Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

It's the lack of channels that are created in a 4231 compared to a 433. So many times the midfield recycled back to the defence instead of transitioning the ball. 
Lost track the amount of times Werner had to check down to midfield to help with transition. This shouldn't be an issue against bloody Brighton...
No I disagree because Kante moves around more when we have the ball and kovacic comes deep between the cbs almost as a dm anyway, the pivot isn't static. The fullbacks in particular struggle when the get the ball to feet and are under pressure.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

decent half. defense has been rock solid so far but hardly tested. i loved ziyechs crossfield balls and werners linkup play. RLC still has not shaken off the injury. I fear he is done as an elite player if he does not regain his burst of pace.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If anyone fancy's half time laugh Spurs have charged their fans £10 to watch the pre season friendly Vs Birmingham.

Just when you think Levy couldn't get even more ridiculous...

About to say thats not to bad..before realising they're not watching in the stadium..bit of a cheek!

5 minutes ago, Valdo said:

I have a feeling Ruben just never will get to the form we want him to be

He will be 25 in less than 5 months and I can't even see  him being in the mix for the regular subs that Frank is gonna use. 

I think this ship has sailed. 

About to say thats not to bad..before realising they're not watching in the stadium..bit of a cheek!
Everytime spurs and money comes up i always think of their owner offering 30m for Morientes. . . . .in 10 instalments giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd74tflrji7sl3skbgzt05ru0euxndf35khdft6u3fx&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's only a friendly so I'm not going to read into it a lot, but I am concerned about our central midfield.

The way we play now Kante/Kovacic/RLC are mostly disrupting the opposition and instantly passing it to the flanks, reducing the chance for our wingers to make space for themselves.
We need a CM that can carry forward the ball to some degree and pull the opposing defence to him, and only then go wide. If Ziyech gets it too close to the middle of the pitch, he cant make any dangerous runs and has to pass it back to the defence. 

It makes our plays very predictable, while also slowing the tempo. 

I think Havertz could be the right player for this, but it concerns me that this issue is carrying on from the previous season.