Mikel John Obi

Badboy

1 minute ago, Ossie the King said:

Fair play to you for having the balls to say that. I'll join you.

Never disliked Mikel but not his biggest fan, yet he put in an outstanding performance today. Please keep it up.

I have nothing against Mikel. Not the slightest bit. But I don't like his football at all. Think he's regressed from what he used to be years back. He does too little for me.

But today he was fantastic. Big move from Hiddink too. But it worked out brilliantly.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

I hope this performance makes his critics realise how useful of a squad player he is. He does his job. He is not going to play consistently world class but for a player who knows he is a back up role and comes in and performs like that, we should appreciate that. He proves that he can do a role in Matic absence and hopefully that performance assures people he will be fine in place of Matic for PSG. Great game and great valuable player. Why people think we should ship him. I never know. Anyway, today he showed the quality he has. Simply brilliant.

I daresay if he played like that more often then he wouldn't have critics.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

I hope this performance makes his critics realise how useful of a squad player he is. He does his job. He is not going to play consistently world class but for a player who knows he is a back up role and comes in and performs like that, we should appreciate that. He proves that he can do a role in Matic absence and hopefully that performance assures people he will be fine in place of Matic for PSG. Great game and great valuable player. Why people think we should ship him. I never know. Anyway, today he showed the quality he has. Simply brilliant.

Notice he got a couple games in a row under his belt (unlike under Mourinho where he'd play here and there) and he puts in a worldie? 

13 minutes ago, Stats said:

I'll need more before 'converting'.

36 minutes ago, Stats said:

Fair play to Mikel today. He was very very very good. It was arguably one of the best performances by any midfielders in the league this season - controlled the game, didn't give Palace an inch and provided a platform for us to launch our attacks. The thing with Mikel is he needs to be more consistent (it will probably come with more game time, I guess). We shouldn't forget that he sometimes can produce brainfart games - e.g looking slow and pedestrian on the ball, looking lost on the ball, losing out in challenges etc.

Hiddink on Mikel's performance...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/01/final-whistle-verdict-post-palace.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_NEWS_POSTMATCH

'He played very well as he also did in the previous games. He’s the ideal player in my option to bring balance to the team.

‘If the team is not willing to defend well or have the right balance then you concede a lot of goals. I thought John Obi can be one of the key figures in getting the balance back. On top of that the talented players can then explore their qualities.

‘He can recover the radar. He knows the game very well. He knows where the strength of the opponent is and he knows exactly how to cope with that. He has a very good eye, a very good nose, and a very good sense of where to recover.

'He doesn’t do it in a very brutal way – he’s very, very elegant. What I like to see very much is not just a quality player but a player who can defend so smoothly. It’s beautiful to see. He doesn’t lose many balls, he’s good in short passing. I don’t expect and I don’t ask him to make the decisive final pass. He can but no, we let the other players do that.’