21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why you think this? Jorginho choose us. Fred and Sanchez choose Utd over them and Van Dijk choose Liverpool. City wanted all of them admitted by Pep. 

Only one of your examples chose Chelsea over City. Walker chose them over us. Once City's interest was known, Stones talked about how lucky he was that Everton refused to sell to us. Danilo claimed that he turned down a better contract with us in order to join them. I think those numbers bear out my claim that Chillwell would almost certainly.prefer City, but hang the numbers. Which club would you bet on in that transfer tug-of-war?

23 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Only one of your examples chose Chelsea over City. Walker chose them over us. Once City's interest was known, Stones talked about how lucky he was that Everton refused to sell to us. Danilo claimed that he turned down a better contract with us in order to join them. I think those numbers bear out my claim that Chillwell would almost certainly.prefer City, but hang the numbers. Which club would you bet on in that transfer tug-of-war?

Walker being a spud played a role, I am sure, and yes, he would have been an upgrade over Azpi (mainly on offence and mainly the last 2 plus seasons, which is when I first started to see Azpi decline, starting that last Conte season) but cannot be arsed over him that much at all

fuck Stones and Danilo, nothing special there, and if Pep cannot elevate Stones play (I do not think Stones is a WC CB at all atm, plus is so injury prone) who can?

the one player they got (besides obviously de Bruyne) that broke my heart was Bernardo, and you can add in Laporte too (his value is being shown now, as they are fucked at the back without him) I would take a healthy Laporte over Skriniar and Romagoli, in fact if we are talking picking any CB's in the world, for just this one year and next (so 2 seasons and done), the only two I would take over a healthy Laporte would be van Dijk and Koulibaly (it is simple with them in terms of the 2 years, as next season is both their last under 30 years old, they are almost the exact same age, KK is 18 days older), with José Giménez rounding out my top 4 in the world atm

I desperately, after Mbappe, wanted Bernardo the most off that 2016-17 Monaco superteam, but nope, we went for Donkeybaka (full disclosure, I was thrilled when we bought him, he was my biggest mistake ever probably in terms of scouting talent) :(

On 11/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, Vesper said:

only LB's remotely available (Alaba probably not anyway) who are worth buying, it is the weakest position in world football in terms of the market

in order of quality atm

David Alaba    (next summer is last year he is young enough to buy)

Alex Telles (next summer is last year he is young enough to buy, why we did not buy hum 4 or 5 years ago on is a fucking mystery, one of the most underrated fullbacks in the last ten years)

José Gayà 

Ben Chilwell 

Alejandro Grimaldo  

Sergio Reguilón

Layvin Kurzawa (next summer is last year he is young enough to buy)

finally

youth wild card

Rayan Aït Nouri , 18yo from Angers, who we should grab asap, huge potential

Image result for Rayan Aït NouriImage result for Rayan Aït NouriImage result for Rayan Aït Nouri

the missed ones over the last 4 years or so

Alex Sandro    too old now, will be 30 net season, one of the biggest transfer cock-ups we had in last ten years in terms of failed buys

Júnior Firpo (so stupid we did not buy him)

Renan Lodi (very much doubt AM will sell him, as they just bought him)

Leicester being Leicester they will be looking crazy money for chilwell I would go for Alejandro Grimaldo or José Gayà

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Gaya the better and cheaper option

Yeah if we can't get Chillwell I will settle for Gaya as second. 

But I think Chillwell is worth the price. We will pay a premium for English players. 

And I don't mind paying that for young top players. 

On 15/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, the wes said:

Our number one priority should be CB not a LB atm

This. We need another CB that can marshall the defence. Zouma, AC and Tomori are all CB2/Covering defenders (think Gallas/Riccy C) and Rudi is the only one that is a CB1/Leader (think JT/Cahill). That for me is the second biggest reason we are still conceeding too many goals, with the first being Kepa's inability to control his box and specifically his 6 yard area. So yes, CF2, CB and possibly a AM to replace Pedro (depending on who the CF2 is) are priorities over a LB as Emerson at LB1 and Alonso at LB2 is not the worst combo.