Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I don't know if you're trolling or whatever... But in fact I understand easily the critics toward Mikel then.

That's a typical situation where he has no option than to pass to Cole or a central defender. And of course that's because the donkey Mikel can't pass the ball forward. HE HAS NO FUCKING PASSING OPTIONS here, is that so hard to notice ?

That situation is just dreadful in terms of passiveness and lack of availability. Look at that mess, no one asks the ball, no one is positioned in an interval, that's a group of clueless hobos in the center of the field ... Hazard triggered his run after Mikel carried the ball on several yards.

That's against Reading, we were kind of lucky only to have faced a Championship team... they were even leading 2-1 at one point and had several options to score on fast break that they wasted. Thankfully we had an easy calendar because some of our performances were just awful, like last season in CL where we still managed to concede 20+ chances per game and escaping from it for some reason

Positioning is a matter of playing application. The working RdM formula was about interchanging, quick link up... actually the attackers were rooted and waited the ball onto their feet!! This couldn't work, except to leave the defenders more isolated they were already.

Benitez asks more protection on the channels to prevent 2vs1 (reason why Cole, Bosingwa and even Ivanovic suddently became sunday league defenders the recent seasons, some people really should cogitate before speaking).

That gives more options to distribute and more ease to break and exploit space. As you can see here (that's my piece on the City game and the first touches of Benitez's instructions) the defence is narrow (white) because the yellow attackers offers more protecton to the channels

Mikel did contribute to recover the ball, it came to Ramires who could play to Hazard way easier that it was the case with Robbie

positioning-counter-attack.png?w=827&h=444

I regret even referring to that picture, because you still haven't address the two main points that I mentioned.

You're saying the attackers need to be more dynamic, and shouldn't remain static upfront? Fair enough, that wasn't even my argument...

You had said earlier that our most successful attacks came from our attackers dropping deep to collect the ball from Mikel..I'm saying that won't always work, and hasn't been working in the recent games..If the players interchanged positions, then the flow of the attack won't be disturbed...but that's not possible as Mikel can't venture forward, being the defensive mid. As a result one of Mata or Hazard drops deep, and this reduces options upfront.

The other point was regarding his workrate when defending. You still haven't addressed Vidal's goal in the Juventus game..To me it looked as if he wasn't trying enough for that one, as well as for the equalizer in the previous clash with them..Of course you might have another explanation which I'll be happy to learn..

and clattencunt walks free???

Well he hasn't been found guilty of anything, so um yeah :rolleyes:

This Mikel ban is on the light end of the scale for threatening a ref. Anyone moaning about it really needs to get some perspective. We were fucking lucky this time.

Well he hasn't been found guilty of anything, so um yeah :rolleyes:

This Mikel ban is on the light end of the scale for threatening a ref. Anyone moaning about it really needs to get some perspective. We were fucking lucky this time.

dude, mikel was going to face something or the other even if clattencunt was found guilty. u cant threaten a ref but our players and the club is not that stupid to go into the ref's locker and threaten him because he gave a couple of bad decisions. clattencunt had to have said something of the magnitude which made mikel do what he did. thats y it just hurts that our player gets a ban and the real bastard walks scott free.

dude, mikel was going to face something or the other even if clattencunt was found guilty. u cant threaten a ref but our players and the club is not that stupid to go into the ref's locker and threaten him because he gave a couple of bad decisions. clattencunt had to have said something of the magnitude which made mikel do what he did. thats y it just hurts that our player gets a ban and the real bastard walks scott free.

He 'had to have said something' did he? You don't know that for fucks sake.

Players can't do what Mikel did and he's fucking lucky to have just got three games if we're being totally honest.

As for Clattenburg, the authorities found he had no case to answer and the club accepted that. Keeping on implying that he did say something when you've got absolutely no proof is just stupid.