21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

£70m for him is madness. Just finally grab Alex Telles, something that should have been done 3 or 4 years ago, once we saw Juve bending us over with Alex Sandro.

I doubt Lamps would be going on about how happy he is with the squad and then demand 70m signings and let that leak to the press. Cheap story. Never been sold on Chilwell anyway tbf. Telles is still just 26 and has a 40m release clause so yeah would be a better option but its too early to even ponder those moves already.

10 minutes ago, Alabama said:

I would rather go after Jose Gaya or Alex Grimaldo... 

José Gayà would be a huge signing

or Alaba, but next year is the last window he would be worth the cash Bayern would need to prise him away

we have just named the only five LB's who are remotely available I rate (including Chilwell) and Alaba really isnt available

Alex Sandro will be too old to buy next summer (for long term), unless Juve sells him cheap it is a pass for me

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

José Gayà would be a huge signing

or Alaba, but next year is the last window he would be worth the cash Bayern would need to prise him away

we have just named the only five LB's who are remotely available I rate (including Chilwell) and Alaba really isnt available

Alex Sandro will be too old to buy next summer (for long term), unless Juve sells him cheap it is a pass for me

Really love the look of the guy.... Quality offensive left full back... 

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he rocketed up my charts last year or two

The Three musketeers who are Spanish nationals who I would like any of them in our squad..  Unfortunately one has moved to Barca at a very cheap price... 

Junior Firpo

Jose Gaya

Alex Grimaldo 

Just now, Alabama said:

The Three musketeers who are Spanish nationals who I would like any of them in our squad..  Unfortunately one has moved to Barca at a very cheap price... 

Junior Firpo

Jose Gaya

Alex Grimaldo 

dont even get me started on Firpo, grrrrrr

he was my number one LB want last year

there are 3 other really good Spanish LB's too

Alfonso Pedraza of Villarreal (replaced Firpo at Betis via a loan)

and one I rate even higher potentially

Aarón Martín of Mainz

finally

Sergio Reguilón, who is on loan at Sevilla, from Real Madrid

watch Adrià Pedrosa at Epsnayol as well

and finally (and potentially the best of all these)

Juan Miranda, 19yo, tall (1.85) pacy LB at Barca

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

dont even get me started on Firpo, grrrrrr

he was my number one LB want last year

there are 3 other really good Spanish LB's too

Alfonso Pedraza of Villarreal (replaced Firpo at Betis via a loan)

and one I rate even higher potentially

Aarón Martín of Mainz

finally

Sergio Reguilón, who is on loan at Sevilla, from Real Madrid

watch Adrià Pedrosa at Epsnayol as well

and finally (and potentially the best of all these)

Juan Miranda, 19yo, tall (1.85) pacy LB at Barca

I have heard Nuno Tavares at Benfica is one to watch. 

16 minutes ago, ja1 said:

I have heard Nuno Tavares at Benfica is one to watch. 

oh, he looks interesting

those big 3 Portuguese clubs are a gold mine, especially Benfica

Florentino is going to be a beast DMF

and Gedson Fernandes at CMF

Jota at SS or winger

obviously Dias at CB is a great target,and their other 22yo CB, Ferro, looks promising too (tall 1.92m)

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

I remember similar headlines about Pulisic a couple months before we signed him. Looks like this is happening. 

or this is just journos putting two and two together. Chilwell has 4 years left on deal and held out for 80 m for Maguire. Chelsea have a transfer ban in January and City also have issues at left back. I am not convinced 

Really hope not. We need a new LB but I would rather wait till we get a bonafide top class one if there's none available next summer.

Chilwell falls into the same "good but flawed" category our current two LBs do, would be a waste of resources.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Really hope not. We need a new LB but I would rather wait till we get a bonafide top class one if there's none available next summer.

Chilwell falls into the same "good but flawed" category our current two LBs do, would be a waste of resources.

I think hes about as good anybody who is realistically attainable.

There arent many top class LBs around unfortunately that we could get and at his age, with his current level, the games hes got in the PL and the fact he is probably going to England's first choice LB for the foreseeable future he would be a worth while investment. Jose Gaya is another guy I like, have done for a few seasons, lots of La Liga and CL/European experience. Talk of us monitoring him as well.

Chilwell would cost a lot yes so maybe looking at another alternative at a similar level wouldnt the worst idea but I have no doubts a LB will be a target as I cant see Alonso or Emerson both remaining,  especially of Frank reinstates Emerson when hes fully fit as first choice. Alonso was also heavily linked with Atletico before after Sarri made Emerson first choice back end of the season and I think we knocked back a bid in the summer too. Sarri also really wants Emerson at Juve so rumours of us looking for a LB are definitely along the right lines. 

33 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If City do want him after all he'll almost certainly choose them over us.

Why you think this? Jorginho choose us. Fred and Sanchez choose Utd over them and Van Dijk choose Liverpool. City wanted all of them admitted by Pep. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think hes about as good anybody who is realistically attainable.

There arent many top class LBs around unfortunately that we could get and at his age, with his current level, the games hes got in the PL and the fact he is probably going to England's first choice LB for the foreseeable future he would be a worth while investment. Jose Gaya is another guy I like, have done for a few seasons, lots of La Liga and CL/European experience. Talk of us monitoring him as well.

Chilwell would cost a lot yes so maybe looking at another alternative at a similar level wouldnt the worst idea but I have no doubts a LB will be a target as I cant see Alonso or Emerson both remaining,  especially of Frank reinstates Emerson when hes fully fit as first choice. Alonso was also heavily linked with Atletico before after Sarri made Emerson first choice back end of the season and I think we knocked back a bid in the summer too. Sarri also really wants Emerson at Juve so rumours of us looking for a LB are definitely along the right lines. 

only LB's remotely available (Alaba probably not anyway) who are worth buying, it is the weakest position in world football in terms of the market

in order of quality atm

David Alaba    (next summer is last year he is young enough to buy)

Alex Telles (next summer is last year he is young enough to buy, why we did not buy hum 4 or 5 years ago on is a fucking mystery, one of the most underrated fullbacks in the last ten years)

José Gayà 

Ben Chilwell 

Alejandro Grimaldo  

Sergio Reguilón

Layvin Kurzawa (next summer is last year he is young enough to buy)

finally

youth wild card

Rayan Aït Nouri , 18yo from Angers, who we should grab asap, huge potential

Image result for Rayan Aït NouriImage result for Rayan Aït NouriImage result for Rayan Aït Nouri

the missed ones over the last 4 years or so

Alex Sandro    too old now, will be 30 net season, one of the biggest transfer cock-ups we had in last ten years in terms of failed buys

Júnior Firpo (so stupid we did not buy him)

Renan Lodi (very much doubt AM will sell him, as they just bought him)

On 11/08/2019 at 4:01 PM, Alabama said:

Junior Firpo

Jose Gaya

Alex Grimaldo 

I pushed Firpo for ages here, do a search and you see me all over it:(