic and yet he had a good run, but ultimately wasnt good enough. Puli has a long way to show his worth. 

So we are moving the goalpost here from "whether he can do it in the Premier League?" to "whether he can perform beyond a season?"? :carlo:

Few games? Pulisic was already good when he broke into the first XI since last October and he got even better after the restart. He has shown the qualities that he can succeed here, especially when his playing style is similar to Hazard. The question of course is whether he can stay fit for at least 90% of the season. Otherwise, I have no doubt that he will do well for us and he also has the right mentality and attitude to go with his talent. 

Not sure about the Jorginho comparison because he is ultimately a limited player and a system player - which Pulisic isn't. Play him in a system like Sarri's, yeah, he will likely do well. Otherwise, he is unable to do that and although he plays in a different position to Pulisic, Jorginho has so many more flaws to his game. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Few games are nothing compared to whole season of leading us on next level, like Costa, Hazard did in recent history.

Hazard and Costa led us to the next level? That certainly made a difference domestically in helping us to win titles but I don't they carried us to the level like Man City and Liverpool are at. Granted, it's not entirely their fault that we didn't build a great squad all those years ago but yeah, we yo-yo-ed between success and disaster, even with them. Hazard did well domestically but didn't (still doesn't) turn up in Europe. Costa also somewhat similar and he tended to fall off the pace in the second half of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

So we are moving the goalpost here from "whether he can do it in the Premier League?" to "whether he can perform beyond a season?"? :carlo:

Few games? Pulisic was already good when he broke into the first XI since last October and he got even better after the restart. He has shown the qualities that he can succeed here, especially when his playing style is similar to Hazard. The question of course is whether he can stay fit for at least 90% of the season. Otherwise, I have no doubt that he will do well for us and he also has the right mentality and attitude to go with his talent. 

Not sure about the Jorginho comparison because he is ultimately a limited player and a system player - which Pulisic isn't. Play him in a system like Sarri's, yeah, he will likely do well. Otherwise, he is unable to do that and although he plays in a different position to Pulisic, Jorginho has so many more flaws to his game. 

Hazard and Costa led us to the next level? That certainly made a difference domestically in helping us to win titles but I don't they carried us to the level like Man City and Liverpool are at. Granted, it's not entirely their fault that we didn't build a great squad all those years ago but yeah, we yo-yo-ed between success and disaster, even with them. Hazard did well domestically but didn't (still doesn't) turn up in Europe. Costa also somewhat similar and he tended to fall off the pace in the second half of the season. 

Before calling me out I was wrong about Puli, lets make sure he can deliver on regular basis. Staying fit is also a part of it. Because I clearly mentioned his injury record back then. 

Hazard and Costa can only do so much. Our wingbacks were average. Cesc was shit without the ball. Liverpoop didnt win shit either with their front 3 until they signed Van Dijk and Alison. 

When Puli leads us to domestic title, I wont complain one bit mate. 

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Before calling me out I was wrong about Puli, lets make sure he can deliver on regular basis. Staying fit is also a part of it. Because I clearly mentioned his injury record back then. 

Hazard and Costa can only do so much. Our wingbacks were average. Cesc was shit without the ball. Liverpoop didnt win shit either with their front 3 until they signed Van Dijk and Alison. 

When Puli leads us to domestic title, I wont complain one bit mate. 

I did call you out on it because Pulisic has shown the qualities that you thought he didn't have. The quality is there and it is obvious. The fitness is the issue but that's another debate and if you want to move the goalpost, then sure.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

I did call you out on it because Pulisic has shown the qualities that you thought he didn't have. The quality is there and it is obvious. The fitness is the issue but that's another debate and if you want to move the goalpost, then sure.

Shown qualities? That I said he doesnt have? 

Obviously he is a quick player and will demonstrate good game and show his abilities. Even Morata demonstrated his qualities but went to become a complete flop.

But I specificly said back then

1.) He is weak. He cant shield the ball like Hazard

2.) He is injury prone

3.) He isnt prolific

Now he shown glimpses he can be decisive sure. But other two are still true. Eventualy opponents will figure it out how to defend as they always do and then comes the time for real evaluation of the player if he can adapt to that. I never said he isnt good and quick dribbler.

Bottom line there wasnt enough time to evaluate him. He had two very good spells, no point in calling him the next Hazard yet. CHO was great last year too. This season not so much.

If he does that sure, I will be happiest guy in the world. I wont care if I made misjudgement because that will mean he is doing well for Chelsea. 

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Pulisic First year 

11 goals, 7 assists

Dont mind that Pulisic hater...

Even Eden first year with more games isn't as prolific as this...if Christian is a united or pool or city player you will see how barrage of posters here will worship and rehearse how quality of a player he is and why we didnt buy him...

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Dont mind that Pulisic hater...

Even Eden first year with more games isn't as prolific as this...if Christian is a united or pool or city player you will see how barrage of posters here will worship and rehearse how quality of a player he is and why we didnt buy him...

I guess you mean me being his hater?

No I just think its stupid to jump on bandwagon about any player how great he is this quick. If Pulisic keeps this form he will be on 20 goals, 20 assists per season guy which means he just got extremely great start to his life in england. But hardly achievable, since that would make him the best player in england by mile. Morata was great in the start too. 

Every player has a honeymoon. Then a drop. And then we see their actual level. 

Im not saying Pulisic will flop, its just funny people jump on bandwagon so quick and if he for whatever reason flops, same lot will be shitting on him.

And lastly, we yet have to see how Pulisic copes with the schedule next season. If he stays fit, that is.

Im by far not his hater, I even had him in my FPL team post corona, so if anything I believed he will perform realy well. 

Meanwhile Eden comparisons are nonexistent. Eden had couple top seasons with Lille, played everyweek in and out there. 

But yeah you can accuse me of not hyping up a player (any player, not just Pulisic) after a couple good games because thats idiotic IMO. 

34 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I guess you mean me being his hater?

No I just think its stupid to jump on bandwagon about any player how great he is this quick. If Pulisic keeps this form he will be on 20 goals, 20 assists per season guy which means he just got extremely great start to his life in england. But hardly achievable, since that would make him the best player in england by mile. Morata was great in the start too. 

Every player has a honeymoon. Then a drop. And then we see their actual level. 

Im not saying Pulisic will flop, its just funny people jump on bandwagon so quick and if he for whatever reason flops, same lot will be shitting on him.

And lastly, we yet have to see how Pulisic copes with the schedule next season. If he stays fit, that is.

Im by far not his hater, I even had him in my FPL team post corona, so if anything I believed he will perform realy well. 

Meanwhile Eden comparisons are nonexistent. Eden had couple top seasons with Lille, played everyweek in and out there. 

But yeah you can accuse me of not hyping up a player (any player, not just Pulisic) after a couple good games because thats idiotic IMO. 

Am not a fan of player comparison even Christian distanced himself several times from the Eden Eden comparison....the reason I brought the stats is how people wrote or slated him off before the season even began and due to less game time though due to his fitness issue...

The hatred post is directed not to you but several posters here towards Pulisic even before he kicked a ball to me I dont doubt his abilities and the quality he is gonna bring to the team only concerned about his fitness issue....