Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Hahaha, all jokes aside.. He did what he usually does and it was ideal he did it without any careless mistakes. Whether Mikel should actually be here or not is another issue, but it was pleasant to see other fans giving him his props :lol:

Hahaha, all jokes aside.. He did what he usually does and it was ideal he did it without any careless mistakes. Whether Mikel should actually be here or not is another issue, but it was pleasant to see other fans giving him his props :lol:

So, for the same of argument let's say he did play well - though i still find difficult to see it (different discussion).

Now, the big question, concerning this match (Watford), is why did we play freaking Watford @ the bridge with both Mikel and Matic in the second half? Just check their attacking stats. Having them both on the pitch makes us LESS likely to score. Yes, we should have more of the ball and be able to defend better but we were losing the match at the time...

So, for the same of argument let's say he did play well - though i still find difficult to see it (different discussion).

Now, the big question, concerning this match (Watford), is why did we play freaking Watford @ the bridge with both Mikel and Matic in the second half? Just check their attacking stats. Having them both on the pitch makes us LESS likely to score. Yes, we should have more of the ball and be able to defend better but we were losing the match at the time...

See the thing is, I do agree. I don't know why Hiddink did that, because if Mikel was coming on I thought for Matic would've made more sense. But this brings me back to Cesc being too poor right now, for Hiddink to sacrifice him like that must be something attributed to Cesc himself. But that being said, Mikel hadn't done much wrong when he was playing. He did the job. Didn't play overly well or overly poor.

It's a flaw of playing Cesc in that role. Everyone know, this is just a very wild example, on Fifa when you play 2 proper DMs then it's almost impossible to get past such a defence at times. Maybe Hiddink wanted the back 6 to be solid as possible to give a free license to Pedro (Hazard), Oscar, Willian & Costa.

See the thing is, I do agree. I don't know why Hiddink did that, because if Mikel was coming on I thought for Matic would've made more sense. But this brings me back to Cesc being too poor right now, for Hiddink to sacrifice him like that must be something attributed to Cesc himself. But that being said, Mikel hadn't done much wrong when he was playing. He did the job. Didn't play overly well or overly poor.

It's a flaw of playing Cesc in that role. Everyone know, this is just a very wild example, on Fifa when you play 2 proper DMs then it's almost impossible to get past such a defence at times. Maybe Hiddink wanted the back 6 to be solid as possible to give a free license to Pedro (Hazard), Oscar, Willian & Costa.

He may have done the job, but was it a job in need of doing?

I see Fabregas and Mikel in a very similar way. Mikel is too much of a short passer (and nothing else); long balls are far more important for the role. He's also calm, composed and slow, which is also not what the role requires - DMs need to be dynamic and decisive. They need pace to recover because the very defensive ones are essentially defenders playing in the middle.

Fabregas is the polar opposite. He's dynamic, but has no strength or power (Mikel has plenty of strength). He cannot tackle to save his life, but he adds a lot of creativity if you can afford having him there. I personally think you can't (have Fabregas in a CM), but I also think you cannot have Mikel there either.

At least top top teams should aim for having better than both... but can't really say we are a top team at the moment... :)

It seems that Mikel is on everyone's list of players that should be shipped out ASAP. I just can't agree with this.

He doesn't play that much, he has a job to do and last year he did it well (shut up shop). He doesn't moan about his playing time or that he isn't used in certain ways. He's a great player to have in the squad and on the bench.

He's been a very loyal player to the club, I don't see the point in shipping him out.

It seems that Mikel is on everyone's list of players that should be shipped out ASAP. I just can't agree with this.

He doesn't play that much, he has a job to do and last year he did it well (shut up shop). He doesn't moan about his playing time or that he isn't used in certain ways. He's a great player to have in the squad and on the bench.

He's been a very loyal player to the club, I don't see the point in shipping him out.

The point is to get someone better and/or younger - perhaps RLC to play more.

If that's not possible - financially or RLC turns not that great or too green - then yes keep him.

He's on a 75k a week though which makes it a lot of money per minute play.

The point is to get someone better and/or younger - perhaps RLC to play more.

If that's not possible - financially or RLC turns not that great or too green - then yes keep him.

He's on a 75k a week though which makes it a lot of money per minute play.

Loftus-Cheek isn't ready for the first team...otherwise he would have broken through this season (where Matic, Fabregas, Ramires have all been awful at some point)

He might need a loan spell to 'mature' as a player, like Moyes did with Ross Barkley

Loftus-Cheek isn't ready for the first team...otherwise he would have broken through this season (where Matic, Fabregas, Ramires have all been awful at some point)

He might need a loan spell to 'mature' as a player, like Moyes did with Ross Barkley

being "ready" won't get you shit at chelsea. the manager even said he's ready. the performance vs liverpool did not suggest otherwise either